Gwent: Fan Ideas

+
Gwent: Fan Ideas

Feel free to post all the ideas you have for the Gwent game into this thread! May it serve the devs as an inspiration! : )

Okay here are some of mine!

Different Battlefields:

Instead of the same Gwent board, there could be different battlefields based on locations from the Witcher world that would be chosen randomly at the start of each game.

There would be locations that would give an optional perk to the factions, such as Skellige Islands would give some sort of boost to you if you play Skellige deck but if you decide to use the boost, it comes with some sort of disadvantage to make the match balanced.

Or, just like the spy cards, you have 2 boosts but you cannot see any of them, so you randomly choose one and the other one is given to your opponent.

A bit of a gamble but that's what makes the game more unpredictable!

Or for example, in Touissant battlefield, you cannot use the frost card because it's always sunny : )

Then there would be neutral locations.

Lore abilities:

Those would be hard to implement to make the game balanced so this is more of a fun idea : )

But basically, you would have abilities that would reference what happened in the Witcher games and maybe books.

Such as:

1.) Adda and Radovid - Radenian lore combo.

Adda card (Northern Realms), if Radovid card is not used (or his leader ability if he is optional leader for Northern Realms), after 4 turns, Adda turns into Striga and destroys 3 random cards from either your or your opponent's battlefield.

After that, each turn, Adda: The Striga will be destroying one of your cards : )

The only way to kill her is for either you or your opponent to play a wicher card (Geralt, Lambert, Eskel, Vesemir, Letho).

If Radovid is used (enters the battlefield or his leader ability is used) before the time runs out, she turns into Adda: Queen of Radenia and gives boost to all Radenian themed units.

2.) Power of the Lodge

The more lodge sorceresses there are on the board, the stronger they become.

Does not work on the Loc Muinne battlefield : ) Or has the opposite effect - they become weaker : D

Also does not work if Shilard card is on the board.

This would be hard to implement because it would put Norhtern Realms at an advantage since most sorceresses are from that deck.

Neutral: Yeneffer, Triss.

Northern Realms: Philippa, Sile, Rita, Keira, Sabrina.

Scoiatael: Francesca (leader), Ida.

Nilfgaard: Assire, Fringilla.

Skellige: None.

Don't know how I would balance this one since Skellige does not have any faction specific member of the Lodge.

3.) Philippa's mind control

If your Scoiatael opponent has Saskia on the board and you play Philippa, Saskia card goes to your hand and you can either play her as the dragon Sassanthesis destroying opponent cards or as Saskia: Queen of Upper Aedirn and 3 random non-humans from your opponent's board switch to your side.

Okay those are just few examples of things that came to mind : )

Let me know your ideas and what you'd like to see in the game!

Spy Card Usage

Hi guys on forum & CDPR!

I love your games and especially Witcher 2 & Witcher 3! Now, I'm so excited for Gwent, I can't wait!

I have an idea with one part of the UI of Gwent: When you use a spy, please make sure we can see what cards we have on hand (so to speak). Now we can't! For instance, let's say I use a Spy card and the card facing up is a Tight Bond card, I want to be able to see if I have any more on hand.

Check out this screen from a game on Youtube to see what I mean:
View attachment 54431

What do you other guys think?

Attachments

• spy_gwent.jpg
    spy_gwent.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 189
If I may make a suggestion, one thing I would like to see is the ability to change a bunch of rulesets for anything that is not a ranked game. For example things like hand size, timer, ability to draw more cards or not, turn off effects or heroes or whatever part you can think of that might be deemed uneeded, basically as many rules as you can think of to make new ways to play Gwent. Another idea if this is implemented is to do somethin like overwatch and use this ruleset to make offcial weekly duel types.

A small idea I had in giving Spies a different take is make a unique spy card (perhaps a rare Hero Spy) that gives you only one card without a choice of two but also has the ability to let you look at one random card in the opponent's hands in a manner similar to the Nilfgaard faction's second leader ability from the TW3 (which lets you look at three).

Maybe that could be a card for the NG faction perhaps, what do you think?

It'd be interesting to see a card type added that completely nullify a unit without destroying it.

For example a Magic Barrier or something similar to the trap Ermion set that made Geralt hallucinate.

This could have an effect where it would 0 a specified unit's attack regardless of it being a hero or non hero unit.
This effect could be removed automatically after several turns or have another card remove it.

Another one that could be interesting is a card that Enrages a unit. Making it more powerful but at the cost of destroying everything else on that row.
This would be in a way similar to what Regis was like when he tortures himself for Geralt in Blood and Wine. Again this effect could reduce over a duration of time. I.e. Lose 1 Attack each turn until it gets back to its former strength.

It'd also be interesting to see some of the DLC Characters make an appearance.

Man of Glass, Olgierd, Regis, Detlaff, Unseen Elders, Shani etc

Last edited:
How about offering seasonal mode when playing with friends? I am not a programmer, this is probably a ridiculous idea, but I think it would be cool to be able to play seasonal modes with your friends.

Top Bottom