GWENT Faction and Set Identifiers on Cards

+
GWENT Faction and Set Identifiers on Cards

Decent chance this is already being internally discussed but in case not -- it might be beneficial to visually indicate on each card information about what faction it belongs to as well as what set it premiered and maybe even rarity? Currently, there is almost no information on the cards themselves, which is visually important to maximizing the premium versions of cards (and I like the simplicity of the look, too). But, it will be a little annoying to many players when opening packs not knowing where the card belongs; not to mention sorting cards in deck builder, etc. It's already awkward to browse the database right now without filters and know what is available to what (I use the images filtering most often).

My small suggestion would be make use of the bar on the left side of the card, the little colored sliver, not the diamonds (or more diamonds) to maybe indicate faction (via a design or color shift partway down). Set identification and rarity are probably less of a concern in terms of raw gameplay/deckbuilding, but it would also be nice to know more when looking at a card (or showing new players). Just a thought.

Last edited:
Yeah I've lately thought about it, too. There must be clearly some information about belonging to a faction, simply because there are lots of neutral cards, and if you will for example see Tris being played on your opponent side, you don't know if she could fit your faction, too.

We can already see that there is a certain color and symbol for each faction. And for me cdp can implement small symbol somewhere or put faction color. Anyway, since the card art covers 90% space, it's not a good idea with the colors, so small symbol on the left side would do the work for sure :)

Top Bottom