Gwent hero cards with special abilities

+
Gwent hero cards with special abilities

Hi!!

Just new to the Witcher 3 and I really enjoyed GWENT as everybody else :)

My question is... do hero cards have special abilities? If not, WHY NOT!?!? It would be awesome to play a "Geralt" and use IGNI to scorch one card of X row or Y ammount of points... or something like that!

I know for sure Yen is Hero (7) with medic ability. This rarely happens however. Most heroes are plain (10)s and Ciri is (15).

Hi!!

My question is... do hero cards have special abilities? If not, WHY NOT!?!? It would be awesome to play a "Geralt" and use IGNI to scorch one card of X row or Y ammount of points... or something like that!

To the best of my knowledge, only medic (Yen) or Spy (some Nilfgaard dude) have special abilities. I haven't seen any others but I haven't completed 'Collect them all​' yet.

Hi!!

I feel u bro, but the only special ability of most hero's cards is their immunity to battle effects like weather or scorch. It's still not bad but let's be honest: the only really useful hero's cards are Yen (medic ability), Mysterious Elf (spy with zero life points) and Geralt with Ciri (high level of life points). In most cases it's better to use the normal cards whose can work with horn, weather (it's a useful card even on enemy's hand), medic, bond and others.

---------- Updated at 05:54 PM ----------

To the best of my knowledge, only medic (Yen) or Spy (some Nilfgaard dude) have special abilities. I haven't seen any others but I haven't completed 'Collect them all​' yet.

There is also the Kejran and Isengrim (I dont' remember how to write their names in english) with a moral boost. They're not really useful IMO. (Yes, i have collected all unique cards in the game.)

Only a few of them have special abilities:

* Kayran from the monster deck gives +1 to all the cards of the row.
* There is an Aen Seidhe warrior(Isengrim like said above) that also has the same morale effect for the Scoia'tael deck.
* Dandelion is a hero and duplicates the strenght of all the cards of the row.

EDIT:
Just looked at the cards in my game and there is also a Nilfgaard hero that has the medic ability: Menno Coehoorn.

Last edited:
Poor Triss is the most disappointing Gwent card... only 7 strenght, no special abilities.
She would really deserve something better given how awesome she is in "reality" (don't want to spoiler lategame events, but the girl has the firepower of a B-52 bomber! Some other guys with better cards look very pale in comparison... "look, we dug some holes! Aren't we awesome?")

Leave it to the modders, my man! Look no further than this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/221/?

This mod not only re-balances the Gwent decks to make sure each one is a viable option to use (instead of Northern Realms being the obvious way OP one), but also adds SOOOOO much strategy and fun to the game by giving powers to heroes. Plus it unlocks some unused artwork!

Top Bottom