GWENT; General Discussions

+
GWENT; General Discussions

Thought there should be a thread to discuss GWENT in general now that it's official.

So, what are your thoughts?

Feeling a bit betrayed that the game is coming to xbox one before coming to ps4...very shitty if you ask me...

I don't see the reason for complaining about the Ps4 part when the Ps4 release is on Sonys part not CD project Red. (and in the FAQ they do say that the game will release also on Ps4)

As for how the game looks and feels, I'm glad they made some changes and I can't wait to get my hands on some gameplay. Keep up the good work and good luck with everything! Hoping for an invitation ...

I don't see the reason for complaining about the Ps4 part when the Ps4 release is on Sonys part not CD project Red.

I think they most likely have a timed exclusivity deal with microsoft, so it is on them. it wouldn't be the first time, ms and cdpr seem to have a good relationship.

My thoughts are that we need own Gwent section to side with Community, Witcher and Cyberpunk. It would be nice since this Gwent forum already looks different than others.

And what would be SUPER nice, if the newest posts box could show us all newest posts under every forum. I really, really miss latest Hairy Bear updates when I'm browsing Witcher forums :( Maybe there could be some filter in that box if you don't want to see everything? Please? Pretty please?

Edit: Now this forum is hidden so well, that even I can't find this properly and I know that this exists :D

Edit edit: Aaaaaand some hours later that own Gwent forum is here! That was quick :D

Last edited:
Any idea what Nilfgaard was removed? I heard someone say for balance - but if they're changing the game mechanics couldn't they just rebalance around that? Nilfgaard was my favourite deck. :(

Any idea what Nilfgaard was removed? I heard someone say for balance - but if they're changing the game mechanics couldn't they just rebalance around that? Nilfgaard was my favourite deck. :(

I think I saw somewhere someone say that it becomes available later.

I think I saw somewhere someone say that it becomes available later.

Oh really? That's awesome! Definitely my favourite to play and favourite deck aesthetically. :p

Sorry if I missed this actually but has anything been revealed about how they're going about card collection? Do we unlock a base few through single-player games, then get additional ones through purchases and playing online or something?

It'd be a missed opportunity if they don't add that deck in. :( Still though it begs the question why it's not being included with the current 4 to start with - would have made more sense to add Skellige later I'd have thought.

Don't worry :
It will be available later!

My only possible gripe with this game is that the card design would make an offline version extremely difficult to play.
Other than that, this thing is already set up to look fantastic, and I really do hope this goes well!

Man I am truly excited about this, Ever since first playing witcher 3 I wanted to see gwent have its own game. I feel if done right this could be the next big thing even rivaling hearthstone, I know CD Projekt Red sees this potential too and will put in the necessary effort to make this game match my expectations they always do!

Last edited:
My thoughts are that 1) Giving preferential treatment to one console over the other isn't really in keeping with what CDPR has done in the past, and I disapprove. 2) Micro-transactions are never good. Period. And I'm hoping to god that CDPR does not plan to start implementing them in all of their games. 3) I generally dislike free-to-play titles and would have preferred a premium version where you just pay the $50-60 up front and call it a day.

Everything that I have heard thus far - console exclusives and favoritism, micro-transactions, FTP - seems at odds with CDPR's corporate philosophy thus far, and I don't understand the departure.

Most people on here don't seem to have an issue with any of the above, but it's worth bearing in mind that these sorts of practices typically start with a trickle, and end in a deluge.

My only possible gripe with this game is that the card design would make an offline version extremely difficult to play.
Other than that, this thing is already set up to look fantastic, and I really do hope this goes well!

What is the relation between card design and conectivity?

Isn't the XBox One deal just for the Beta, or did I miss something?

yes, it is, that's why they are doing it. I'm sure they wouldn't do exclusivity for an actual release. much like how their last deal with ms only extended to things not affecting the actual game.

Top Bottom