Gwent Deck - is this a breach of copyright?

+
Gwent Deck - is this a breach of copyright?

Hi all,

If I have a copy of the pictures of the Gwent cards, and manage to find a company to print these for me - am I breaching copyright?

The purpose of the cards is to use to play, not to sell....but I wanted to check. Would I or the company printing these be in breach of copyright?

Next question: When is CDPR going to release the decks for sale? :p (See what I did there?)

Would much prefer to chuck some money at CDPR instead, but I can't see any reports of this coming out in the future......

Would much prefer to chuck some money at CDPR instead, but I can't see any reports of this coming out in the future......

Good news for you. Here you go
http://www.amazon.com/The-Witcher-Collectors-Edition-Version/dp/B00XWE63HU

Two decks? I want all four decks and all the neutral cards :p

I've seen all of the ones for sale on the net (usually from the xbox package) - way overpriced.....

Waiting on some feedback from local print companies....

Cheers,

HI all,

Just wanted to keep this one bumped for the time being as I would like some feedback from mods or CDPR.....mainly if there will be any hope of a Gwent game hitting the stores sometime this year (2015)..... ?

Also, I would like clarity on the intellectual copyright issue.....i.e. If I pay a company $x to print off all decks for me (I'm busy making my own board), so me and the wife can enjoy a game of Gwent (she also loves the game)......

Regards to all,

I can assure you that this is completely okay. You want to use the cards for yourself and don't want to make profit with them. If you would
try to sell the cards, then it would be copyright infringement. But personal usage is fine.

Awesome thanks....time to get my woodworking tools out and get cracking with the board :) \o/

Any answer to my first question too? i.e. Will cdpr mass produce and sell Gwent in the future?

Thanks again!

Awesome thanks....time to get my woodworking tools out and get cracking with the board :) \o/

Any answer to my first question too? i.e. Will cdpr mass produce and sell Gwent in the future?

Thanks again!

I think Gwent works best digitally. Why? Cause there's a lot of numbers to keep track on when you start adding double-cards, plus one cards and the weather-cards combined with those. Not saying its impossible at all, just that it a lot of work.

No probe Wolven...planning putting in a three-dial number roller for each player on the board....Not too bothered about the numbers, yet I do agree with you that it is much more easily managed digitally....
Might add an element into the game when people can't add up correctly :)

Will see how it goes :p

I think Gwent works best digitally. Why? Cause there's a lot of numbers to keep track on when you start adding double-cards, plus one cards and the weather-cards combined with those. Not saying its impossible at all, just that it a lot of work.

Meh people get by with Magic and all those games like that, you might play the game a little slower than PC but loads of card games and some board games use just as many numbers. The very least you could get or make something similar to the Magic health counter cards for each row.

Meh people get by with Magic and all those games like that, you might play the game a little slower than PC but loads of card games and some board games use just as many numbers. The very least you could get or make something similar to the Magic health counter cards for each row.
I play chess, but I gotta say it its gonna take some time when using monsters.. just think about all those numbers you gotta keep track on when the weather cards combined with double or plus one. The way I play gwent I do it fast.. really fast. Thats impossible in real life.

That's true Wolven, yet I'll only be playing a few slow games with my wife and a couple of friends who also like The Witcher 3....So, speed of game is a moot point for this.

I was also thinking that it would be quite easy to solve to make it digital, and that would be to make the board with some electronics in it, and each card to be chipped, but personal cost aside, I'll stick with the maths in my head for now :)

One question I do have and that is about the monster deck.....for example, when a player plays one of the muster cards from his/her deck, the digital game makes it quite fast to drag out the remainder of that muster group....this may get to be a pain, but part of the joy to combat with this will be the physical aspect of it - searching through the deck for the right cards etc....Either way, I'll still be sharing The Witcher 3 genius with friends and family.... :)

I won't know until I try anyway....and I'll let you know how it all goes (will be a month or two though before the company gets the decks out to me)...still awaiting on the first 5 cards for a "quality" check on them....

Visited a store in my home town this morning (UK based) to see the quality of cards they can print out....quality is awesome, but they are unable to create a proper card deck with correct corners/laminate/finishers etc.....So, I'm now waiting for a US company to send me their first 5 cards to check for quality.....

Image taken this morning of the cards I (loosely) cut out from the printed sheet: http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/drago113/IMG_0561_zpsg97zxws0.jpg

Top Bottom