GWENT: Price of Power | EP2: Thanedd Coup | Teaser Trailer

+
I am a bit disappointed with the PoP bronze cards so far. Not because they are op or useless. I just think that replaying or reusing parts of already strong cards is not that interesting.

Last edited:
What I expect for NR:
-> One location called Aretuza spawning Aretuza students and adepts.
With the order to increase the patience of all allied unit by 1
-> Ban Ard Adept: Whenever you use the order of a patience unit deal 2 random damage.
I like your suggestions, sir, although I deem more fitting for the Aretuza location to increase all the allied mage units' Patience by 1 (at least that's what I'd expect for the expansion theme, anyway).

I'm very pleased to see Tissaia as a game card, even though my only contact with Witcher lore was the Netflix series. Nevertheless, I enjoyed that character (and the actress' performance) very much.

5gzbqp.jpg

For MO I expect Gernichora as a legendary,
Not sure if Gerni joining the Sabbath would make much sense ("The Sabbath is in the full swing! Behold a very special guest joining the fun. And she brings presents too!"), but no idea who it could be, maybe the Wicked Witch or a Gwent Version of the Tooth Fairy, (we already had the Rat-Catcher of Hamelin in the last drop).

But if they should also offer a new re-skin of a faction Leader in the reward tree with the 2 remaining Card Drops, I guess Gerni probably becomes a possibility because I don't really see much of the other Faction Leaders apart from maybe Jan Calvait, Svalblod or Radovid (if the 3rd NR Card drop is themed around Witch hunt, because his Card Art would definitely fit into the overall expansion theme) making much sense either.

Last edited:
Not sure if Gerni joining the Sabbath would make much sense ("The Sabbath is in the full swing! Behold a very special guest joining the fun. And she brings presents too!"), but no idea who it could be, maybe the Wicked Witch or a Gwent Version of the Tooth Fairy, (we already had the Rat-Catcher of Hamelin in the last drop).
It makes perfect sense. In Thronebreaker, where Gernichora is actually involved in one chapter of the story, it's revealed that there is a village in the swamp whose inhabitants worship her as a deity and have a special holiday dedicated to her when they make sacrifices for her. This "holiday" might as well be their local version of the Sabbath. And "she brings presents" could very well refer to the "fruits of Gernichora", those being leeches which drink her blood and then stick and glow on trees. Any person or animal who then drinks her blood (which is said to be sweet) from those "fruits" is then susceptible to having it's mind either influenced or controlled by Gernichora (depending on how much they drink I assume...).

The "Wicked Witch" on the other hand isn't even a real thing (not that we know of at least), she's a character from a fable, and Arturious Vigo just created her to act as a part of his illusion to keep the Dutchess and her sister entertained while they were children.

Thanedd b.jpg

I just wanted to offer my compliments and appreciation to the artists for the design of Thanedd. The architecture is fairly believable, and must have required quite a bit of time and research to create. In particular, the cloister, with its fountain and hedges, and what appears to be the great hall, resembling a high cathedral, are especially well done. Even though we glimpse the unspoiled fortress only briefly, I admire the thought and care that went into this scene, and the ensuing one:
Thanedd.jpg
The artists first had to build Thanedd, and then decide how to ruin it. Very fine work!

I'm ok with the new art. It just lacks texture details and looks a bit unfinished.
I remember Eithne was also a bit unfinished when it was revealed, but the released art was different in terms of quality. So maybe those new arts are just not finished yet.

Haha, yeah, I'm definitely not playing this card for extra waylay or shuffling of 3 own units, lol.

But with the right setup, shuffling 3 of your own units can be worth as much as 18 points... While it's likely going to play for a lot less than that on average, it's definitely an option for movement based ST decks to consider.

But with the right setup, shuffling 3 of your own units can be worth as much as 18 points... While it's likely going to play for a lot less than that on average, it's definitely an option for movement based ST decks to consider.
Why stop at 18, though? "With the right setup" I can get... hmm... 25? This would include 3 mentors, 4 sentries and 2 Brigades. Totally doable and worth it. You've convinced me :D

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
My comments for the new cards:

Practice makes perfect:
Love the design and the idea of the card. Main target will probably be Ban Ard Tutor in a late round. As he´s a strong deployer. and you loose only 2 body for playing again a mage.
Further synergies: + 2 charges on Cintrian Spellweaver
Outstanding question: Does the counter of patience bronzes reset when they go into your deck? Probably not as it is stated permanently at Patience description.
So also a nice tool to reuse strong patience ban ard students (or even their companions from Aretuza)

Leticia Charbonneau:
From my perspective one of the most promising NR cards. Combined with Tissaia she can create a huge point swing unanswered. No doubt that NR mages need defenders and further protection tools (Shieldwall). A purifying spell might also be a great help.

rrc

Forum veteran
Probably the dev/design team also thinks like this, always balancing ST cards for the "max potential, max possible" points including all possible synergies when allocating the provisions for ST cards :p :eek::cry::giveup:

Probably the dev/design team also thinks like this, always balancing ST cards for the "max potential, max possible" points including all possible synergies when allocating the provisions for ST cards :p :eek::cry::giveup:

As I said, it'll probably play for a lot less than the max on average.

But as someone who has played a LOT of movement ST, I'm just saying don't discount the value of the ST location order. ST movement can get a lot of value out of Dwimveandra, whether it's lining up Cat Witchers against a row stacked opponent, resetting the Treant Boar, moving Vrihedd Brigade, resetting Gezras to boost or damage a row, or just shuffling a few units with a Sentry or two.

A lot of players complain about Malena's provision cost because of the value she can bring to ST movement decks. Being able to play the location order multiple times is no different other than your opponent will need Heatwave to stop it instead of just a bronze damage card.

Overall, I'd guess that Dwimveandra will see 5-for-10 value pretty regularly with a ST movement deck. And that's pretty decent value in my mind.

Top Bottom