Gwent Content Creators

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
He even had a video with Prism Pendant (but never played that card even in one game in that video though). Yesterday he had a video with Call Of Harmony which is not a harmony deck at all. But it is still fresh to see his decks.
That prism pendant video was actually the last one i saw last night, and also found it disappointing because he doesnt actually play the damn card, which was the reason i clicked the video to begin with - im searching for gwent players using the new cards from the update.
But that card is probably the worst of the bunch, so its slightly understandable. Still, its false advertising.

And regarding MisterHabbla, one of the issues i've had with this new returnal is that since he spent so long away from the game and videos, he isnt particularly focused on highlighting the new cards, so he often does videos/decks that have been explored by others ages ago (i.e. today released a video on Archgriffin/leticia/ alumni... very 2021 :shrug: )

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Well i still think The only enjoyable streamers are spyro and specimen.

I like to watch shinmiri too, but as People said, He ask too much and play too slowly (but, in other hand, He explain his moves, so its good for New players, and even i being a veteran i learn some things with him).

I like to watch beasty, but I dont know, for me she is now "noob" (same for lionheart, but I dont watch his streamsl

Qcento i have a strange feeling about him. Here in brazil we have an exoression like this "take a crowd bus and want to sit in The window's chair". For me He is a New streamer Who wants to be a veteran. (i read now here in this topic He is veteran, so i dont know anymore)

I liked watching NikR streams, yes he plays meta decks, but newcomers can learn much from him. But I don’t know if he has time for playing the game (he’s from Kyiv and he also changed the streaming platform: he left twitch and streams on Trovo).

MisterHabbla’s return seems promising. I hope he needed these first videos for kinda accomplishment cuz he missed a lot of good stuff since he left and I hope he’ll find some new crazy ideas to share. He looks inspired playing the game, so maybe.

There’s also a very good veteran player - russian streamer P_star. He streams a lot (usually metadecks), but he also shares some really cool and unique decks on YouTube too (like 26 cards Enslave [6] deck which performed really well before the blightmakers nerf).

As for others Lionhart, Beasty are just nice guys but not that good in the game.
Spyro looks tired playing Gwent, imo he needs a break.
Fuchsia Brief’s new videos are always welcomed, but he’s busy quite often.
Cheddar Paul is also good and he plays non-meta usually.

I also hope someday Oceanmud and Trynet will return to Gwent. Watching them was relaxing and at the same time enjoyable and interesting.

Speci and QCento are the two that I still watch on you tube, unless the video is about NG or something else toxic, which it seems to be more often than I like.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Speci and QCento are the two that I still watch on you tube, unless the video is about NG or something else toxic, which it seems to be more often than I like.
Speci has way too many Mill decks (and other toxic decks) that I don't watch any of his videos. I have subscribed to him, but just ignore his videos. If he ever posts something from ST I will probably watch.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Speci has way too many Mill decks (and other toxic decks) that I don't watch any of his videos. I have subscribed to him, but just ignore his videos. If he ever posts something from ST I will probably watch.

Agreed, Speci now sits at the bottom of my list of Gwent creators for those reasons.

I don't care if he's nice or not - if he's very popular and has a major fanbase, thus has a big influence in the game itself, and uses it to foster the popularity of toxic decks, with an atittude (observable right from the get-go, in the video titles) that its not his fault, he's a poor innocent streamer who's just giving his viewers what they want...

Its despicable, and quite selfish, as it increases his own viewership but harms the health of the game, which is connected to the respect each player has for the general playerbase.

well i have to say i almost dont watch specimen videos on youtube, but he is doing mill videos? Well, i think PlainTalkJon was right, after all HAHAHAH

DRK3

Forum veteran
Unfortunately, i have to withdraw my recommendation to watch MisterHabbla, today's video was the tipping point.

Even if i put my personal attachments aside (while he regularly disses some of my favourite cards and tactics), there are still too many negatives:

- Constantly talks trash about meme cards (something he already did before his hiatus last year)... Seriously, if you hate the cards then go and find some others that you like. Personally, i stopped playing because of the players and the devs, not the cards.

- He's very unaware of the ideal plays, and often blames his luck or the cards for his misfortunes, when the fault actually lies with a mistake he made while playing or deckbuilding (i.e. in today's video complains about the "lack of consistency" of SK's discard package, when only uses Birna and Coral... I have plenty experience with those cards, and i like to include an heymaey skald too, so that R1 my chances to be able to do some discards are better or i can revive a skald after a bad mulligan R3)

- Fails to see the strengths and weaknesses of the decks, so not very instructive to those players trying to learn something from his videos.
Like assuming the deck he uses is bad because its based on old cards, not found in the current meta, but it actually ends up destroying some of the current top metadecks - in this video, his deck is focusing on carryover and widepoints and those metadecks have no way to deal with it, as they're only prepared to deal with what else is in the meta.

I know he does admit his shortcomings from time to time, but his videos have become more frustating than enjoyable, and i just wish the most popular meme player/ video creator did a better job at his thing... :giveup:

PS - the passionate fanbase he has is actually a downside to healthy debate, as they drown out any criticism with a torrent of praise and reverential comments, so Habbla doesnt have much reason to try and push himself harder to put out better content when he already has so much positive feedback.

Last edited:
I have to recommend this creator/pro player:

He's a written content creator, which is pretty rare to find in Gwent.
He has his own website where he posts his articles, which are very analytical (and rather extensive - you have been warned), and deserves the praise and attention, for how well thought his content is done (if only the devs cared as much about the game they're running... :giveup: )

Also, he seems to post regularly, and his subject matters tend to be original, but still relevant.

This creator, who i think its pretty new, deserves a shoutout:

He has two types of videos: very short clips of distintctive plays (around 1min) or several matches with a deck (around 20min).
Both are heavily edited, to cut out all the waiting times, which i have to praise.
There's also no video or audio comment from the player itself, its just gameplay footage.

There's a good mix of meme stuff and competitive stuff, and from what i've seen so far he's a competent player.

Lately there arent many popular gwent streamers / youtubers around, but that isnt necessarily a bad thing - i dont believe popularity is a sign of quality, and this is a good chance to give the smaller or newer creators some well deserved attention.

One i definitely want to highlight is Lids-Vids, for a particular reason: he's the only gwent video creator (ve found) that puts a lot of commitment into seasonal modes, which are unjustly neglected, but at least i am a big fan of several of those modes and loved to see another creator putting in the effort of creative deckbuilding for these specific modes.

This is a recent video, of the current seasonal mode, which i admit its one of my least played, and one i dont think ive ever published a deck for.
Even better because it stars one of my favourite cards of all time, that hasnt been popular for a VERY long time: She Troll.

Although I never play meta decks, I find that I really appreciated streamers who did — they helped me stay current on cards and combinations that were strong and popular, as well as on how to counter them. I have no desire to play competitively enough to encounter top pros myself, so I tend to encounter a mush-mash of decks and opponent strengths that prevent me from observing effective meta play in my own games.

Until he quit streaming Gwent, I didn’t realize how much I relied upon Spyro_za to get a perspective on top level play. The few streamers I have found whose quality of play I respect seem to focus on gimmick and meme decks that don’t really represent top level play. Does anyone have a suggestion? I would prefer a stream in English, but that’s not essential — I can learn from watching.

Although I never play meta decks, I find that I really appreciated streamers who did — they helped me stay current on cards and combinations that were strong and popular, as well as on how to counter them. I have no desire to play competitively enough to encounter top pros myself, so I tend to encounter a mush-mash of decks and opponent strengths that prevent me from observing effective meta play in my own games.

Until he quit streaming Gwent, I didn’t realize how much I relied upon Spyro_za to get a perspective on top level play. The few streamers I have found whose quality of play I respect seem to focus on gimmick and meme decks that don’t really represent top level play. Does anyone have a suggestion? I would prefer a stream in English, but that’s not essential — I can learn from watching.

As far as I know Shinmiri still streams Gwent (don’t know whether he plays meta or not though).

I don’t really know any of English speaking streamers who still plays, I like watching p_star79 (but he streams in Russian and mixes Gwent with Elden Ring for a couple of months already). He always plays meta decks (or meta derivatives) counter-meta decks.
He also hosts Gwent tournaments (next stage of it will be in April if I’m not mistaken).

Gwent has fallen a lot in terms of content creation (rn I cannot even find anyone streaming it). Hope others can recommend something too

As far as I know Shinmiri still streams Gwent (don’t know whether he plays meta or not though).

I don’t really know any of English speaking streamers who still plays, I like watching p_star79 (but he streams in Russian and mixes Gwent with Elden Ring for a couple of months already). He always plays meta decks (or meta derivatives) counter-meta decks.
He also hosts Gwent tournaments (next stage of it will be in April if I’m not mistaken).

Gwent has fallen a lot in terms of content creation (rn I cannot even find anyone streaming it). Hope others can recommend something too
Shinmiri has become my favorite remaining streamer. He plays some meta, but a lot of meme decks. His analysis is often very good, but lacks the big picture concerns (like match-up strategy and analysis of his opponent) that I appreciated with Spyro. He is helpful in developing understanding of the decks he plays, but not so much of his opponent's decks. I don't get the same sense of the meta as I got from Spyro.

And honestly, the streaming time also impacts me. Spyro (in my time zone) regularly came on very early in the morning (4:00 AM) when I could peacefully watch while I prepared for my day. Shinmiri comes on about 1:00 PM, when I am usually either at work or very prone to distractions at home.

Reviving this thread for a couple of reasons:

- i think the level of play of content creators has decreased dramatically. This may not be the case for russian streamers, of which im not well familiarized with. But the english speaking streamers, there's barely any good player left. Shinmiri and Moshcraft, which i held in high consideration, have also disappointed me, although i heard Shinmiri has also been away from the game and been busy with other things, and Moshcraft might be close to getting burned out, which leads to him not caring as much and making some mistakes - in his defence, he is resisting way better than most that came before him.
I think Lionhart is the one that's been impressing me more lately, he used to be a good player, but now he's even better, which is a different trajectory for most players.

- the exception are the pro players. Especially the veterans, whenever Paja or Magpie stream, its a treat. Myamon is also amazing and the one pro player who streams more regularly. I would have expected that most would have left Gwent by now, but considering the monetary earns they can get, its understandable why they stick with it in this last official year, i would probably do the same if in the same position.

- on youtube its even worse than twitch, no YT decent creator is left.
I REALLY wanted to see a SK deck from the last card drop in action, but it was probably an archetype that didnt catch on, as players were using different SK things in the Gwent midseason qualifiers. I would LOVE if anyone could point me out to good videos of SK Kraken/ beasts + rain decks being used, as i havent found a single one.

Highly recommend watching the following video:

I love Bomblin, he is by far the most entertaining video creator in Gwent, for me at least. And he has the best accent.
He may do some mistakes regularly but his atittude is very inspiring. And those two matches really are insane.

On a sidenote about creators, i only wish Fuchsia Briefs returned to making videos, he was my all-time favourite. i see him every now and then on Gwent, but he hasnt posted anything this year... :sad:

I recommend reading Lerio's analysis of the update, if you dont mind reading and care about Gwent:

He has a summary, and 23-google doc with card by card analysis, only for the hardcore readers.
Its great to see someone else putting so much effort on writing content for Gwent, it puts the devs efforts to shame... :ohstopit:

Anyway, i agree with most of it, including some things ive also already said on these forums, even before the cards dropped.
Except when he underestimates constructs, Cyprian Wiley, and most of all, mutant killer! (doesnt he know there is a card called Salamander? :confused:)
And i also disagree on reaver scouts, i think the nerf was much needed, but yes, mutagenerator and temple were more urgent to nerf.

Look who's back, when i cried earlier this week about how all my favourite gwent video creators have left:

(In case someone's curious, My most watched (in number of videos) are MisterHabbla - FucshiaBriefs - TryNet123 - PlainTalkJon. I watched mostly on youtube, rarely on Twitch)

He posted 4 videos in 24h!
The 1st - the one i linked - is him explaining his plans, and playing a deck for each faction, BEFORE Heritage update.
The 2nd is a commentary on cards released in 'Claw and Dagger' and 'The Tide Rises'.
The 3nd and 4th i havent seen but look like his classic style, but shorter.

Top Bottom