GWENT needs to get the basics right

+
Things like having basic actions explained when you start playing the game. I posted here yesterday on a topic which related to discarding cards. How do you do that? Don't worry, someone answered it. GWENT didn't explain it.

People apart from myself have commented how rubbish the in-game tutorial is.

These are all simple, basic things, which games in general do. I.e. they explain the mechanics. GWENT outsources the basics to forums. That's why people ask basic questions on how the game works.

Personally I'd like a training mode where you can play any of your decks against each other, in order to learn how things work. I.e. you vs an AI playing your deck. MTG has, or at least used to have, something like that.

Or a couple of in-game videos: one showing you how the deckbuilder works, going for a few minutes, and one showing you how the game works in action, also running for 5 minutes, say. And you should be able to replay the tutorial or the videos as well. Any time that you like.

Today I SHOULD have reached pro rank but the game didn't let me do that, because I hadn't agreed to the pro terms and conditions. The sensible thing would have been to have the existence of such an agreement disclosed to you when you actually won the next game after completing your mosaic, so you could decide whether you agree with the T&Cs and if you do, get that Rank 0 contract completed.

Honestly, how GWENT does things is just one endless troll after another. It's truly awful. They can't even get the basics right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom