Gwent - Love Event 2021

+
I'd like to send my appreciation for this event to the Dev team - absolutely gorgeous.
The rewards are easy to claim in 7 days by simply logging in and doing a daily/day, that is a bonus for many I believe.

And a special thanks for the musical choice for the event: "The Tree Where We Sat Once". Beautiful pick.

Oh, and TEAM YEN of course. :cool:

Last edited:
All of the above, plus I think it's really nice to have the counter for how many Chocolate Hearts are needed to unlock the entire thing.

I combined the easel border with the animated raven skull avatar from the Journey. :ok:
Not interested in the two other Team titles, personally. :p

Just saw it now and it's really fair. As OP says, logging in and doing a daily quest gives you 42 of 44 hearts.
Gotta work hard to get one win though...

Yeah, it looks good to me. Though the chocolate hearts are too pretty and make me hungry! I might try the Easel border with the beggar drawing of Yennefer in Journey when I've earned them - seems like an amusing combination :)

I love the music, too, thanks for the title @Messyr - I haven't got around to playing Witcher 3 yet (half way through Witcher 1), so I didn't recognise it. I don't see that in my copy of the Witcher 3 soundtrack, though, either the main one or the expansions, from the GOG "Extras" for the GOTY. Is it not included on any of the official soundtracks?

Awesome event! I think it could last a bit longer - 10 days or maybe 2 weeks, but apart that, it's perfect.

If this event was pasta it would be al dente. Can't say anything but praise about all of it, this is how it needs to be one, great job guys!

Team Shani ftw though. :cool:

P.S. I'm loving how the current journey is about Yen though with it being the season of love and her being the "canon" romantic interest of Geralt, I think its sweet :D. I also like Yen a lot and hoped it would be her, so kudos!

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks good to me. Though the chocolate hearts are too pretty and make me hungry! I might try the Easel border with the beggar drawing of Yennefer in Journey when I've earned them - seems like an amusing combination :)

I love the music, too, thanks for the title @Messyr - I haven't got around to playing Witcher 3 yet (half way through Witcher 1), so I didn't recognise it. I don't see that in my copy of the Witcher 3 soundtrack, though, either the main one or the expansions, from the GOG "Extras" for the GOTY. Is it not included on any of the official soundtracks?
Unfortunately a great many of the game music is not included in any of the official soundtracks - you need to track and find these separately. The same issue I had with Thronebreaker too, many of the best tunes were just not part of the OST.

A good example here is the animated Snowdrop card: once clicked, she plays a reference tune from one of the iconic Thronebreaker music pieces - it took me weeks to find that one literally :D

I was looking over the card-backs (I'm not especially fond of the block-cut art style), and realised that a variation, or reworking, of the portrait of Iris and Olgierd von Everec, from Hearts of Stone, might have made an attractive image:
1613065083083.png

Perhaps with Iris glancing away, eyes downcast. . .

While we're on the topic of cardbacks from the Gwent universe, while it might be too risqué for Gwent, the "romance" cardbacks from Witcher 1 would get my vote :) (here's an example of the only one I've collected so far that I'm confident shouldn't break any rules!)

card.png

Truly a lovely event :smart:

Just one improvement could have been implemented, unlike the new years event achievements that were unlocked in the past aren't marked and have to be unlocked again.

Many thanks to the devs for the great work. :beer:

I notice that, ingame, the info says you're supposed to get 3 hearts from completing a daily quest, but I'm only receiving 2 hearts. Anyone else getting that?

Edit:
Never mind - it was 2 for a game win and the quest was from a reward tree, not a daily.

OK, nice event, but... what do you do with the chocolate hearts after you complete the spread? Is there anything else I can convert these to? They're just kind of piling up now...

The love event is great. I love the music and the art. It's got me in a lovely mood :)

Top Bottom