Gwent on Steam???

+
I feel like it should be a GOG exclusive to help promote GOG.

But then how do you promote the game? Being on Steam basically means you're on display on the biggest store in the world and everyone finds you. Being on GOG means fans of the game find you.

It has to be both, it's the only logical option.

I would rather they kept it on GOG. That way CD Project RED gets a larger percentage from the micro-transactions.

I will try to buy more things to support REDs but I want it on steam, steam chat/overlay is a must for me while playing, specially in a card game.

But then how do you promote the game? Being on Steam basically means you're on display on the biggest store in the world and everyone finds you. Being on GOG means fans of the game find you.

It has to be both, it's the only logical option.

Everyone knows about The Witcher and CD Projekt Red at this point. Hearthstone does just fine without being on Steam. The Elder Scrolls: Legends isn't on Steam either nor are there any plans for it to be in the future.

Last edited:
Everyone knows about The Witcher and CD Projekt Red at this point. Hearthstone does just fine without being on Steam. The Elder Scrolls: Legends isn't on Steam either nor are there any plans for it to be in the future.

While what you're saying is true, you can't really compare the size of Witcher/CD Projekt RED with Blizzard, anything they shit out is gold. Plus Hearthstone is everywhere and has a HUGE marketing campaign. Tons of mobile ads, youtube ads, etc. It's ok for them not to be on Steam because they are on a different league than many other developers.

But you have to see it from the point of view of a regular gamer, sure, he knows about Witcher 3 but how will he find out Gwent exists? He has to directly search for it. Most people will check steam, see it's not there and move on. Another advantage on being on Steam is people who DON'T know, they are just searching for random games, or looking at Free to play games... and they'll see gwent and give it a shot as it looks cool.

Steam right now has the biggest display in the world, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to be there, unlike what Blizzard does for Hearthstone. Basically being on steam is a very cheap customer acquisition plan.

As for Elder Scrolls it's not on steam yet, it's true. But there's still a chance. Also, there's another thing... it's shit anyway. So who cares :p

I will try to buy more things to support REDs but I want it on steam, steam chat/overlay is a must for me while playing, specially in a card game.

You can add Gwent to the steam library and you can use the steam chat/overlay as usual, I'm doing that with the beta and it works well

The game will be on steam but I'll play it on GOG. Flip Gaben and his platform. Disappointment after disappointment with CS:GO. I hoped that gwent would be something like hearthstone - playable from browser to have access on anything, anywhere but oh well...

Although all my games are on Steam including Witcher 3 + exp I as well will play Gwent on GoG.

And how to link both gog and steam accounts?

I've been wondering how this works too, but they have themselves confirmed that full release will be on Steam too. With Steam version you will probably have to login with your GOG account during first time or something like that.

Top Bottom