Gwent - Gaming With Elves, Nilfgaardians & Things

+

Gwent - Gaming With Elves, Nilfgaardians & Things

• Yes, I enjoy resting in a medieval setting, keep it authentic for Wiedźmin, knaves & fools, please.

Votes: 138 82.1%
  • No, I want all the bells & whistles of a modern cardgame, Witcher: The Huntering, please.

Votes: 20 11.9%
  • Don't Care, not in the books - won't be touching your damn cards anyway, boooos, hisssses.

Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters
It looks to me like one of those kids card games that involves collecting various cards. Never interested me at the least. I was hoping it would be a game of brains and not luck like dice poker or a collection game. I really liked that board game in Assassins Creed 3. It was a great mini game. Can't remember the name but it was really great board game. I was hoping for something like that. Still, I hope for what it is, its well made. You can't have it all your way, can you.

It looks to me like one of those kids card games that involves collecting various cards. Never interested me at the least. I was hoping it would be a game of brains and not luck like dice poker or a collection game. I really liked that board game in Assassins Creed 3. It was a great mini game. Can't remember the name but it was really great board game. I was hoping for something like that. Still, I hope for what it is, its well made. You can't have it all your way, can you.

If the first post and another post in this thread talking about the card game itself is anything to go by, it looks complex enough to be more then a children's card game. Even if not at least it's better then Geralt playing card games on motorcycles horseback.

Gwent looks simple but is actually quite involved

After watching AngryJoe's 45 min video on The Witcher Wild Hunt, and specifically him playing Gwent for the first time with an NPC, i realised that despite its obvious and simple look, its actually very complicated, complex and involved.

You think that you can just throw down a high card thinking its an instant win, only to have your opponent use a power card to neuter it completely, wasting your card. And not only that, you have 2-3 rounds to use your hand in, so ''blowing your load'' in the first round will guarantee a defeat in the second or third round.

Makes me want the physical deck of cards in the XB1 CE version despite my getting the CE for my PC.

EDIT - And no i cant link the video or the mods will merge-kill this thread. Just Youtube search for it.

I think a mod will see it and eventually merge your initial post with another thread anyway. No need for deletion or reporting. ;)

And the end result being, the necro of an old thread. This is why you dont bother creating a thread on this forum. Have the slightest, tiniest link to the same topic and BOOM merge-killed.

There are replies in this thread that are from like a week ago. How is that necroing?

Your thread didn't offer anything new or interesting that warranted it being its own thread. This thread is for discussing Gwent, threads with a similar scope get merged into it. Pretty standard.

PC-Gwent has nothing in common with its book's original. Gwent mostly recalls preference in the book series. Unfortunately, it has been reduced to a frivolous cards in The Witcher 3.

There are replies in this thread that are from like a week ago. How is that necroing?

Your thread didn't offer anything new or interesting that warranted it being its own thread. This thread is for discussing Gwent, threads with a similar scope get merged into it. Pretty standard.

I disagree. But i am not a moderator so my opinion means nothing.

I love card games in games. I played hours of RDR poker and even Watch Dogs.

Gwent looks really good. I cant wait to pour hours playing it and collecting cards. I am definitely going to be participating in the tournament.

I hope they add an online gwent to the game later with DLC. I dont mind if I have to pay for it.

Glancing at the poll results, I'm rather curious, now, how Gwent will go over with players, when the cards are out on the table, as it were. We've had some negative opinions, here, but who knows?

Glancing at the poll results, I'm rather curious, now, how Gwent will go over with players, when the cards are out on the table, as it were. We've had some negative opinions, here, but who knows?

I think most people who get the game will love it. At the end of the day 134 people have voted and only 8 of them have said they won't touch the thing. Most of the rest are "Only" saying they'd prefer more authentic cards.

Most of the rest are "Only" saying they'd prefer more authentic cards.

Well, I voted yes way back in the day, don't want to delete it because its still my correct answer for this poll - which is not itself a gauge of peoples contentment with the finished Gwent, but in actuality it looks like "I won't touch the thing" until its graphics can be downgraded ! Yep you heard me. ;)

Feel like I must reiterate this isn't obstinacy its simply the result of a calculation whether too many anachronisms presented by gwent will shatter the mood.

I bet not before the game be released. No doubt the Gwent's rules are in the game but....

Yup, a plenty of them. Search in Gopher's videos, or Angryjoe's. Summimg up, you have maybe 10 cards, with various strenght and special cards, like rain. You, and a second player use your cards, creating an army. And the stronger one wins. But you must take into consideration the fact, that each rund you have only one extra card. So, if you use almost all of them in first rund, in the second and the third one your oponent will win probably, because he left some cards to play with, unlike you. Also, I have seen that normal cards also have special abilities, for example Nilfgaardian rider has 2 points of strength, but if you have another Nilfgardian rider, they will have 4 points of strength each. Cards represent many characters which was met before in games or books, they are also colectable, so you may embark on an epic quest on looting everything to find redanian foot spearman, 1 point of strength.

Top Bottom