Gwent declared open war to hearthstone? Or its goin' to be sold to blizzard?

+
I have played Hearthstone (HS) from its very beginning -though not beta- and i can say with utmost sincerity that Gwent is so much better.

Saying Gwent is better than HS, is like saying "you look better than a Crone" or "you're a better father than the Bloody Baron".

It all depends on what you compare Gwent Homecoming to.

Maybe it was in reverse than i previously assumed: it was blizzard who decided to hit in gwent by announcing big update exactly 10th of december - date corelating with gwent's announced update. And release by CD-PR the new patch one day ealier than it was announced (effectively 9th of december instalacji 10th) , and everything about update keep'ed in secret without any marketing (unlike all previous updates with new sets of cards) could be just a inforced defensive strategy by devs in response to blizzard's direct assalut on gwent

Last edited:
Maybe it was in reverse than i previously assumed: it was blizzard who decided to hit in gwent by announcing big update exactly 10th of december - date corelating with gwent's announced update. And release by CD-PR the new patch one day ealier than it was announced (effectively 9th of december instalacji 10th) , and everything about update keep'ed in secret without any marketing (unlike all previous updates with new sets of cards) could be just a inforced defensive strategy by devs in response to blizzard's direct assalut on gwent

How would it be beneficial to remain silent and not advertise a product? In that case that option would help the competition.

As mentioned before the update came out earlier for an issue with Apple.

Additionally, Blizz makes its HS updates on Tuesdays and usually after the 6th of the month where the expansion will take place.
We had Tuesday 3, 10 and 17, 10 was the best option.

I don't think they're looking at Gwent from HS a lot, right now they are with 56k of viewers on Twitch, Gwent 1k. They should not be considered competent at this time.

They said they wanted to surprise the community (and certainly succeeded), try something different -- and indeed before the holidays. That's a perfectly valid explanation.

Maybe for You it is a valid explanation - for me it is not. In public trade company You can't just do something because You want to - everything You do have to make best economical sense in the sake of sheareholders; so if CDPR decided to secretly release of big update with no marketing at all, they had to have economical reason or reasonable strategy for that, not a Christmas suprise. That is why I am loudly thinking about real possible reasons behind it

Last edited:
if CDPR decided to secretly release of big update with no marketing at all, they had to have economical reason or reasonable strategy for that, not a Christmas suprise. That is why I am loudly thinking about real possible reasons behind it

Well, the explanation is clearly a pretty fairy tale.

Focusing only on the issue of lack of publicity, possibly due to lack of content in time.
The first thing is to think about the base marketing or "payment", the company would not have problems in that.

Then we go to the part that is currently trending in the card games that is the revelations of the community, that is clearly much more efficient than throwing a ninja update only 24 hours before the established date, is that if you were surprised you did not have too much Time to get excited.

In this last section we have a content issue, they must have the cards so that people can show them, what I think is that they simply did not have them all until the delivery date was advanced, so it was difficult to make an efficient revelation routine.
Recall that previous expansions came out with "coming soon" in some aspects and with certain cards with a very low quality compared to their standard for the game. Both things were overcome in this latest version, which may not mean that they did not take until the last day available to polish the details.

Without any of the normal forms of promotion something had to be done and they advanced it 24 hours (Not to mention the negative of the coincidence in days of updating with HS).

Of course, their version may be true, who knows, perhaps they genuinely came up with the idea that the worst way to promote an expansion was a good thing(At this point I don't think it's important, just to digress a little :p ).

Last edited:
Have you looked into who actually own CDP shares? Familiar names... https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/shareholders/

Not a valid argument when it comes to CDPR.

? I respect That You are professional full time forum moderator, and You don't have to know how the public trade company or stock exchange works - but if You decide to discuss in these matter, and even You send link to CDPR sheareholders , than at last find out what these 66% of "free float stocks" means in link That You send

Top Bottom