GWENT officially launches on consoles!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

Updated version of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now live on PS4 and Xbox One!

Check out the overview of changes, including new features, mechanics and cards, on a dedicated website.

To celebrate the full release of GWENT on PS4 and Xbox One, we’ve prepared a special Launch Celebration Pack containing:

24 kegs — with 5 cards per keg, this makes for a total of 120 cards!
1 Legendary card — choose out of 3 Legendary cards!
500 Meteorite Powder — perfect for transmuting cards into their Premium animated versions!
5 Arena tickets — gain immediate access to GWENT’s Arena Mode!

Launch Celebration Pack can be purchased by console players up to 5 times per account.

Good luck and have fun!

Yeeeo! How's about a reward for players who broke top 500 last season? Little limited edition card in the mail perhaps... Be a great pr stunt! 😅

Except that it's not ... ?

When I try to log in, it keeps telling me this version of the game is no longer supported. I've downloaded the update, I've got the new splash screen... so I'm not sure what's up ?

Apparently they mistakenly posted the wrong release on PS4 version 1.24 and on PC 1.26.

That's, actually kind of funny. Disappointing, but kind of funny.

I just hope this is something they can fix quickly... and don't have to go through a lengthy licensing process with Sony or something to release the new update. That would be pretty disastrous.

Has anyone been able to play the game by simply updating their version? My internet sucks so I'd like to know in advance.

Edit: Just downloaded the patch and it does work! Awesome! The game doesn't run very smooth though unfortunately.

Last edited:
It's working now, I'm playing no problem -- no update needed.

It's REALLY slow though. Like, framerate issues galore.

It's working now, I'm playing no problem -- no update needed.

It's REALLY slow though. Like, framerate issues galore.

Are you on a laptop, by any chance? If so, is it plugged in?

If that's not it, ensure that the game is using your GPU and not your on-board video. You can force this in the GPU Control Panel under the game-specific settings for Gwent.

I have some Issus on my PS4. I am missing my metorite powder. Somebody have the same problem ?
Somebody knows if you get something on PS4 for the purchase of TB ?

THX

Are you on a laptop, by any chance? If so, is it plugged in?

If that's not it, ensure that the game is using your GPU and not your on-board video. You can force this in the GPU Control Panel under the game-specific settings for Gwent.

I'm on PS4... soooo... nope. :p

Have ps4 in hotel upgraded software 5 hours to up load. Game loads but hangs on last page. Speed at hotel is 1.9mbs. Is this to slow? Game always worked previously here.

I'm on PS4... soooo... nope. :p

Seriously.

These performance issues are ridiculous -- and I'm on PSPro.

Everything is choppy and jittery. Navigating the menus feels bad, navigating the game board feels worse.

Is there a patch coming soon?

Hi all,

also somebody here who has problems with the launch celebration packs (PS4)? Should be available in the shop but actually there only a "coming soon" on the packs icon...

Best

My game doesn't load. I have left it 30 minutes and still nothing. I don't know why it would do this as I was able to play it yesterday

MAYDAY MAYDAY this is an emergency ! Gwent on PS4 needs a patch asap. Many of us have some serious infinite loading issue after pressing X on Geralt & Ciri screen. I was in the train mode then got a blue error. Then, I restarted and encountered that problem. I deleted the game and reinstalled it. It was ok till I switch my PS4 off and try later... Infinite loading AGAIN (on the random card screen before main menu)... No more solution left. Please, CDP, do something.

There are also some micro-freezes (loadings?) during deck creation.

There are random crashes when playing Thronebreaker too... During roaming and battles.

Last edited:
New #5
I have been eagerly waiting for the release. I used to play Gwent daily but since the homecoming launch on PC I found it pointless to keep playing on the PS4 until the update. I wish I hadn't, I wish I had enjoyed the last moments of old Gwent, a game I'll never be able to play again. I wanted this to be good I really did, but sorry guys, it's shit... Been playing Gwent since I beginning of last year, spent money an a lot of hours on it. Loved it, now... it's a barrage of decks with the same mechanic over and over again. I appreciate the effort you put into this, the design and the progression system is really well done, but the game mechanic, good god what were you thinking? I hate the order mechanic, having summoning sickness in Gwent is annoying as hell, everybody and their mother runs the 3 witchers in their deck. the mulligan system is moronic, the card limit as well. You couldn't let us choose which card to discard? And drawing 3 cards every round? Why do we have a pass system anymore? It's meaningless. I still love you guys, you're definitely the best gaming studio around, and hey I work for the competition and still love you guys more so that's saying something. This may just be my opinion I even may be the only one that thinks this, but to me the days where the first thing I wanted to do when I woke up was play Gwent are gone. I used to spend hours learning the cards so I could come with different decks. Now I browse through cards and think, oh boy do I want to boost my cards or damage the other player cards? Ok I think at this point I'm just rambling, maybe it's the drastic change in the game. I'll wait for the first tournament, want to see if anyone will come up with an exciting deck. I really want this game to grow on me, but so far it's leaving me with an awful taste in my mouth. Sincerely yours, a disappointed fan.

Same feelings. I'm already missing the Old Gwent mechanics and combos. Instinctive and easy to handle. Everyone knew each card by heart and could easily create decks again and again. It's like chess, always the same game but always the same pleasure. Each card had a real identity. Now, a lot have lost it and just look like each others. The new board is nice though and the concept of orders is great. I have that feeling of using an army BUT I think it would have merely been great to add that is the old gwent, a few new cards and a (so expected) 6th faction. Maybe I'll appreciate the new gwent when I know every card (again -_- ). Actually, when I'll be able to play it because for now, I just can't... Infinite loading. And please, do not create cards that kill the game like Ciri +25. No offense. CDP is great

Top Bottom