Votes: 90 85.7%
  • Meh...

Votes: 15 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gwent App

Who else would love to see an App to play Gwent on your phone against friends or against a random computer generated opposite? I personaly think that Gwent is an absolutely awesome Cardgame and I would love to be able to play it outside of the witcher-world too. I would love to spend a couple Euros to download a Gwent-App. :) It would be fantastic from CDPR to create it just like in the game with all the lovely animations, artworks, sound-effects and so on.

I love Gwent but I hate mobile gaming because my stupid smartphone runs out of power after, say, 15 minutes and needs to be recharged. Also, the screen is too small. I'd rather have physical Gwent decks (got HoS collector's edition with two Gwent decks but that's still two decks short :))

Near the end of the recent PAX Gwent-ception panel, @Rafal_Jaki asked the audience directly if they wanted a stand-alone digital Gwent game, and said he wanted to take their response back to the Studio. The crowd seemed to rather favour the idea (odd, considering they were attending a talk on the subject of Gwent . . .)

To this end, since the current thread is dedicated to the topic of stand-alone Gwent, please, feel free to post, or re-post, any comments you may have on the idea, so Rafal and the other REDs have another possible reference for judging potential support for a new version of Gwent.

This is no guarantee that they will create such a version, of course, but at least let them know what you think.
Thank you. Carry on.

Last edited:
Still thinking the same as earlier.

I'm allergic to mobile games (hrrrrr). And I think that most games with microtransactions are cheating.

But if CDPR can make an (one time purchase) online Gwent for consoles and PC, then it might be a very good idea :) It would be really fun to play against other Gwent fans! AI in Witcher 3 Gwent games was lousy opponent, even in hard mode... I guess they can solve those problems, how to get new cards and what happens when you loose, so that you don't have to pay money every time.

I just hate all those small stupid mobile games including Fallout shelter. Haven't already CDPR tried to make a mobile game which was really bad. I love gwent with all my heart but I don't want it to be free to play,buy in-game thing. I'm not even sure how would it work otherwise.

Forum veteran
It's been long enough that I don't remember everything about Gwent, but here's my vision of a mobile version anyway:

You buy the game, so definitely not free-to-play. No in-game purchases, either. Everyone chooses their faction and starts the game with a basic randomized deck and one or two hero/spy cards. You can choose to play against someone with a slightly better deck, slightly worse deck, or a deck similar to your own. Each player wagers one of their really good cards in each match, so winning snowballs and winning a lot means ending up with lots of good cards and playing people with similarly good decks. Players who lose all their good cards or just want to start over can reset their progress and start over with a new deck back on the bottom rung.

Maybe there could also be an option to play people in the same faction so that your won cards could actually be used, or other factions just for fun, and have cards won from those other factions not affect your ranking. I don't know; seems like something like that could work and be entertaining without being imbalanced or incorporating any money-grubbing microtransactions.

I love Hearthstone and was really excited for it to be on mobile as it fits the platform perfectly.

I like Gwent even more and feel it would fit both platforms. I am well up for this and, really hope we see it.

I bless you! And I give you the green color on the development of a mobile version Gwent ... can begin!
But it would be better to release a online Gwent game for the PC.

Last edited:
Why not both, if they choose the right technology it is not that hard to develop a game like this for different platforms.
Also the game itself does already exist, so they can focus on the technical implementation.

Maybe the rules of some cards and decks has to be tweaked to make it fair in a pvp environment.

Although I'm not entirely sure how it might be implemented, chances are that I'd love just about any Witcher-related game, especially if it pertains to Gwent. Let the heckling of poor, uninterested merchants begin!

I think it would be baller to play Gwent with other people and not just NPC's, who even on the hardest difficulty are not too bright (exception here is Sasha, that bitch was pretty damn good) Don't really care what platform they choose to release it on, but I doubt it would be hard for them to release it for both phone and PC. Boring lectures would definitely be more exciting if I could play some Gwent on my phone :v

Multiplayer Gwent

I love Gwent, but winning against NPCs lost its appeal after I won their cards. I want to compete with other players' decks.

Considering lot of popular card games are getting mobile versions for playing with friends/people locally and across the internet, I would be surprised if they themselves didn't consider this at some point after the massive success of TW3 and love for Gwent.
Mobile version anytime now.

I thought it might be a good idea to have Gwent built into the forum as a mini-game. Members could log in and play a few rounds with other forum goers. As it stands, this place is getting more and more quiet with each passing day, and it's only going to get worse now that it looks like Cyberpunk isn't coming out anytime soon - although I do predict a brief 1-2 month upswing in activity after Blood and Wine releases.

The idea of a Gwent phone app doesn't really appeal to me since I am probably the last person on the planet that doesn't have a smart phone, but I would like a stand-alone Gwent game for any other platform.

The idea of a Gwent phone app doesn't really appeal to me since I am probably the last person on the planet that doesn't have a smart phone, but I would like a stand-alone Gwent game for any other platform.

No, you are not the only one ;) I'm not buying that "thing" unless it's the only option on earth. Phones are not meant for gaming, that's how I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom