GWENT: Price of Power | EP2: Thanedd Coup | Teaser Trailer

+
Well, first of all i whant to talk about Tissaia.

For now we have stupend sinergy with Gerhart. Some sinergy with Istredd and good sinergy with aretuza studant and ban ard studant since all of them have patience.

Other gold sinergy could be with Ildiko, but i dont think anyone will play her and wait to use her order.

So, despite Gerhart, the best sinergy are with bronzes, wich everyone knows, its not a good thing use bronzes in round 3.

So, problably she is best played with Shani, since shani will "call" one of the bronzes and put 9 instant points on the board.

Nevertheless that, , i think we will have more locations and problably the NR location will be aretuza castle and it will spawn aretuza studant and/or ban ard studant.

So it will be a gold with great sinergy with Tissaia

Also, Dwimveandra will give another bronze and puts 8 points on board (similarity Shani, but, of course, without the countdown and the possibility to repeat it). It will be an instante 8 for 5, with the possibility to use the order of the other bronze and repeat it with Tissaia

So all this cards will have great sinergy with Tissaia. You can have some golds and some bronzes in hand and all of them will play for a lot of points.

Overall, I'd guess that Dwimveandra will see 5-for-10 value pretty regularly with a ST movement deck. And that's pretty decent value in my mind.
My god, you sound like you're serious. You actually think you are going to "regularly" get 6 value from renewing location order? Regularly enough to add a potential brick neutral to your 5p slot? Listen, more power to you if so, but I also play a lot of movement ST, and like I said before, I will most certainly NOT be doing that.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
A few little (perhaps obvious) observations from me:
1626824217927.png

1626824228518.png

I think it's rather clever that these two cards take place in what appears to be the same scene in the classroom. In Practice Makes Perfect, we see Leticia Charbonneau's hand in the foreground, as she demonstrates levitation. And, in her card, in turn, we can see the head (and still desk-bound apple) of the clever lass with the ornamental clips in her red hair.

I'll also remark that I find the facial expressions of the two onlooking students in Practice Makes Perfect quite well done, and believable: She in the upper row is merely curious, whereas the dark-haired maid is clearly astonished at her classmate's ability.

Heh. This one took me a bit to realise, but I think the sheep, seen in the background of the Dwimveandra card, could be a reference to Baarack, an Australian sheep, who was in the news a while back for his huge, 35kg (77lb) overgrown fleece.

1626825249610.png

That dude is ugly. I mean, even an antagonist can have a photogenic character design, like Braathens for example.

Artaud Terranova

Another high risk - high reward card.
You need to prepare him with Emhyr, Fergus, Mage Torturer or even Palmerin.
If you draw badly you can not use his deploy.
If you have fitting spying targets he can have intense value dependent on the match up.
Untill now my favorite

Regarding design:
He is described " as a fat short man with bad breath" (https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Artaud_Terranova) . So I think that the designers did a good job. Also would not call him an antagonist. He joined NG as he was against a massacre against dwarfs/elfs.

Ok, so what options are there for giving Spying at the moment? Fergus in Devotion is definitely the best option right now, can be used for Ball, Seditious Aristocrats, Thirsty Dames and is overall just good value for his cost. Emhyr var Heatwave on the other hand probably still won't see play as he is too risky. Mage Torturer got buffed recently and may be used in Assimilate alongside this dude now. Palmerin is too bad. But I'm pretty sure other options to give Spying will arrive this expansion. If there's like a really good bronze which can do that then Terranova will definitely be at least somewhat op.

i have a question about this card.

Lets say in previous round you used emir and a lot of units have been give spy.

When i use this card, it will show all the units or only 3 as usually happens when you spawn something?

i have a question about this card.

Lets say in previous round you used emir and a lot of units have been give spy.

When i use this card, it will show all the units or only 3 as usually happens when you spawn something?
In theorie, it's the keyword "Create" which give 3 choices, you usually have "create (ie: give 3 choices) and spawn/play something".

So here it should show all previous 'spyified" units, imo.

It does not work like Create; you can choose from ALL cards you've given Spying to during the game. The card has zero RNG involved, which is a major reason why it seems it'll be great.

1626873108801.png

(How long till someone calls it OP? Not long at all, I wager. :giveup: )

Still, you have to set it up. So you have to hold at least Torturer or Fergus in hand and wait for a better option.
Not sure if Emhyr is still viable to play tho.

rrc

Forum veteran
It does not work like Create; you can choose from ALL cards you've given Spying to during the game. The card has zero RNG involved, which is a major reason why it seems it'll be great.

View attachment 11238217

(How long till someone calls it OP? Not long at all, I wager. :giveup: )
If more cards come which can give Spying easily, then this would easily easily become OP. In the current card pool, it is an strong great card which has a price to pay to be usable. This is basically "Play any legendary card your opponent played triggering all assimilate units" for 5 for 12P if giving spying becomes easy and cheap.

I'm expecting a 5 provision NG bronze now that gives spying to all units on a row lol. Just to make sure Terranova isn't tricky to use. :p
Sorry, flashbacks to Blightmaker + Mage Assassin.

Also I've just now realized that the NR unit Voymir (7 prov gold) is also involved in the Thanned Coup (leading the Redanian soldiers to action)!

Last edited:
If more cards come which can give Spying easily, then this would easily easily become OP. In the current card pool, it is an strong great card which has a price to pay to be usable. This is basically "Play any legendary card your opponent played triggering all assimilate units" for 5 for 12P if giving spying becomes easy and cheap.
There's a bronze and two golds already that can give spy status. I think that qualifies as easy and cheap.

Edit: 2* bronzes :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom