Gwent Content Creators

+
Thank you for the praise.
We had a bit of a content draught recently, the Plague and other circumstances make writing difficult. With the new expansion on the horizon we get more artworks and characters to discuss which should be enough for another article. And there is always the temptation of playing Gwent instead of writing about it.

@Easha Those intro decks you did and shared here was the first time i found out about you and your blog, actually.
[...]
As mentioned earlier we don't do social media so I am fairly sure there are plenty of people who might enjoy reading our content but simply have never heard of it. But we rather keep it with in a positive and more intimate enviroment like the forums or the Discord server instead of the Wild West of social media. It also helps a lot with creepy people who only see GIRL!!! and not the Gwent content we write.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Today's Fuchsia video is quite amazing, so i had to share it, for several reasons:

1. As a fellow meme aficionado, i take pride in knowing or having tried pratically every meme strategy possible in Gwent. So its not everyday, not even week or month, that i see something that is completely new to me, and its not surprising that it came from this creator :oops:

2. Usually, when there's pointswings of over 100 pts, its usually Yrden, or an Aglais / Dagur (or them getting countered), yet in this video
there's 2 such (beautiful) pointswings without any of those cards envolved.

Some of the Gwent youtube people I enjoy (misterhabbla1, FuchsiaBriefs and Specimen) have started up Patreons recently, which I like as a way to give back a bit for content that I enjoy. I far prefer the idea of kicking a few coins to people who do cool stuff than the whole surveillance & advertising model of funding that the web mostly uses at the moment, so I was happy to put my money where my mouth was and sign up.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I return to this topic to bring attention to Gwent's content creators.
Personally, i already promoted and shared my opinions on some of the biggest content creators, so today i'd rather focus on the lesser known creators, since they're the ones in most need of support, and sometimes they are the ones who most deserve it.

Note: again, i stress im a youtube viewer, not so much a twitch viewer, so my knowledge is limited to the platform i watch mostly.

I've seen is name going around frequently for a few months now, but only recently did i check his content.
i havent seen enough of him to make a solid opinion, but i can see two things clearly that definitely make me want to recommend him:

1. he's a very active creator, on his channel i can see he posts many videos per week
2. he truly is a meme lord, with meme quality content that makes me feel like i need to step up my meme game.

Another creator i already mentioned here before but he's still "growing his channel" is Korathi Heatwave. His playstyle is a lot different from mine, i get the feeling he doesnt give a ... crap, which makes it quite entertaining. And also, quite short videos which is i do like.

Finally, regarding the teams i said before Team Leviathan and Team Aretuza are the biggest ones. Its hard to deny this when each has in their roster a Gwent Masters champion, plus a lot of other amazing players and casters.

HOWEVER, i dont think those teams are the best at content creation in their sites, i want to point out the excellent work Team Bandit Gang does, with a particular emphasis on Bomblin (who also has his own YT channel, no gameplay videos, but more analysis and trivia), who seems to be a really awesome guy.
And also Team Kreve, which is posting a lot of original content. I still only know Fuchsia Briefs and KG (HeartsandWine) from videos , but based on those two they're a bunch of friendly easy-going players, who deserve more popularity.

Disclaimer: now, as a Partner myself i feel its more important to disclose these opinions are unbiased, i am not promoting friends or trying to get recruited, im sharing my opinions as a viewer/reader.

I've seen is name going around frequently for a few months now, but only recently did i check his content.
i havent seen enough of him to make a solid opinion, but i can see two things clearly that definitely make me want to recommend him:

1. he's a very active creator, on his channel i can see he posts many videos per week
2. he truly is a meme lord, with meme quality content that makes me feel like i need to step up my meme game.

https://www.youtube.com/c/PlainTalkJon/videos
He also streams on Twitch 6 days a week, and the community is awesome. :D

rrc

Forum veteran
Today's Fuchsia video is quite amazing, so i had to share it, for several reasons:

1. As a fellow meme aficionado, i take pride in knowing or having tried pratically every meme strategy possible in Gwent. So its not everyday, not even week or month, that i see something that is completely new to me, and its not surprising that it came from this creator :oops:

2. Usually, when there's pointswings of over 100 pts, its usually Yrden, or an Aglais / Dagur (or them getting countered), yet in this video
there's 2 such (beautiful) pointswings without any of those cards envolved.
Dammit.. just now seeing this video (after 2 months), but I have to say this is the most original amazing video I have seen in a very long time. Caldwell has been there for a long time and people have tired to bamboozle with him with Mahakam Horn where people accidentally get bamboozled.. but this one is at a different level. My respect for him has increased 10 folds after watching this.
Post automatically merged:

Another creator i already mentioned here before but he's still "growing his channel" is Korathi Heatwave. His playstyle is a lot different from mine, i get the feeling he doesnt give a ... crap, which makes it quite entertaining. And also, quite short videos which is i do like.

I am already a fan of Korathi Heatwave.. haven't seen PlainTalkJon yet, but I will check his channel. Will see the other teams too. Please keep up this amazing activity DRK3.

Anyone knows what happen to Freddybabes ? He has not posted any videos. Is he still playing on twitch or now just enjoying his winning monies ?

Anyone knows what happen to Freddybabes ? He has not posted any videos. Is he still playing on twitch or now just enjoying his winning monies ?
There was a Junior Gameplay Designer job on the Career offers page and now it's gone. Maybe Freddy was hired by CDPR.

DRK3

Forum veteran
On the last month or so, PlainTalkJon is the creator i've watched the most, specially since MisterHabbla is slowing down on Gwent (hasnt posted in weeks, so i wouldnt be surprised if it was a full stop) and Fuchsia Briefs posts regularly but not as frequently as Jon.

Usuallly i dont have the patience to watch tutorial videos, but i didnt have much else to watch so i did see that one.

I am sharing it for several reasons:
A) i think its well done and will be helpful to new players, or even intermediate players who never learned deckbuilding
B) it motivates individual deckbuilding and experimentation, which is also my goal
C) a lot of deckbuilding tactics PlainTalkJon uses are the same as mine, and as a lazy guy, i feel like he did the job for me (although mine would be written) :shrug:

PS - focusing more on PlainTalkJon's personality (which is important in determining how many and what type of viewers you get), i do think he avoids the ends of the 'nice spectrum' - some creators are very respectful to the opponents and remain calm, others get angry and swear a lot - Jon is more in the middle, he's often sarcastic and confident, some could say condescending and arrogant... And i would be very hypocritical if i said i disliked it, considering it's exactly like how i behave when im playing Gwent too :oops:

Last edited:
Jon is more in the middle, he's often sarcastic and confident, some could say condescending and arrogant...
I would add here that he practically never gets tilted or salty, and absolutely never swears. A very positive person, all around, based on the at least dozens of hours I've watched his streams for.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I would add here that he practically never gets tilted or salty, and absolutely never swears. A very positive person, all around, based on the at least dozens of hours I've watched his streams for.
Oh, boy, he does. Try heatwaving his Vanadain and you'll see the anger surface. But Jon is a very positive and likeable guy, and everyone is entitled to a little tilt every now and again.

Try heatwaving his Vanadain and you'll see the anger surface.
Master Mirror is the one you are NOT allowed to kill under any circumstances because it's illegal in most countries.

I don't think he gets genuinely angry though. He's said multiple times that he's ever really tilted once (on stream), after losing the 5/5 game to get back to Pro five or six times in a row. Which I imagine would make anyone tilt.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I typically dont watch Specimen or any of the other most popular Gwent streamers/ youtubers.
And this thread is more to promote the small streamers, not the big ones who dont need the extra support...

But i have to share this video:

Great memes played by Speci (against another Parner).

The 1st one in particular was something i had in mind for a deck of the day thread, but never got to trying. I would've probably done a more balanced version, but the last turn on that game will probably go to Dandelion's Show!

The 2nd deck Speci's use is one of the best meme decks, but the version he uses is very interesting and might be better than the ones i've tried and seen.

The 3rd one is probably the least interesting, but still, gotta love that Cosimo finisher.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I found this creator a couple of days ago on youtube, have never heard about him/her before.
Started only a couple of weeks ago, has 10 videos as of right now.

There seems to be a strong emphasis on meme decks, which has caught my eye...
(To be honest, i've even suspected he was copying my decks for the 1st couple of videos ive seen, since they're based on strategies ive done decks or guides and shared here in the forum in the last couple of weeks)

This is an amazing deck 100% dedicated to seditious aristocrats (im jealous i didnt come up with it first...)

On the 1st match, you can see the insane synergy between an army of seditious aristocrats and a usurper finisher.

On the 2nd match, you can see how the spies you put with this deck can be used to clog and disrupt opponent, forcing him to discard cards.

On the 3rd match, on R1 you can see how even against control decks, with each successive sed. aristocrat you put, they get bigger and bigger on deploy making it harder to control.
And also how the imposter leader synergizes with this strategy (rowstacking the spies so the row is filled with status, to boost leader ability).
And on R3, the amazing synergy with Fercart.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Sad to see this thread got no traction in my absence.

Despite Gwent not being one of the most popular games out there, it still has a considerable community of active viewers on twitch and youtube. And i assumed there would be an overlap with active forum users but it doesnt seem to be the case :sad:

Please prove me wrong right here, and share your creator recommendations and opinions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year Trynet left Gwent. Then MisterHabbla, who was probably my most watched creator. Fucshia Briefs is probably my all time favourite, but also posted very little on the past 6 months, due to a busy private life, fair enough.

It has come to my attention that PlainTalkJon also left. This was a big blow to the game, from my view, as there aren't many creators dedicated to memes and original decks, most streamers from the top players to the ones starting out just use the same metatrash and thus, drive a major portion of the playerbase to do the same...
But i digress - PTJon, he was very ambitious and we shared the same hotspot of creating content as gwent partners (2nd half of 2021), but i would be lying if i said i didnt expect this outcome.

MisterHabbla returned this month, which was a nice surprise. BTW, i applaud his entertainment value but i cringe a lot at the atrocious plays he often makes, and still cant recommend him to new players who need to learn to play. And doesnt post regularly enough.

So, im left with very little choice... Certainly there must be some players out there trying different things?
On the past few days i searched a bit and found two veteran players i liked their style - QCento (on youtube) and Myamon (on twitch, japanese commentary).
I dont even care if its on a language i dont understand, throw me your best recommendations|

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Mosty I only see the MisterHabla's intro and if the deck seems interesting I will skim through the video. Currently QCento is the only content creator I watch somewhat regularly. He plays well and his decks are almost always non-meta and something unique/different. He even had a video with Prism Pendant (but never played that card even in one game in that video though). Yesterday he had a video with Call Of Harmony which is not a harmony deck at all. But it is still fresh to see his decks.

I tend to spend more of my Gwent time with streamers and content creators than playing. So much of my time is just too prone to interruptions for me to expect to finish a game at most times.

I must say, I am relatively dissatisfied with most twitch streamers — rarely do they offer insights into their play, and often they come across as immature and crude.

I still find Spyro by far the most instructive. But he is very inclined to only play top tier (meta decks). And I am finding him increasingly jaded toward the game. I strongly suspect that he no longer enjoys his streams — and I would not be shocked if he quit streaming Gwent.

I also really like Crozyr. He does play a mixture of meta and off meta decks — with a generally positive and patient attitude. I find his off-Gwent discussions the most interesting of those I have watched.

I still occasionally enjoy both Lionhart and Thea Beasty. I think both are good, insightful players, but I don’t learn much from them.

Shinmiri is a strong player — and one who is willing to experiment with weaker decks. He is also closer to my time zone (although my free time tends to be at odd hours like 4:00 AM). But he is an annoyingly slow player who questions and requestions every move. At first, his thought process was insightful, but to me it quickly degenerated to seeming indecisive rather than instructive.

A new streamer that is worth a look is The Salty Captain. He seems to use a variety of decks and explains his play choices well. His is really not my preferred style — somewhat insensitive, loud music, a bit bombastic — but what I don’t find appealing may be appreciated by others.

I did enjoy QCento, but I rarely find him on Twitch (I generally don’t YouTube).

None of the other streamers I have observed inspire me to recommend them.

Top Bottom