GWENT: Price of Power | EP2: Thanedd Coup | Teaser Trailer

+
[...] So let me get to a real game.

When you will use a double rebuke? In first round and only have another rebuke with forest protector? Or in last round and play first and second round without rebuke? Also withthe possibility one of the rebukes stay in your hand in the final mulligan and brick it

I mean, i am not a SC lover, but i have to agree with RCC, those new cards makes non sense in comparation with other faction's cards
Siege ?
In general if you leave an engine alive for a turn you can kill it + another engine and you cannot deny the amount of points you get from this with Symbiosis.
Tempering would also be 12 points + double Symbiosis + carryover on Gord.

rrc

Forum veteran
Yes, double tutors are really terrible, of course.

If this was a NG card people would be calling it OP. :rolleyes:
At 10P with 4 or 5 strength body, it would be a great card. At 12P with 2 strength it is mediocre at best. I would be happy if ST had got NG's Legendary equivalent (playing for 5, triggering all Assimilate engines, the best card the opponent has played in all three rounds which is suitable in the given scenario) and NG has got this (play two copies of bronze cards from the deck for 2 strength and 12P).
I see various use cases for Simlas:
Double Bone Talisman in swarm
Double Devil's Puffball in poison decks
Double Nature's Rebuke as a strong control tool
Double Nature cards for symbiosis
Adding two Bone Talisman with the hope that you manage to swarm the board in R3, having him in the hand and having both of the bone talisman in the deck.. is the definition of contrived. When you add two cards for 14P, you lose the strength to swarm effectively.

There are no poison decks in ST. Even otherwise, to kill a single unit with two PuffBalls having them in deck is just an over kill. If the units are really too tall, Headwave would be better. Also, you can't add more than one potential copies of a bronze card with the hope that you can pull it off with him. He should be created a deck around with one of the specials which will give him good value and you should pull it off.

Double Nature's Rebuke? You would wait for two engines to be played so that you can play him? Two rebuke to kill two units on board to play for 12 for 12? And that is somehow strong? Freakshow can wipe out two engines pretty easily with much less commitment and he is a stupid 6P card.

What nature cards? Which nature card is worth playing two copies to have good value from a 12P card?
What are you talking about ???
Every other faction would kill to get this.
This is Ithlinne from Open Beta (except that she only pulled one and created the other).
Double Rebuke is not a joke ... with the deathblows alone this can be a 16 for 12 ... plus removal value ... and triggering Symbiosis twice ...

This might be the strongest card from the second wave (thus far).

Edit: I assume this is her father ... I guess her father was always better than her, so the card is quite true to that.
Seriously? How do think this is such a card that other factions will kill to get it? If it is any two bronze cards, it would be better. But even then 2 for 12P is already powercrept. If this was an SK, it would be at least 6 strength. Playing two rebuke from him seems meh. Playing two puffball horrible value. Playing two Talisman is the only case this can be strong. But still I feel it is contrived. You shouldn't have any other mulligan heavy card.

Ideally you would want to play him in R3 and in R3, you should have the special in your deck and him in your hand. I don't know, but this seems too clumsy and almost memey. If you want to play two Lacrerte, you can't add two Talisman and vice versa. You should have one pair in mind and build the deck around it and you should pull it off. Seems too clumsy.

May be I am overreacting. Maybe this card is not absolute crap, but is only mildly crappy and is playable. May be the epic will add copies of a bronze card in your deck. May be the other rare bronze to be revealed is really worth it to play two copies from him. I wouldn't call it horrible if it was "any" two cards. Lets wait for the other two cards and hope they make this card good.
Post automatically merged:

Hmm. Wonder if there'll be a new Scoia card that copies specials to the deck to go with this. . .
I hope the epic does this.. something like, play a copy of a bronze card from your deck and shuffle the copy back to deck.. that would be cool.. way too cool to be an ST card. Perhaps CDPR will surprise us with such a good card?

Or I would ask my NG comrades to use their scenario to help us. We will play Triss to play a copy of our bronze and the NG opponent should use their scenario's order ability to shuffle the copy back so that we can use our Legendary for a good value? :p;)

Last edited:
The Legendary might see use as a thinning play in a NG + Gord deck. Get rid of 2 Tempering so he plays for 14 points with thinning.
Kind of like Portal + Bear Adepts.

At 10P with 4 or 5 strength body, it would be a great card. At 12P with 2 strength it is mediocre at best. I would be happy if ST had got NG's Legendary equivalent (playing for 5, triggering all Assimilate engines, the best card the opponent has played in all three rounds which is suitable in the given scenario) and NG has got this (play two copies of bronze cards from the deck for 2 strength and 12P).

[...]

Seriously? How do think this is such a card that other factions will kill to get it? If it is any two bronze cards, it would be better. But even then 2 for 12P is already powercrept. If this was an SK, it would be at least 6 strength. Playing two rebuke from him seems meh. Playing two puffball horrible value. Playing two Talisman is the only case this can be strong. But still I feel it is contrived. You shouldn't have any other mulligan heavy card.

Ideally you would want to play him in R3 and in R3, you should have the special in your deck and him in your hand. I don't know, but this seems too clumsy and almost memey. If you want to play two Lacrerte, you can't add two Talisman and vice versa. You should have one pair in mind and build the deck around it and you should pull it off. Seems too clumsy.
So you are counting Assimilate engines on the board, however refuse to count Symbiosis engines (which you trigger twice instead of just onec like the new NG legendary) ?
Also if you have a dryad on board playing 2 copies of Dryads Caress is already worth 16 for 12 (with Nature's Gift).

It is thinning, good value, double triggering Gord, spreading its value and has potential with additional copies one can create.

if it was any 2 bronze cards it would be stronger than Eist.

rrc

Forum veteran
So you are counting Assimilate engines on the board, however refuse to count Symbiosis engines (which you trigger twice instead of just onec like the new NG legendary) ?
Assimilate trigger is bonus from NG legendary. He would play for 5+opponent's strongest card played in all 3 rounds. If he gets professor or junior or even Vernossil it is already 15+ on deploy and he is an engine himself. Even if there are no assimilate cards that is 15+ on deploy with him being an engine and there are no issues in using him. Be it small round or long round he will have great value and super flexible.

It is thinning, good value, double triggering Gord, spreading its value and has potential with additional copies one can create.
I agree, it helps in Gord. Gord can get massive value with all the special card support. So, assuming we play Gord, he gets +2 points for him, but it is not as flexible though. You shouldn't play any of the potential pairs and you shouldn't draw them too. It feels a little clumsy.
if it was any 2 bronze cards it would be stronger than Eist.
Eist with Leader plays for 30+ points. How is any card close to it? Currently no one is playing Eist because RF gives too much pointslam with Megascope for 10 points and portal and BoG+Eist needs devotion. I still consider Eist's point slam potential is unmatched by any other card in the game, on deploy.

I agree that the more I think about it, this card is not absolutely horrible as I initially thought due to the frustrating current ST state. But it is still contrived and clumsy and can brick and only play a single bronze special card in many games. We will have to wait and see. I will revisit and revise my opinion after tomorrow's reveal.

The fact that you can so easily brick the ST legendary makes it very bad imo lol, imagine drawing one of the two copies and now your 12 prov card is a tutor for a bronze special + 2 points. :p
The ST bronze, Elven Seer, well this is... just meh, I guess it exists for the same reason all other recent ST cards do, and that's to serve Gord and give him value cuz Gord is the lord.
There's just nothing interesting about these cards to me... they don't offer interesting mechanics, just more ways to play more copies of the already existing stuff.

There will almost certainly be a way to get more than two copies of a bronze special card in your deck. So I'm positive this legendary is a very good one, it provides thinning, triggers Symbiosis (how many times is still unclear) and plays for good tempo while not going tall.

rrc

Forum veteran
There will almost certainly be a way to get more than two copies of a bronze special card in your deck.
You mean, you are guessing that the Epic to be revealed will have such ability? If so, this card will actually become good. In the current card pool, I don't know how you can get more than two copies of a bronze special card in the deck for him to play.

[Please don't say 'Play Vanadain in R1/R2 and get two Waylays while already having two Waylays in deck and in R3, mulligan those two Waylays and not drawing the deck Waylays and play all 4 and get 26 points swing (4x6 - all getting deathblow) + 2. Apart from this horrible horrible way, I don't know how else to get more than 2 copies of a bronze special card in the deck]

The fact that you can so easily brick the ST legendary makes it very bad imo lol, imagine drawing one of the two copies and now your 12 prov card is a tutor for a bronze special + 2 points. :p
The ST bronze, Elven Seer, well this is... just meh, I guess it exists for the same reason all other recent ST cards do, and that's to serve Gord and give him value cuz Gord is the lord.
There's just nothing interesting about these cards to me... they don't offer interesting mechanics, just more ways to play more copies of the already existing stuff.
I get the idea, however that is like saying that the Novigradian Justice + Mahakam Volunteer package was trash (before the nerf to require a dwarf), given that it can brick and Justice was 4+5+4=13 points for 12 provisions (which mills 2 4p cards).
Simlas on Tempering is a 12 for 12 (which thins 2 4p cards), which triggers Symbiosis twice (you can also use the second Tempering on the token) and gives carryover to Gord, not to mention that if you run him in Nature's Gift you will have multiple bronze Specials you want to run, which he can pull.

Assimilate trigger is bonus from NG legendary. He would play for 5+opponent's strongest card played in all 3 rounds. If he gets professor or junior or even Vernossil it is already 15+ on deploy and he is an engine himself. Even if there are no assimilate cards that is 15+ on deploy with him being an engine and there are no issues in using him. Be it small round or long round he will have great value and super flexible.
[...]
I see, I assumed you meant that he triggers assimilate from other cards.
The issue with Artaud is that you need the opponent to have already played a non-synergistic gold card and then put spying on that.
Simlas will also always at the very least 14 points if you play him with Tempering and Nature's Gift.

[...]
I agree, it helps in Gord. Gord can get massive value with all the special card support. So, assuming we play Gord, he gets +2 points for him, but it is not as flexible though. You shouldn't play any of the potential pairs and you shouldn't draw them too. It feels a little clumsy.
[...]
Not really, only one pairs needs to be untouched.

[...]
Eist with Leader plays for 30+ points. How is any card close to it? Currently no one is playing Eist because RF gives too much pointslam with Megascope for 10 points and portal and BoG+Eist needs devotion. I still consider Eist's point slam potential is unmatched by any other card in the game, on deploy.

I agree that the more I think about it, this card is not absolutely horrible as I initially thought due to the frustrating current ST state. But it is still contrived and clumsy and can brick and only play a single bronze special card in many games. We will have to wait and see. I will revisit and revise my opinion after tomorrow's reveal.
If you count the leader's order to Eists points that is an unfair comparison (although the milling can be added).
Using Eist (in Round 3) + Jutta + discarding Bear Witcher is 25 points (27 with GS, however Warriors tend to not run GS anymore).
I agree that that is a lot, however the issue with Eist is that he plays multiple seperate cards, which would be the same if Simlas could pull bronze units.
If you fail to get the Bloodthirst 3 Eist will also only play for 17 points, while Simlas would always play multiple cards that need to be answered immediately (which is the reason why leaders that re-play cards no longer exist).

I can understand why you are frustrated after the last carddrop (especially since the only then good card ST got was Dol Blathanna Sorceress and that card lacks synergy with any of the then released cards), however Simlas is a good card.

You mean, you are guessing that the Epic to be revealed will have such ability? If so, this card will actually become good. In the current card pool, I don't know how you can get more than two copies of a bronze special card in the deck for him to play.

[Please don't say 'Play Vanadain in R1/R2 and get two Waylays while already having two Waylays in deck and in R3, mulligan those two Waylays and not drawing the deck Waylays and play all 4 and get 26 points swing (4x6 - all getting deathblow) + 2. Apart from this horrible horrible way, I don't know how else to get more than 2 copies of a bronze special card in the deck]
An option would be a card that shuffles all copies of a bronze Special into one's deck (like Pavetta).
With Forest Protector one would be able to pull 3 Tempering/Rebuke or 5 Waylays (also if you pull 4 Waylays you should assume to get the deathblow twice, so I would rather call that a 20 point play).
Edit: Nvm, Forest Protector does not spawn another copy, however with Sorceress of Dol Blathanna and Elven Seer one could get up to 6 (7 with Mahakam Forge) copies (Sorceress 2, Seer 2) of Tempering or Caress. That would be insane, with Nature's Gift one could rival the Round 3 swarming (and single card pointslam) of Blue Stripes.

There will almost certainly be a way to get more than two copies of a bronze special card in your deck. So I'm positive this legendary is a very good one, it provides thinning, triggers Symbiosis (how many times is still unclear) and plays for good tempo while not going tall.
I am pretty sure that, since those are cards and they are stated to be played, that they are placed on the stack and resolved in sequence (similar to the Ermion into Gedyneith interaction).

Last edited:
I totally expected them to bring back old Ithlinne after it was clear the ST theme would be Spella'tael. This legendary is really strong imho. there is going to be a Scoia'tael comeback.

Introducing absolute [...] horrible Legendaray on par with ST standard:

View attachment 11238970

At this point, I think CDPR deliberately wants to make fun of ST players :coolstory:
The art is awesome though.
might be a bit of a quick call. funnily enough I think this card is supposed to be played with Vanadain and 2 waylays so you can play 4 waylays in 1 turn (mix them back with snowdrop for example).
(edit: oh wow just saw literally my predecessor's post said the same lmao)

Is nobody seeing that Elven Seer + Simlas is a straight combo?
You get 3 special cards in one time and if they're nature cards you get 3 small treants as well ('cause most commonly Spella'tel is played with Nature's Gift).
That's advanced combo playing how it should work for all factions...

Holy crap, Simlas is just terrible. This is our legendary? I have to build the deck around this 12p card, Vanadian and Snowdrop, just so I can occasionally pull off a "combo" of playing 4 bad bronze cards at once? And to those who are saying we're getting old Ithlinne here: uh, no, we aren't. You can't use this guy with rebuke, because you have to have rebuke in hand for quick situational removal. You can't wait for two targets to be on the board to use it. First of all, Welcome to Brick City, but that aside you'll either be playing this guy for 7 or using 2 rebukes to remove one engine.
Yeah, It thins, which is nice, but since you can't in your right mind use it with rebuke, you have to thin garbage, so for 12p you're thinning 2 temperings (or 2 caresses, if you don't care about purify and just want to use them for stupid tall points). Whooptie-do it's 12 for 12! IF you're lucky and don't brick it. Yay, plus GREAT "synergy" of extra 2 points with Nature's Gift leader AND extra 1 point towards Gordo. Also, great charity of creating nice tall targets for the new NG 5p bronze to seize, together with that shiny new Seer. Wow, I'm blown away, honestly.

Basically, if the next reveal isn't a card that adds 2 copies of a bronze special of choice to the deck, Simlas might just be the card that makes me take a break. In fact, it might be that even with that reveal. I'm not convinced it's salvageable at all.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
What? This Elven dude is potentially a broken card that at least needs to be limited by ST specials.
I think we should take the discussion about this card to a new thread.. I will think about creating a new thread. But why would you think this is broken? Which bronze specials will make him broken? You do realize that he can be clumsy during mulligan phase where you need two of the bronze special you want to use him with should be in the deck in R3 (or R2 if you are trying and failing for a 2-0). You can add Call Of Forest and Fauve to have more guarantee to play him, but the pair of bronze should be in deck and if you draw one you are going to act like a 12P tutor for a bronze special.

I think this can be avoided by having multiple specials in the deck so that if one gets screwed the other can be played, but the backup will never be as good as the main special you had in mind and built the deck for.

As @InkognitoXI keep repeating, even playing two Nature cards even if they are 4P like Dryad Caress or tempering can get 14 points (with Nature's Gift) and this puts +2 for Gord and effectively 16 points (provided you manage to play Gord too). Which is not very horrible as I initially thought. But is 14 for 12 too broken?

Outside of Nature card, I can only think of two other Neutrals which can be good. Lacerate, and Talisman. Lacerate is meta dependent and if people go too wide and it becomes meta, this can play for huge swings doing 4 damage to all units on a row. Talisman is how you build the deck. You try either elf swarm or treant swarm (Gift) and play both Talisman for a huge swing. Puffball is not even meme worthy. Using a 12P gold and two other 6P card to kill one unit? Of course, it would look funny, sadly in your opponent's PoV.

If you build the deck for this specific purpose, drawing one of them will completely ruin it and you should be very careful during mulligan phase and I kind of feel like this will fail at least one in three games.

Again, only time can tell. While my initial opinion was that this was a horrible card, I now feel like this is an OK card which is clumsy to use to get moderate value (sorry I don't feel like 14 for 12 is a good value in this era. 4P cards play for 10 points now)

rrc

Forum veteran
Hmmm... I can see Vanadain + Snowdrop being a nice setup for Simlas.

Simlas might also make it a lot easier to get Francesca to trigger.

Definitely going to be fun to play with for a few days. :p
If your purpose is to play this combo once and show it in youtube, then yes, this can has the meme potential. But honestly? You want to play Vanadain which is a horrible card to play Waylay another "one of the worst 4P faction card in the game' and to make this all worth play Snowdrop who will end up with 6 points on board? To pull off 4 Waylays? Vanadain will be locked/killed by that time you are going to play this and you will play for what? 2 + 3x3 and assuming at least one deathblow 14 points? That is not even laughable. It is just plain sad.
might be a bit of a quick call. funnily enough I think this card is supposed to be played with Vanadain and 2 waylays so you can play 4 waylays in 1 turn (mix them back with snowdrop for example).
(edit: oh wow just saw literally my predecessor's post said the same lmao)
Quick call may be, yes. It is not absolutely horrible. It is just an OK card. But ST has been getting these kind of OK/playable-if-you-have-to cards and it is not going to help a faction which is already in the deep end of the dumpster.
Post automatically merged:

I said potentially. Because playing multiple cards in one turn may lead to dangerous combos.
Even now, for me, this card seems strong. I mean, calling it horrible also doesn't seem right.
We need to see other reveals and try this card in action. :)
What combo? It is not playing any two bronze cards, if that was the case, this card would have been really good. You need to have both the copies of the bronze in deck and there are no "combos" with playing the same bronze special twice. Lets take the discussion out of this thread. Please give me some time. I will create a thread to discuss this card.

Top Bottom