GWENT IS NOW AVAILABLE ON APPLE M1 MACS!

+

The wait is over - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available on macOS, operating on the Apple M1 chips!

The macOS version of the game features full cross-play and synchronization functionality with other supported platforms: PC (via GOG.COM and Steam), iOS, and Android.

SHUPE THE TROLL PRESENTS

EXCLUSIVE, TIME-LIMITED OFFERS

ULTIMATE STARTER PACK 30% OFF

This pack allows you to quickly grow your collection and build a mighty deck of your own to charge into battle with.

WITCHER’S PACK 30% OFF

Give in to curiosity and discover a sizable supply of premium cards from GWENT's Way of the Witcher expansion.

Time-limited offers, exclusive to macOS and iOS versions of the game.

DOWNLOAD NOW

Hey so I tried to follow the link to download but the UK app store says this download is unavailable? Any ideas why??

The wait is over - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available on macOS, operating on the Apple M1 chips!

The macOS version of the game features full cross-play and synchronization functionality with other supported platforms: PC (via GOG.COM and Steam), iOS, and Android.

SHUPE THE TROLL PRESENTS

EXCLUSIVE, TIME-LIMITED OFFERS

ULTIMATE STARTER PACK 30% OFF

This pack allows you to quickly grow your collection and build a mighty deck of your own to charge into battle with.

WITCHER’S PACK 30% OFF

Give in to curiosity and discover a sizable supply of premium cards from GWENT's Way of the Witcher expansion.

Time-limited offers, exclusive to macOS and iOS versions of the game.

DOWNLOAD NOW

Awesome! Been looking forward to this for a long time! But there is a bug: can't right click to preview cards or cancel command.
Post automatically merged:

Here it is a little buggy, I cant click anywhere
try uncheck the touch alternative.

I don't get it - when I open GOG Galaxy and try to install Gwent it says it's not compatible.

I don't have nor don't want an apple account - why are you forcing us to use third-party to get this game, CDPR?

Is there a way for me to download Mac M1-compatible Gwent client without apple account?

I don't get it - when I open GOG Galaxy and try to install Gwent it says it's not compatible.

I don't have nor don't want an apple account - why are you forcing us to use third-party to get this game, CDPR?

Is there a way for me to download Mac M1-compatible Gwent client without apple account?
It’s available on the Mac App Store. Having a Mac but no Apple account also makes little sense.

Great news!
Now we only need a Retina texture pack, for 5K resolution displays. :)

(Apple's new 24" iMac has a build-in 4.5K display. The new external monitor, called the Studio Display, has a 5K resolution and can be used with any sort of M1 Macintosh. Also many iMacs from the past have a 5K display and can run Windows 10 on Boot Camp, e.g. the 27" late 2014 iMac.)
Post automatically merged:

Starts to make sense when you read the ToS
You're not getting forced to make use of iCloud. You just need an Apple-ID for downloading the App. You can sign out of your iCloud account from System Preferences after the purchase, if you wish. You could also uncheck the boxes of the apps you want to remove from iCloud services.

Last edited:
You aren’t required to use iCloud when you make an Apple ID. It’s just another account with another company. You made an account to post on this forum. There is no difference.
You are required to sign iCloud ToS to create an Apple ID. It's not just another company, here's the ToS to signing up for this forum:

1649069156419.png

I hope the difference is clear :)

You are required to sign iCloud ToS to create an Apple ID. It's not just another company, here's the ToS to signing up for this forum:

View attachment 11298409

I hope the difference is clear :)
You are not required to use iCloud though. It’s your computer, do what you want, but you can hardly expect developers not to use the ecosystem you are buying into.

You are not required to use iCloud though. It’s your computer, do what you want, but you can hardly expect developers not to use the ecosystem you are buying into.
Well, I can expect the developers to use their own ecosystem (i.e. GOG). Unless this is some kind of apple restriction. The fact that Gwent is only for M1 suggests, that this might not be their choice and they are forced to use appstore, e.g. in case the gwent for M1 is, in reality, an iOS app (i.e. mobile app) that's running on apple silicon due to some apple-specific libs, that GOG is unable to make use of. I really hope that's the reason.

I did signup to iCloud, just to install this game, signed out immediately. The game client works really well, however I have one remark - if I swap to another window/screen, the game appears to be suspended - doesn't load in the background, doesn't allow to search a game in background etc. Is anyone aware if it's possible to disable this behavior?

Well, I can expect the developers to use their own ecosystem (i.e. GOG). Unless this is some kind of apple restriction. The fact that Gwent is only for M1 suggests, that this might not be their choice and they are forced to use appstore, e.g. in case the gwent for M1 is, in reality, an iOS app (i.e. mobile app) that's running on apple silicon due to some apple-specific libs, that GOG is unable to make use of. I really hope that's the reason.

I did signup to iCloud, just to install this game, signed out immediately. The game client works really well, however I have one remark - if I swap to another window/screen, the game appears to be suspended - doesn't load in the background, doesn't allow to search a game in background etc. Is anyone aware if it's possible to disable this behavior?
It's not a restriction, quite the opposite. If you develop the app for iOS it will run natively on M1 without the need to change anything. So they don't have to develop the app twice like they did before.

Practically they have made a few changes though, since the OSX app looks a little different then on iOS. That's a lot less work though then developing it new.

Today I've installed Gwent on my new base model Mac Studio (M1 Max, CPU 10 cores, GPU 24 cores), and it looks pretty good! I've only seen one little stutter so far, when starting a training match vs AI. I've noticed that the textures are more blurry compared to my PC version with the 4K texture pack installed.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have the gauntlet cursor used by Gwent on the MacOS version as well (and not the MacOS system cursor)?

Gwent crashes after a few minutes. Anyone else having this issue?
Ventura 13.0.1 ; M1 Max

Gwent doesn't accept any mouse click inputs on Sonoma - the game is unplayable and has been for months. Looks like CDPR has truly abandoned the game.

Top Bottom