GWENT: Price of Power | EP2: Thanedd Coup | Teaser Trailer

+
For those who do not want to watch the video

View attachment 11238643

My comments:

Very match up dependent card. Can be a huge finisher if you face self boosting bronze engine like Hamadryades. Also possible to steal important engine cards in an early round (e.g. SC movement)
As already mentioned in the video it´s possible to lock him when he goes to your opponent. Biggest drawback is probably the missing Zeal.
This cards its ridiculous for only 5 provision.

For those decks which doesnt have much control they will suffer with this card.

Lets say i am pplaying with NR with some boiling oil and bombardment but also with bronze engines wich boost themselves. So i have some control, but not to much. If i face NG i cant use my control cards in opponents gold because i need to save it to deal with a 5p bronze card wich steal my bronze engine in the last round.

Or i am playing with MO with lockers, heatwave and parasite. Depends i will need to use heatwave in a 5p because it will steal my boosted pig, or my boosted larva or something like that.

Come on, thats card its no-sense. One more time devs are making stupid and strong cards wich imbalance all the game and we need to wait one month untill they fix it.

First blightmaker, then sunset wanderes and now master of puppets. And the funny thing, all of them are NG or fit well in NG (sunset)
Post automatically merged:

And the problem of that tipe of card they kill engine decks.

And since neither in "practice" we have a phylter to not face a faction, no one will be using deck engines with the fear to face that only 5 provision card.

So with this card devs are saying - WE DONT WHANT ENGINES, WE WHANT ONLY DEPLOY AND CONTROL CARDS".

Why not create only eploy and control cards than? That card its the stupid thing i have ever see

Last edited:
This cards its ridiculous for only 5 provision.

For those decks which doesnt have much control they will suffer with this card.

Lets say i am pplaying with NR with some boiling oil and bombardment but also with bronze engines wich boost themselves. So i have some control, but not to much. If i face NG i cant use my control cards in opponents gold because i need to save it to deal with a 5p bronze card wich steal my bronze engine in the last round.

Or i am playing with MO with lockers, heatwave and parasite. Depends i will need to use heatwave in a 5p because it will steal my boosted pig, or my boosted larva or something like that.

Come on, thats card its no-sense. One more time devs are making stupid and strong cards wich imbalance all the game and we need to wait one month untill they fix it.

First blightmaker, then sunset wanderes and now master of puppets. And the funny thing, all of them are NG or fit well in NG (sunset)

And the problem of that tipe of card they kill engine decks.

And since neither in "practice" we have a phylter to not face a faction, no one will be using deck engines with the fear to face that only 5 provision card.

So with this card devs are saying - WE DONT WHANT ENGINES, WE WHANT ONLY DEPLOY AND CONTROL CARDS".

Why not create only eploy and control cards than? That card its the stupid thing i have ever see
If this card becomes meta, then we will for sure have an even more control heavy game than we have now. That, or, the meta will shift to playing bronzes that don't go tall, which I doubt it. This card screams removal. And it just reinforces how toxic NG is as a faction.

What I want to know is who controls it once the countdown expires on the other side of the board?
The opponent, naturally. So they can steal whatever Bronze right back -- wherein lies a drawback of the card.

It's not a straight-forward card, similarly to Turncoat. Requires thinking for optimal play.

If this card becomes meta, then we will for sure have an even more control heavy game than we have now. That, or, the meta will shift to playing bronzes that don't go tall, which I doubt it. This card screams removal. And it just reinforces how toxic NG is as a faction.
Of course it will be meta.

A 5p card that will be the target of the control cards. So the player can put his golds easily and not be countered, because the opponent needs to use his counters in this stupid card.

Or, if the opponents counter the gold ones, this stupid card can play for even more than gold cards.

Trade for a great swrord? Thats 16 points.
Trade for a gaen cann? Thats 14 points.

Trade for see jackal boosted sometime? Thats a lof of points, same goes to hamadryad, the MO pig, and other bronze eengine cards that can go tall but need a lot of rounds to do it.

So, with only 2 turns the opponent steal your engine you needed the entire round to boost it.

And, remember, or you used your control cards to deal with the gold cards, or you save the control cards for a 5p card and the golds are ok

Last edited:
The opponent, naturally. So they can steal whatever Bronze right back -- wherein lies a drawback of the card.

It's not a straight-forward card, similarly to Turncoat. Requires thinking for optimal play.
Yeah, it's kind of end-of-round, finisher card, but also an order without zeal, so has to be protected. Still, potentially very swingy and like people said, very oppressive for decks without a lot of control cards.

rrc

Forum veteran
The fact that this card goes to opponent with a cooldown is actually a brilliant design. You can't simply put this card in your deck and simply play like a point-slam card. You need to have some control in hand (Imprisonment and Imposter has built in synergy with this card), otherwise, the opponent can seize it back in 2 turns. NR can use their 4P special (or 5P?) which can reduce the cooldown immediately and get their engine back (unless leader is involved from NG).

This card will keep SY and MO on the verge as they should have a control in hand or they are pretty much screwed. I really like this card design. Pretty powerful, and at the same time, not lame/point-slam. NG has million different ways to control this card, but if not used properly, this can become a 4 point play in the end.

It is too early to see how many different ways this can be used. But creativity is the limit for this card. This card can single-handedly require people to use their 4P 4 damage faction card (and for ST, to add Dimiridium Bomb).

From my perspective I do not share the fear that this card becomes OP. One could argue that it should cost 6 provisions, but I think we should give it a fair chance.
Actually he really is a double agent and he will have very limited value if you face deck who do not have fitting bronze units as targets.

He fits so smoothly within the whole NG archetype benefitting from interacting with your opponent deck/opponent strategy.

Of course it will be meta.

A 5p card that will be the target of the control cards. So the player can put his golds easily and not be countered, because the opponent needs to use his counters in this stupid card.

Or, if the opponents counter the gold ones, this stupid card can play for even more than gold cards.

Trade for a great swrord? Thats 12 points.
Trade for a gaen cann? Thats 10 points.

Trade for see jackal boosted sometime? Thats a lof of points, same goes to hamadryad, the MO pig, and other bronze eengine cards that can go tall but need a lot of rounds to do it.

So, with only 2 turns the opponent steal your engine you needed the entire round to boost it.

And, remember, or you used your control cards to deal with the gold cards, or you save the control cards for a 5p card and the golds are ok

For a Greatsword it´s 6 point plus as you exchange the cards. I think it´s not that easy to clog your opponent board full of spies. Ok, if you play against swarm, but then he might not find valuable bronzes.

Can't wait to use it after clogging the opposite row with spies, so that Master can't swap sides and becomes a Seize engine ins

From my perspective I do not share the fear that this card becomes OP. One could argue that it should cost 6 provisions, but I think we should give it a fair chance.
Actually he really is a double agent and he will have very limited value if you face deck who do not have fitting bronze units as targets.

He fits so smoothly within the whole NG archetype benefitting from interacting with your opponent deck/opponent strategy.

For a Greatsword it´s 6 point plus as you exchange the cards. I think it´s not that easy to clog your opponent board full of spies. Ok, if you play against swarm, but then he might not find valuable bronzes.
In fact i was wrong and edited my post.

For GS its 16 points.

You will be with 10 points on the board and deny 6 points (since it will go to the opposito row).

Same for Gae Cann wich value 14 points.

You will be with 9 points and deny 5 .

A stupid 5 provision card that, without to much setup, can have a huge value. Any 7 points card you seise its already 10 points.

One boost in a see jackal already gives that. 2 turns pig already gives that. Any consume card already gives that (consume cards are the worst).

3 turns to a single engine already gives 7 points.

This card its extremly op.

Of course there is other situations that the value its only 4 or 6 points, but for those kind of decks you just mulligan this card, and for 5 provision its too cheap to mulligan it out

EDIT: and you dont even need to have the card. Just the fact the opponent is playing against NG he can thinks the player has this card and dont use his bronze engines or save some control for a M puppets finisher.

NR can use their 4P special (or 5P?) which can reduce the cooldown immediately and get their engine back (unless leader is involved from NG).
You probably don't want to use Winch on him because it would additionally boost him by 5 making him a 9 strength (if undamaged) unit that would switch sides.

Last but not least:
1626962419649.png

For GS its 16 points.

You will be with 10 points on the board and deny 6 points (since it will go to the opposito row).

Same for Gae Cann wich value 14 points.

You will be with 9 points and deny 5 .

A stupid 5 provision card that, without to much setup, can have a huge value. Any 7 points card you seise its already 10 points.

One boost in a see jackal already gives that. 2 turns pig already gives that. Any consume card already gives that (consume cards are the worst).

3 turns to a single engine already gives 7 points.

This card its extremly op.

Of course there is other situations that the value its only 4 or 6 points, but for those kind of decks you just mulligan this card, and for 5 provision its too cheap to mulligan it out

EDIT: and you dont even need to have the card. Just the fact the opponent is playing against NG he can thinks the player has this card and dont use his bronze engines or save some control for a M puppets finisher.
OK, explain again how GS is 16. At full, you gain 10 point card, but give 4 point card to opponent, so the difference is 6[edit]x2*?

Ah, yes, finally some thinning support for old NG :D

Last edited:

For GS its 16 points.
I believe you are wrong. You stole him 10 points, so that means you gain 20. But you are giving him 4 points, so he gains 8. The difference es 12, which is not bad for a 5p card.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Fercart into Dead Man's Tongue seems pretty good. Three thinning, and Fercart provides a body for the boost.
Chains also possible; Fercart into a tutor into a tutor into a something else. I bet people will try to make long chains with him just for the meme.

A better Dandelion: Poet; Fercart is conditional but also way cheaper, plus he has spy synergy and is an engine of sorts.

All in all, these new cards look great (and I couldn't care less what some people say about them). Looking forward to trying them out.

I believe you are wrong. You stole him 10 points, so that means you gain 20. But you are giving him 4 points, so he gains 8. The difference es 12, which is not bad for a 5p card.
Not really, if you count him switching sides twice for his 4 point body you already counted him as being 4 points on your side, so it would be 4 + 10 + 10 - 4 -4 = 16.
The ability is indeed giving you 12 points on a 10 point GS, however you also already have the 4 point body, so the play is still worth 16 points.

Not really, if you count him switching sides twice for his 4 point body you already counted him as being 4 points on your side, so it would be 4 + 10 + 10 - 4 -4 = 16.
The ability is indeed giving you 12 points on a 10 point GS, however you also already have the 4 point body, so the play is still worth 16 points.
Oh yes. I did the Maths and you both were right; my mistake.

The play on a 10 power GS in total, Puppet Master vs GS, 1v1, mono a mono IS 12 points of value total if the order goes off lol.
Think about it:
Enemy has 10 points
You have 4

After yoinking now you switch places so now you have 10 and enemy has 4.
Since you now got up from 4 to 10, you gained 6 points.
Since enemy went down from 10 to 4, he lost 6 points.
IN TOTAL, you've just made a 12 point difference by playing PM and using his order. :]

Top Bottom