Gwent Experiences

+
Gwent Experiences

During my first playthrough, I completely ignored Gwent. Didn't really think I'd missed out on much, but after a speedy run, I deleted my save file and started up again. The second playthrough I decided to go ahead and give it a try, and ever since, the first thing I did whenever I got into a new area is go ahead and challenge every new Gwent opponent I could find =).. I.. LOVE.. GWENT.

Now already on my third playthrough, post patch 1.10, higher difficulty and also hardest level on he Gwent difficulty option. And my, my... it has really shaken things up quite a bit! Whilst previously I basically destroyed every player first try, perhaps some of the Playing Gwent or High Stakes opponents excluded, now that's not true anymore. Some Merchants, Blacksmiths, etc have more Hero Cards than even I do at this particular point, and they're dropping them incessantly :)..

Especially the Blacksmith in Oxenfurt and more so the Blacksmith in Larvik... They gave me a run for the money. The latter, I think I might've had to play him 8 times before I finally beat him. His Niflgaardian deck was an absolute challenge because of the high amount of Spy-Dummy-Revival cards.

Being my most memorable match up to this day, I went Nilfgaard VS Nilfgaard. I'll try and upload a screenshot from my final winning game at the inception of the match, after the initial part where all of the Spy and Dummy Cards were played, and thus the real match could begin. Given all of the Revival cards (Yennefer, Coehoorn, Archers,..) it was quite the lengthy match, but I finally prevailed, I think just by a hair. I loved it.

Anyway, I really like the option of making Gwent harder, I needed that challenge, and now every encounter is a new experience.

Have you ever experienced a particularly engaging or gruesome Gwent match? Share it here! (Because I didn't find a similar thread anywhere else ^^)

Now already on my third playthrough, post patch 1.10, higher difficulty and also hardest level on he Gwent difficulty option. And my, my... it has really shaken things up quite a bit!

I haven't tried it jet, but in a minute I will! It is absolutely fantastic if you truly can turn Gwent harder. There hasn't been any challenge after the tournament. Random players were way too easy when you have collected all cards, where's the fun in that? If this truly works, I might be playing Gwent for whole night :D

Hi Sunsibar,

I really noticed a big change from previous playthroughs, where even with a fairly poorly built out deck or an "unlucky draw" of cards I'd still steam-roll basically every opponent.
This time around I've had some pretty challenging encounter, especially random players! The Gwent Challenges such as "Old pals" etc actually haven't changed that much. Guess that might have something to do with their being somewhat scripted, maybe not in the exact sense of the word, but you know what I mean ;)..

Next step for me, make a makeshift physical version of the card game to play (and annoy) my friends with :D:D:D (strictly personal use, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO CDPR OF COURSE!!! :))

I still win every game after I turned it hard :( I have supernatural deck? Or am I just that good? :D We need Death March Gwent!

Maybe there still will be tougher opponents. Haven't tried those Oxenfurt and Larvik blacksmiths yet, just ordinary merchants.

I played Hearts Of Stone with default Geralt and items, 'cause my NG+ was ruined at that time when HoS came out. THAT is what I called a challenge (or mission impossible).
I had only Northern Realms (nearly)starter deck and I didn't bother to get the rest of the cards, ' cause my Gwent focus was in NG+. After I got my ass kicked many, MANY times, I finally bought Commanders Horn and clear weather Foltest. It was still impossible to win most opponents :D

Now I'm back to my NG+ again and waiting to get my hands on those HoS quest and Gwent games again. I'm NOT going to wear those ass ears two times in a row :D As funny as they were...

Oh! There IS a challenge! I just got lucky with that other day. Now I didn't get such good draws at start and I lost many games. This is great! :) Hmmm... not the losing part but the challenge! :D

Top Bottom