See picture below.

Attachments

• photo184551.png
    photo184551.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 215
Mitochondrium;n9952571 said:
GOG Galaxy version 1.2.31

See picture below.

Not even that. Now Avast kills GoG Client too and moves it to virus chest for me as both of you have mentioned.

Had to make exclusions for Avast under Settings

C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\*
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\*

First one so Avest doesnt touch Client exe file, and second one for GoG updater.

I had a similar problem with Avast; it was preventing me from launching the Windows Store version of Gwent. Removing and then reinstalling Avast fixed the issue.
(I couldn't figure out a way to add an exception for that particular app, so tried a more "brute force" solution.)

There is something not right with the new GOG version. I also use Avast and it's never done it before so I suggest the devs of GOG investigate.
Program name: GOG Galaxy
Verified publisher: GOG Sp. z o.o. (in bold)

Fairly sure the verified publisher name has changed.

Last edited:
I mean, fair point about false positives, however this is something pretty new to me, and I have never had this problem before, I can add an exception / reinstall the antivirus, sure, but I really dont think this is the case at this point, since I did already a few updates without any issues, with the same configuration. It does seem like they have overlooked something that is causing that to happen, and I want to avoid using exception in the antivirus to fix this :) I sent a ticket to avast, I will wait for their reply and post it here.

It still doesn't explain why the trouble started in the first place. We don't like companies sneaking unwanted software into updates.

Tell us why this happened. Simply saying a "new certificate" caused the error is not enough. We all know how dodgy the internet is.

I use Norton and it doesn't give me any trouble at all with GOG. So really I doubt there's more to it.

Completely messed up my install of gwent and GOG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure, as well, that the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). (Alternatively, nowhere under your actual User Account [like on the Desktop]). These are all protected directories that can cause numerous issues with programs (especially those that are not WHQL signed).

Ensure the game installation folders and any save / config folders in Documents have their Permissions set to "Everyone".

And always run games by setting the actual .EXE to "Run as administrator".

(Funny that Avast! would be flagging it as a false positive. That's one of the least intrusive anti-virus programs!)

Gwent recognized as malware by AVG

I don't know if I should post this, but just letting the devs know that Gwent was thought to be a malware by AVG.
Gwent was recognized as malware by AVG and got quarantined right after I was exiting the game.
I made an exception for it and now it works fine.

The devs should look into this or report to AVG so they can make an exception so other players don't experience this.

Avast did the same; gwent.exe was quarantined as a "virus", multiple times.
False positives have been a thing in the past as well, although with Galaxy rather than the game itself; no anti-virus software is perfect.

You could always contact support, and/or AVG themselves.

Hey Everyone. I was using multiple Anitivirus software in the past, and I can only tell that Bitdefender and Kaspersky are one of the best. I would even for you own security suggest to get a Bitdefender Pro version for a year. You will be amazed to see how the difference are between Avast Free and paid top product like Bitdefender. All of course depends from you if you want have more control about security on your machine.

Top Bottom