Gwent - idea for new contracts

+

Guest 4157120

Hi,

since Iron Judgment we didn't get that many contracts so I would like to share some of my ideas of what could be added in the future:

x - means any number.

General:
  • Play Defender Unit x times.
  • Play neutral Strategems x times.
  • Play faction Strategems x times.
  • Play Scenario card x times.
  • Trigger Scenario card x times.
  • Give a unit x Armor.
  • Damage a unit with Armor x times.
  • Play a unit with Exposed status x times.
  • Play a unit with Barricade status x times.
  • Play Bandit card x times.
  • Trigger Resupply x times.
  • Trigger Crew x times.
  • Play Alchemy card x times.
  • Lock a unit x times.
Collection:
  • Collect all standard cards for Crimson Curse expansion
  • Collect all premium cards for Crimson Curse expansion
  • Collect all standard cards for Iron Judgment expansion
  • Collect all premium cards for Iron Judgment expansion
  • Collect all standard cards for Merchants of Ofir expansion
  • Collect all premium cards for Merchants of Ofir expansion
Arena:
  • Create an arena deck consisting only of Iron Judgment cards.
  • Create an arena deck consisting only of Merchants of Ofir cards.
Yes this will be only achievable during Special Arena mode like we had one with Crimson Curse expansion.

Seasonal:
  • Win x seasonal matches during Season of Wolf | Love | Bear | Elves | Viper | Magic | Griffin | Draconid | Dryad | Cat | Mahakam | Wild Hunt
We only have contracts for ranked games and sometimes I am playing more Seasonal mode than ranked in that season and I would really like to see some kind contract for it as well.

Levels:

Right now I don't know what happens after reaching Prestige 11 but I hope that you will get infinity prestige level so you will at least get RP for leveling up.

Also I think that CDPR could add some kind of infinity milestone for some contracts. e.g. If you will finish Open 1 000 kegs contract (3RP) you will get another milestone which would be: Open 1 000 kegs and you would get 5 RP as a reward. After you will finish this contract you will get it again with same reward (this would be infinity).
Also it would be cool to see small number of how many times did you complete that contract.

This "infinity contract" could be used for these type of contracts:
Order, Reveal, Destroy <n> non-human units, Assimilate, Vitality, Bleeding, Taunt, Damage your own units, Play <n> cards, Deathwish, Play <n> from your graveyard, Bonded, Deathblow, Purify, Berseker, Harmony, Shield, Poison, Coins, Tribute, Hoard, Bounty, Intimidate.

Infinite contracts would be lovely. I'd say "reward points per 100", though, in order to keep things from spiraling too crazy and to keep a steady flow for those trying to unlock things.

It could also be fun to be rewarded for completed contract sets. This should get a nice little bonus.
For example: complete all "100 times" contracts (ex: boost a unit 100 times, damage a unit 100 times).

More contract ideas:
  • Arena: Make a deck containing ALL factions
  • Play X rounds without triggering an effect (ex: no boosting, no damage, no poison, ect)
  • During a faction challenge: support the losing/weakest faction.
  • Play X rounds without using any special cards.
  • Play X faction specific special cards

Guest 4157120

Infinite contracts would be lovely. I'd say "reward points per 100", though, in order to keep things from spiraling too crazy and to keep a steady flow for those trying to unlock things.

It could also be fun to be rewarded for completed contract sets. This should get a nice little bonus.
For example: complete all "100 times" contracts (ex: boost a unit 100 times, damage a unit 100 times).

More contract ideas:
  • Arena: Make a deck containing ALL factions
  • Play X rounds without triggering an effect (ex: no boosting, no damage, no poison, ect)
  • During a faction challenge: support the losing/weakest faction.
  • Play X rounds without using any special cards.
  • Play X faction specific special cards

Sorry for late reply. Yeah I think that if Infinity contract would refresh every 100 (kegs etc.) it would be much better but RP reward would have to be lowered which would be perfectly fine.

Also thanks for adding more Arena contracts, I was struggling the most with that one :D

They didn't even give a daily "Win 3/5 matches with Syndicate" since Novigrad expansion launched (almost 8 months at this point), so I highly doubt contracts will be added in the near future.

Sorry for late reply. Yeah I think that if Infinity contract would refresh every 100 (kegs etc.) it would be much better but RP reward would have to be lowered which would be perfectly fine.

Also thanks for adding more Arena contracts, I was struggling the most with that one :D

No problem. I'm an arena rat when not playing Seasonal. It's what I tend to do. :sneaky:

They didn't even give a daily "Win 3/5 matches with Syndicate" since Novigrad expansion launched (almost 8 months at this point), so I highly doubt contracts will be added in the near future.
Yeah, syndicate doesn't get much love. They are the hardest faction to play with, especially during seasonal. Yes, even Scoia'tiael is easier IMHO because at least they might benefit from whatever is going on that season. Syndicate just uses coins 90% of the time and no seasonal mode will add coins.

I hope this faction doesn't end up as an "abandoned" mechanic, kind of how one set had everything with shields but we haven't really seen much of anything new with shields since then.

Back on topic with more ideas for contracts:

Win X games with (your weakest faction here)
Arena: Have a win streak of three or higher before breaking contract
Arena: Make a deck with no duplicate cards
Arena: Win a round with no cards in your hand
Syndicate: Get nine coins in one round
Syndicate: Activate intimidate X times

No problem. I'm an arena rat when not playing Seasonal. It's what I tend to do. :sneaky:

Back on topic with more ideas for contracts:

Win X games with (your weakest faction here)
Arena: Have a win streak of three or higher before breaking contract
Arena: Make a deck with no duplicate cards
Arena: Win a round with no cards in your hand
Syndicate: Get nine coins in one round
Syndicate: Activate intimidate X times

Concerning some of these contracts - first one is already used in Faction challenges, there is no real point in adding it; third and the last already exist - "Receive boosts from intimidate 10/100/500/1000 times" and "Play Shupe with his deck condition met in arena" (although you could argue that the latter is a bit harder to get and now we have Radeyah with the same deck restriction, but I don't see the necessity of this contract as it is essentially the same as the existing one); and I don't understand phrasing in the fourth contract - it is completed if you win in round 3 or does it mean that you have to win with carryover when your deck is already empty? Some specifics would be appreciated.

Guest 4157120

Concerning some of these contracts - first one is already used in Faction challenges, there is no real point in adding it; third and the last already exist - "Receive boosts from intimidate 10/100/500/1000 times" and "Play Shupe with his deck condition met in arena" (although you could argue that the latter is a bit harder to get and now we have Radeyah with the same deck restriction, but I don't see the necessity of this contract as it is essentially the same as the existing one); and I don't understand phrasing in the fourth contract - it is completed if you win in round 3 or does it mean that you have to win with carryover when your deck is already empty? Some specifics would be appreciated.

Main point of this post is to have more contracts and more ways how to earn Reward Points because getting RP only from daily rewards is extremely boring after couple of months and you still need to have something "exciting" for players or stuff that you want them to reach AKA contracts (achievements) and this could be the best way to have another way how to earn RP because I played a lot and getting 2-4 RP points per day for months is boring and the only time when I am excited is when I finish contract and get 7RP from it.

Top Bottom