Gwent minimized (alt-tabbed) still collects mouse input

+
Hello Gwent team,

For the past two days I lost 2 ranked matches because while I am alt-tabbed, Gwent still collects mouse input (although the game is minimized in the background) and I queue into games without me acknowledging that. It happens to me two days in a row, and I cannot express my frustration that I lost my win streak in Ranked due to the game wanting me to play while it is in the background...
I do understand that games are meant to be played when started and not just sit in the background, but as I am writing this I cannot start the game and alt tab the game to write this post, because there is a huge chance that I will queue into someone on ladder.
I am not sure whether this is a glitch or intended - but I remember that this behavior started with the release of Homecoming - but I didn`t get bothered by this so far, because I was in the deck builder (where i spend most of the time) when I alt-tab.

Sometimes I just launch the game, and then I remember I need to check/do something online, and maybe after 5-10 minutes I find out a game is started and I`m losing round 2 with no cards, because I have discarded my hand because I am not playing...
My Video setting for Fullscreen is ENABLED, so it`s not considered 'windowed' mode.

My request is to prevent any input (mouse/keyboard/gamepad) while Gwent is minimized/alt-tabbed/in the background.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Valchev

so, when i tab outta the game and i wanna do stuff in a browser or something, any clicks i do on the screen are recognized by the game, which makes it easy for me to unintentially do stuff like start searching for matches, is there any way to fix this on my end, or is it something only the devs could fix? cuz i don't have this issue with hearthstone, that game only recognized mouse movement while in the background, but not the clicking.

To me it happens only when I start the game for the first time. Once I completely forgot I started the game, and somehow dismantled one leader and few cards when doing stuff on PC.
But after I alt tab in and out again it doesn't recognize mouse movement anymore.

This is an issue for Gwent PC. Sometime I got shuffle the daily quest accidentally by enter the game and do something else when the game is loading. And I suspect Gwent capture keyboard even I didn't active its windows. Sometime, the daily quest were shuffled.

Today it even worst, I open the game and alt-tab to send message to my friend in other application and later on when I switch back to Arena. it said I lost which I didn't even click start at all. So, I lose the free Arena ticket without even pick any cards.

Anyone know any settings I can do to avoid this issue happen again? sometime Gwent loading screen took like 5+ minutes which it's likely for me to do something else instead. I do not want to lose $$$ by paying the Arena ticket next time.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Anyone know any settings I can do to avoid this issue happen again?

There are no such settings, not directly, anyway. If you run the game in borderless window mode, it's possible the game remains in the background and still receives mouse/KB input because it's the "main" window. If you want to circumvent this, you'll have to manually minimize the game.

PS. thread merged.

There are no such settings, not directly, anyway. If you run the game in borderless window mode, it's possible the game remains in the background and still receives mouse/KB input because it's the "main" window. If you want to circumvent this, you'll have to manually minimize the game.

PS. thread merged.

Thanks.

let me confirm again:
1. if I leave Gwent minimize regardless of full screen or windows mode then it won't capture my input. (because full screen can't minimize, I can just alt-tab.)
2. if I use window mode then I must minimize to avoid any accidentally input while Gwent works in background.

I will bear in mind to minimize before alt-tab then.

//still sad from losing the arena ticket :(

Today I enter the game in full screen mode, not windows and when the game is loading, I'm typing in Facebook Chat. Then, I heard the game transition to level summary screen which show three daily quests (while I'm still not finish typing my chat in Facebook). Once I send message to my friend with Enter key, I heard the Enter sound effect from the game and when I switch back to the game -- the Quest is shuffle. I just lose my almost finish 2 RP quest.

However, when I'm at main menu page (which have Play, Arena, Journey, Deck Building box) I can type here with multiple enter without any issue.

so, even in Full Screen mode, the game still trap my keyboard -- maybe the "Focus" to shuffle the quest issue.

Are there anyone notice this?

DC9V

Forum veteran
My Video setting for Fullscreen is ENABLED, so it`s not considered 'windowed' mode.
Which setting are you talking about? By default, Windows runs every application in borderless mode, even if you set your 3d-settings to fullscreen. You need to disable fullscreen optimization, in order to run Gwent in real fullscreen mode.

Top Bottom