Votes: 90 85.7%
  • Meh...

Votes: 15 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gwent Mobile or On-line Game

I'm not sure if anyone posted this before so, sorry mod gods for the extra work.

So I've been getting quite addicted do Gwent in TW3(seriously its downright glorious), and I was wondering if CDPR had any plans on making a Gwent mobile game for IOS/Android, maybe we could import our decks from W3 or just win them in game (hopefully no micro transactions though) and play with our friends.
So do you guys think it would be cool if they did something like this?

I'm not sure if anyone posted this before so, sorry mod gods for the extra work.

So I've been getting quite addicted do Gwent in TW3(seriously its downright glorious), and I was wondering if CDPR had any plans on making a Gwent mobile game for IOS/Android, maybe we could import our decks from W3 or just win them in game (hopefully no micro transactions though) and play with our friends.
So do you guys think it would be cool if they did something like this?

People have made them already and they got shut down, even the free versions. Just from hearing about that I'm pretty sure in the future, not saying tomorrow, could be a year from now there will be a gwent app that is supported by them directly or just with trade/copy rights.

Last edited:
what made gwent great is its connection to the story, the impact outside of the card game, winning money and items, etc.

taking it out of the context of witcher 3 will make it just another boring card game like heartstone

Hello community.

Its been my first time playing a The Witcher game. I have never played the 1 or 2 sequel, but I totally like this game and I am understanding the whole story of the game.

I am one of those people that never write a post on forums and that kind of stuff, but I feel that this game has returned to me all that I spend on it, It has a lot of things and content and stuffs that have me super satisfied, even my girlfriend that plays with me sometimes but almost all the time its me playing she is totally satisfied with the game, she says that never have seen a game that returns so much to the customer. And I want to thanks CD PROJEKT RED for such a masterpiece.

I am living at Venezuela and this country is so mess right now but in videogames like this people find some rest and occupy your minds and nothing better than The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

The main reason why I am writting this is to ask to CD PROJEKT RED to make or launch a GWENT game for mobile phone android or iOs. I love this card game, it doesnt turn annoying or reppetitive. Its very likely to people, all my friends love it, and what would be better that have it on your mobile device and play it when you are not at your house playing with your console.

So PLEASE community lets make us hear and PLEASE CD PROJEKT RED!!!!... LAUNCH THE GWENT GAME FOR MOBILE DEVICES!!!

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE AND THANKS TO THIS COMPANY FOR MAKING THE BEST GAME THAT IVE EVER SEEN IN YEARS!!..

BEST REGARDS TO ALL OF YOU!

YES PLEASE!
Though I doubt it would ever be made for BB10... Oh well, I guess I can always use the Android application...

Because at least I want many many posts about people wanting mobile Gwent in many many places many many times. Eric Lassard would agree.

Last edited:
I'd love to see this, CDPR would be printing free money for themselves and making us all very happy, a gwent mobile app would be so sweet!
I really hope they add some good new challenging gwent content for the new expansion pack coming out!

I imagine it would be a game filled with microtransactions for card packs? Meh Gwent was fun in the game but I don't see spending time or money in a standalone game. Games like those ones are sucking so much money from you in the long run that you are better off spending said money for another game or a bottle of fine wine.

I'm not a mobile game fan at all :( Phones are for talking, not playing. IMO. I don't have even smartphone, 'cause I hate those things. I had one little while, but I sold it away. I use mobile phone only when I need to talk or text to someone, which is few times a week.

Only thing I could use, would be online Gwent for consoles or PC. I don't play online games, I hate those too :D But this would be nice.

Like @soldiergeralt mentioned, I'm not sure how it would work. If you need money to actually play Gwent, that would be bad. And if you don't use money, how can you get those Hero cards for example? Will you need to give one card away if you loose? If you can buy the whole deck ready, where is the fun in that? So I'm not sure if it is a good idea to make online Gwent on any platform. I like the idea of online Gwent for consoles/PC, but how to make that idea work outside Witcher3, is a mystery.

You guys make some good points. Well at least I still really hope Blood and Wine includes some extra gwent content :)

Last edited:
It is a nice idea but there would be considerations. Many games have a mobile companion app and some work well. A Gwent app would need to be a companion, so linked to cards collected in game, otherwise it would be something separate and lose it's charm (IMHO).

Some issues this would raise would be player base - how many Witcher 3 players would regularly want to play Gwent online in 1 year? I don't know, but I guess it would need a robust AI to counter that, and as the game is not that complex the Deck building is more than the card laying, and AI would not fill that role so well.

Also, the game has strategy, but ultimately it is about the decks. So unless there was some very clever matchmaking (also narrowing player base in theory) then the players without all the cards would get pretty fed up fast as no matter how good you are a weaker deck will win less. And I don;t think just having lobbies would help as in my experience beginner lobbies in games like MTGO are totally abused by people with decent decks. That may not happen here but it would need matchmaking I think.

Also to keep small games alive they really need to add things here and there and you can;t really add to this unless you add to the main game....

Having said that - I would play it :)

I think it would be a great idea, but they would have to build upon the game using whats in the actual game as a starting base. More cards for sure for difference in deck. Otherwise when you play the game, everyone would just use 95% the same cards

Online Gwent

Yep, put an NPC (a table, a chair, whatever) on inns of major cities in the Witcher world (Novigrad, Oxenfurt, Kaer Trolde) in which we would enter a room, wager for a bit of crowns, or enter a tournament with players around the world.

Tbh, in the entire gameplay, I only used Northern Realms deck because I find it most effective. And I think this story is similar for 70% of the players around the world. It would be nice if we could try other decks against other skilled players around the world.

Yep, put an NPC (a table, a chair, whatever) on inns of major cities in the Witcher world (Novigrad, Oxenfurt, Kaer Trolde) in which we would enter a room, wager for a bit of crowns, or enter a tournament with players around the world.

Tbh, in the entire gameplay, I only used Northern Realms deck because I find it most effective. And I think this story is similar for 70% of the players around the world. It would be nice if we could try other decks against other skilled players around the world.

Although I hate the idea that Witcher 3 could go online, your idea still sounds good. Maybe online Gwent in the main menu? You could use there money earned during the game. People keep complaining that there is nothing to do with the money, so that would solve the problem :)

Although I hate the idea that Witcher 3 could go online, your idea still sounds good. Maybe online Gwent in the main menu? You could use there money earned during the game. People keep complaining that there is nothing to do with the money, so that would solve the problem :)

I agree, online open world Witcher game doesn't sound like a good idea, plus it's gonna be a lot of work for CDPR.
And what I meant with "entering a room" for the online Gwent is just like the poker game in fb, where graphics are really minimal. All we have need look at are tables (not the real table, I meant charts), scoreboards and all other necessary interfaces to make playing Gwent possible.

Last edited:
I agree, online open world Witcher game doesn't sound like a good idea, plus it's gonna be a lot of work for CDPR.
And what I meant with "entering a room" for the online Gwent is just like the poker game in fb, where graphics are really minimal. All we have need look at are tables (not the real table, I meant charts), scoreboards and all other necessary interfaces to make playing Gwent possible.

sounds to me like a genius idea !!

id like you to be able to enter an online game of gwent in novigrad or oxenfurt just to avoid an online witcher 3 but still being able to play gwent online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom