Gwent murders the battery life on my laptop for no reason! Any fix?

+
So basically ive tried running the game while outside but it absolutely DESTROYS the battery life on my laptop. I can compare gwent to early release XCOM2 and i would say XCOM2 (which is notoriously awful optimized) uses LESS battery than gwent with gwent on all minimal settings.

Considering theres an android version coming i would expect there to be a super low resource usage version of gwent floating around - any way i can run that instead of the PC client? I think that would help. I do NOT want to use android emulators though. (or maybe im underestimating how poweful phones are these days)

Any suggestions? I currently can run 1 1/2 gwent matches to basically use up a battery that would normally last about 5 hours.

What hardware do you have?

Usually, lowering the settings helps. Another thing you could try is changing the Windows 10 power plan. Depending on your hardware, the game might still work in power saver mode (but it really depends on your hardware, if that works...).

Other than that, too much dust in a PC can also lead to it working more than it should.

I have a low end gaming laptop (cant remember the specs off the top of my head) and i am running power saving mode at lowest possible settings. Like i said i can run things like XCOM2 (at mid settings btw) and its less of a battery hog for some reason.

Like i said its a laptop (its a year old so dust causing overheating shouldnt be much of an issue either way) and im not opening this thing. Basically i had hoped that someone knows a way to use a "bare minimum" file edit or a second minimum requirements client for pc. Those are the most likely solutions at this point.

As mentioned before, lowering the resolution can help a lot. Also disabling premium card animations is usually effective. Did you already experiment with vsync settings and the other in game settings? And make sure to close all non essential background applications.

As far as I can see there‘s not that much else you can do.

Premium animations are worst for battery life as far as I can tell. For me it works normally ilike with any other game, can play it for an hour or so before battery runs out (very bad laptop, can't even run Witcher 2 with more than 15 fps)

For some bloody reason i completely missed the fact that theres a seperate option for "resolution" in the menu (i.e. its not under graphics)..... zzzzz <_>

Ill try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

Still it would be nice if there was some way to make it significantly less resource hungry - possibly with a mobile client version on PC or something.

I can run low requirement things like the ace attorney series (which to be fair is pretty much only text and images - though gwent isnt really much more + eletricity for network connections) legit 5 hours straight on battery only. I dont think its too much to ask for a card game client to at least end up somewhere around 3 hours.

Thanks for your sharing your experience Smradd - i'd be interested to hear how well its working for other people as well (gwent + laptop battery life).

So ive been doing some repeated tests and the results overall are quite bad. I can play about 2 games in trade for 60% of my battery life which would usuailly last 4-5 hours.

This is at the abslute minimum settings possible + lowest screen brightness + battery saving mode and everything else.

Overall not a good look for a card game. Would be curious to hear how the experience is for mobile users.

Top Bottom