Gwent in-game economy after Homecoming

+

After the rumors of not having new cards added to the game for the next five months plus an unknown amount of time before the subsequent update, I do wonder how it translates into Gwent's economy.

It has also been discussed the possibility of having the maximum number of bronze copies reduced from 3x2 (standard+premium) to 2x2 (standard+premium). This change will reduce the size of the collection, making faster for us to complete. Not only the close-beta players, but also the players starting early this year will build up a large ore+scraps bank.

Shupe will get a hard time collecting "glitterocks"?
If they reduce the number of bronze copies allowed should they refund with scraps players who lost their additional cards?

Currently there are almost 200 unique bronze cards. For a player with a complete collection it means getting 200 standard cards refunded for full value once Homecoming hits. It means that when in a distant future 100 new bronze cards will be added to the game, said players will be able to craft 100 x 2 copies just by using the scraps that they got from that specific refund. There lies the issue: changing the number of bronze cards has deeper ramifications than gameplay itself, it affects the in-game economy.

In my opinion there will be sort of an "inflation" of ores and scraps.

This would happen just by having no new cards added for half a year with all the Uncle Scrooge out there (myself included) gathering ores. But reducing the number of bronze cards will amplify the problem.

My prediction is: if such change gets through, it will affect the price of kegs (in terms of ores) and/or the mill value of individual cards.

Mind, that's not a complain, just a guess.

For the current player base that may be true but one goal can only be to attract a lot of new people.

sfruzz;n10967357 said:
After the rumors of not having new cards added to the game for the next five months plus an unknown amount of time before the subsequent update, I do wonder how it translates into Gwent's economy.
that's not a rumor

It has also been discussed the possibility of having the maximum number of bronze copies reduced from 3x2 (standard+premium) to 2x2 (standard+premium).
that isn't just a rumor, it's a weird rumor that I highly doubt. That is also not a rumor, just a possibility .it'd reduce the card set pool by ~23%, along with making the game much less consistent. I also see no reason for them to modify scrap/ore values based on it when those have remained the same even with midwinter and other updates adding cards. seems like a monumentally stupid idea from where I stand, especially in light of row changes.

If they reduce the number of bronze copies allowed should they refund with scraps players who lost their additional cards?
non-issue considering they're already doing a full refund value of cards. if they do go through with it it'd be a bonus to all the current players, and make things faster for new playeyrs.

Last edited:
Cabroncillo;n10968320 said:
"For a limited time". So if you happen to be in a trip when homecoming arrives, you wont get to mill anything for full value and you will be ruined.

"Ruined" sounds a bit dramatic. Even without milling for full value most of us will likely have enough scraps and ore left to get every card they want :)

Besides, Homecoming is the official release of the game so you can expect a release date some time before this release. Just follow the news section here, the official website or social media and you should be fine.

But obviously full mill value for an unlimited time isn't really an option :)

Void_Singer;n10967591 said:
that's not a rumor

Let's put it like this: I wish it were a rumor...

Void_Singer;n10967591 said:
that isn't just a rumor, it's a weird rumor that I highly doubt. That is also not a rumor, just a possibility

The Reds would call it a leak!

One of the consequences of 2-row Gwent would be that there won't be enough room to play current hands (start with 10, draw 2 and then draw 1). Hands will have to be smaller, which means decks will have to be smaller (or give up consistency.)

Gwent's economy would go to ruin as soon as I open the 250ish kegs i have in store.:surprise:

devivre;n10967450 said:
In the open letter CDPR already mentioned that - once Homecoming is released - for a limited time it will be possible to mill all cards for full value.
https://playgwent.com/en/news/18951/gwent-homecoming-see-whats-next-for-gwent

So that shouldn't be an issue, no matter how many bronze copies it will be in the end.

Mill cards? The full mill value is probably a distraction to stop people realizing they can most probably get a lawful refund of every penny spent in the game. Because you bought items for one game, and then suddenly that game turned into something completely different; or in law terms: The goods are no longer as described by the seller at the time of purchase. I'll most certainly be chasing this.

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

It has also been discussed the possibility of having the maximum number of bronze copies reduced from 3x2 (standard+premium) to 2x2 (standard+premium). This change will reduce the size of the collection, making faster for us to complete. Not only the close-beta players, but also the players starting early this year will build up a large ore+scraps bank.

Shupe will get a hard time collecting "glitterocks"?

Regarding cards there might be some new additions ;)

Top Bottom