GWENT: Price of Power | EP2: Thanedd Coup | Teaser Trailer

+
Can I find a page somewhere on which you can see where to find the next reveal? I mean, I look at the official twitter page, but it lacks info. And the normal site is way slower to upload the new cards. I want to watch the true reveal live from the streamers like PlainTalkJon, Specimen, Bushy or Fuchsia Briefs etc...

Could you explain these simple ways? Apart from an Iniari premier on YouTube I haven't figured it out yet. Or am I just stupid? 😅

When Cat Witchers were revealed I said in the forum that it was one of the best cards revealed. It lived for one month in the good state and got immediately nerfed in the next patch and made it so-and-so. The movement archetype was good and viable and competitive for one month before making it Tier 4 or plus.

Getting value from Gezras is not as easy as other Legendary cards. Gezras needs a long round, needs units to live. And if you don't already know, ST can never match ANY faction in a long round as all their engines are subpar to other faction engines (they are all combo based.. needs multiple engines to live to get value and remove one of them, the efficiency of the engines become sub-par). Koshey has Adrenaline of 4 and both Cat Witcher and Gezras has Adrenaline 3 :giveup:

Geatan was considered broken (I constantly refuted those claims and where is he now? When did you see Cat Witcher Mentor? Sabouter and even Adept)? Take Fransesca.. she needs 3 special cards to be played to get value and I had played her at least 25+ times before giving up and she barely managed to survive in 2 or 3 games. The 5P card that plays a special card can't be added in deck unless you have ways to boost her.. one damage and she is dead. I can keep adding more.. but ST cards have to strive hard to get values other factions can easily get.
I'm pretty sure that movement was viable for more than only one season, ST had one of the best long rounds back then. You're right about its current state though. There's not much long round potential, the only thing ST can do at the moment is push and drop Gord or other finishers.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Can I find a page somewhere on which you can see where to find the next reveal? I mean, I look at the official twitter page, but it lacks info. And the normal site is way slower to upload the new cards. I want to watch the true reveal live from the streamers like PlainTalkJon, Specimen, Bushy or Fuchsia Briefs etc...

The list of partners who got a reveal was announced on TWIG of last week, on a draft show.

Like other users pointed out, after a reveal, it quickly gets shared here on this forum.

On the partners discord, someone requested for the partners who got a reveal to share this information you're asking - when they are scheduled to make a reveal, unfortunately so far there havent been many replies, i will share here what was posted by GabbyDigs (hope its OK with her):

I'll update if anything changes, but my plan is to reveal my card on Sunday night 9pm pacific / Monday morning 6am cest. First on stream and shortly after share the image on twitter.

I'm pretty sure that movement was viable for more than only one season, ST had one of the best long rounds back then. You're right about its current state though. There's not much long round potential, the only thing ST can do at the moment is push and drop Gord or other finishers.
"Viable" is a pretty vague term, but in terms of gwent meta, actual Movement Deck wtih GT was NEVER top tier, not even season 1 after the wotw came out. Gezras made it in with the bronze movement package of cat witcher/sentinel/matron for ONE season and that was as part of the DEADEYE AMBUSH deck that has been the only consistently meta-"viable" ST deck since they nerfed Harmony. Then the cat witcher was nerfed after one month, and the bronze movement package departed the top-tiers of the meta, leaving only Gezras - again, in a Deadeye deck - for another one month. And after that came Eldain and took Gezras's spot. That's it. That's the sad little story of ST Movement meta adventures.

EDIT: Speaking of meta reports, I recommend Team Elder Blood as a great read this month. The "edit" section of the overview is especially hilarious (and true):

Edit1. Our Editors pointed out that we have probably missed something in this review.

Edit2. After careful re-reading and re-analyzing, we have added the Wanderers part.

Edit3. Our pro-players have noted that there were once 6 factions in Gwent.

Edit4. We have all come to a conclusion that Patch 9.1 most likely completely removed Scoia’tael, as neither we play those decks, nor can we see them anywhere on the ladder.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
"Viable" is a pretty vague term, but in terms of gwent meta, actual Movement Deck wtih GT was NEVER top tier, not even season 1 after the wotw came out. Gezras made it in with the bronze movement package of cat witcher/sentinel/matron for ONE season and that was as part of the DEADEYE AMBUSH deck that has been the only consistently meta-"viable" ST deck since they nerfed Harmony. Then the cat witcher was nerfed after one month, and the bronze movement package departed the top-tiers of the meta, leaving only Gezras - again, in a Deadeye deck - for another one month. And after that came Eldain and took Gezras's spot. That's it. That's the sad little story of ST Movement meta adventures.

EDIT: Speaking of meta reports, I recommend Team Elder Blood as a great read this month. The "edit" section of the overview is especially hilarious (and true):
Still doesn't mean that WotW cards were bad, Gezras and Cat Witcher made Sentinels and Matrons viable. Of course a whole movement deck wasn't incredibly good, but you also don't see full aristocrats for NG simply because there are better cards they synergise with. Forest Protector and Nature's Gift are two other legendaries which still see a lot of play in ST. The problem now is just that they got horrible cards in the most recent expansion and simply can't compete with the aggressive meta. On top of that ST's leaders didn't get any notable buffs in the last time.

Still doesn't mean that WotW cards were bad, Gezras and Cat Witcher made Sentinels and Matrons viable. Of course a whole movement deck wasn't incredibly good, but you also don't see full aristocrats for NG simply because there are better cards they synergise with. Forest Protector and Nature's Gift are two other legendaries which still see a lot of play in ST. The problem now is just that they got horrible cards in the most recent expansion and simply can't compete with the aggressive meta. On top of that ST's leaders didn't get any notable buffs in the last time.
Nobody says Gezras and Cat Witcher weren't good cards (though the cat witcher most certain did not need instant nerfing). You said "movement" was viable for more than one season, which was incorrect. Nature's Gift is not a legendary, so not sure what you mean there, but as for Forest Protector, that's actually a good example of what cards are considered "good" for ST: 11p that plays for 10 before synergies and other card effects, such as Rebuke's deathblow. And everybody - including us, ST players - agree: Forest Protector is one of the best ST cards. And that's ST standard, basically. Eithne: 10 for 12 in R3, before engine work. Echo card, 8 for 9, straight tall points. Saskia 10 for 11. Simlas: a very brickable, awkward 12 for 12. And yeah, you can force a Talisman or Lacerate in, but that means you have to find space for 2 7p bronzes in your deck, and your Nature's Gift synergy is out of the window, so you lose Sym points while gaining any swarm or anti-swarm potential. Even more awkward. Meanwhile, NG can now have that Simlas, play two Imperial Diplomacies or Coated Weapons from their own deck, PLUS put 4 points and an assimilate engine on the board, all on deploy, lol. It's cool though, because they have to give it spying first.

Last edited:
Nobody says Gezras and Cat Witcher weren't good cards (though the cat witcher most certain did not need instant nerfing). You said "movement" was viable for more than one season, which was incorrect. Nature's Gift is not a legendary, so not sure what you mean there, but as for Forest Protector, that's actually a good example of what cards are considered "good" for ST: 11p that plays for 10 before synergies and other card effects, such as Rebuke's deathblow. And everybody - including us, ST players - agree: Forest Protector is one of the best ST cards. And that's ST standard, basically. Eithne: 10 for 12 in R3, before engine work. Echo card, 8 for 9, straight tall points. Saskia 10 for 11. Simlas: a very brickable, awkward 12 for 12. And yeah, you can force a Talisman or Lacerate in, but that means you have to find space for 2 7p bronzes in your deck, and your Nature's Gift synergy is out of the window, so you lose Sym points while gaining any swarm or anti-swarm potential. Even more awkward. Meanwhile, NG can now have that Simlas, play two Imperial Diplomacies or Coated Weapons from their own deck, PLUS put 4 points and an assimilate engine on the board, all on deploy, lol. It's cool though, because they have to give it spying first.
"Movement" doesn't mean the whole deck has to be about it, but a good part back then included a bunch of "Move" cards which, in my opinion, counts as "Movement" as an archetype being viable. And sorry my bad, I meant Shaping Nature, not Nature's Gift, I sometimes confuse those two names ^^ Forest Protector generally is a good card (not only because ST doesn't have anything else), provides additional removal (which is always a bit more costly) and has the synergies you have already mentioned. They used to have Novigradian Justice too which got a more or less deserved nerf as a card on its own, but this sadly only hurt ST while buffing SY.

Regarding SC:

The main idea of the PoP SC is still cards synergizing with specials. I think that it might get a viable strategy but, honestly I am asking myself whether this will be strong enough.

Currently, my SC Spellatel deck is Precision Strike + Francesca (best double heatwave + double tutor) and all the new PoP cards without Vanadain + Madoc package + Sabertoothtiger + some other non removal. It´s not doing bad but also it´s not really competitive.

It´s often stated that Nature´s Gift will be the best synergizing leader. Here I am not sure. Why? Francesca invites you to use strong neutral non-nature cards. Whisperer contains a high risk of board overflooding. Cards like Sorceress of Dol Blathanna and Elven Seer are probably better targets for Dryad Caress than Hamadryads. In the end you will really struggle in deck building. Will you get rid of many symbiosis units? What about the swarm benefitters Gezras and Great Oak? Maybe this deck can be rebuild with Simlas + Double Bone Talisman + Whisperer as swarm benefitters and Gord as Giant Finisher. But I have my doubts whether this will be Meme or really competitive
Adding two Bone Talisman with the hope that you manage to swarm the board in R3, having him in the hand and having both of the bone talisman in the deck.. is the definition of contrived. When you add two cards for 14P, you lose the strength to swarm effectively.

This might be an option for SC Nature´s Gift + Whisperer. Would not even argue that you have to use in r3 as there is a high risk that it bricks. You still can use your Gord as a finisher in round 3.

There are no poison decks in ST. Even otherwise, to kill a single unit with two PuffBalls having them in deck is just an over kill. If the units are really too tall, Headwave would be better. Also, you can't add more than one potential copies of a bronze card with the hope that you can pull it off with him. He should be created a deck around with one of the specials which will give him good value and you should pull it off.

Double Nature's Rebuke? You would wait for two engines to be played so that you can play him? Two rebuke to kill two units on board to play for 12 for 12? And that is somehow strong? Freakshow can wipe out two engines pretty easily with much less commitment and he is a stupid 6P card.

What nature cards? Which nature card is worth playing two copies to have good value from a 12P card?
Seriously? How do think this is such a card that other factions will kill to get it? If it is any two bronze cards, it would be better. But even then 2 for 12P is already powercrept. If this was an SK, it would be at least 6 strength. Playing two rebuke from him seems meh. Playing two puffball horrible value. Playing two Talisman is the only case this can be strong. But still I feel it is contrived. You shouldn't have any other mulligan heavally you would want to play him in R3 and in R3, you should have the special in your deck and him in your hand.

I think a heavy removal Spellatel deck might be an option and you do have some SC poison opprtunities (https://gwent.one/en/cards/?faction=16&v=9.1.0&q=poison). I do not know whether this will be competitive but a lot of removal tools definitely will have some value.

Double playing of Nature´s card of course can also have huge value in symbiosis but I am still asking myself whether Spellatel and Symbiosis is really the best fit.

"Movement" doesn't mean the whole deck has to be about it, but a good part back then included a bunch of "Move" cards which, in my opinion, counts as "Movement" as an archetype being viable. And sorry my bad, I meant Shaping Nature, not Nature's Gift, I sometimes confuse those two names ^^ Forest Protector generally is a good card (not only because ST doesn't have anything else), provides additional removal (which is always a bit more costly) and has the synergies you have already mentioned. They used to have Novigradian Justice too which got a more or less deserved nerf as a card on its own, but this sadly only hurt ST while buffing SY.
I would say "movement" should at least mean Guerilla Tactics leader. If by saying "movement" you meant a few cards that either moved or benefited from movement of other units, then yes, those are still used, but that's not movement "archetype." And as already mentioned, Shaping Nature is not a good card - and an even worse echo card - even though I, personally, still use it in Devotion Nature's Gift, because there's just nothing better. Forest Protector was a good card until Wanderers came along. Now, it's been replaced in pretty much all of my non-devotion decks. Additonal removal it provides can be provided by a 5p Alzur's Thunder, and 12 points it plays for ONLY when the rebuke finds an exact 5-point target is just not anything to write home about from an 11p card. All of the 8-9p cards in an NG hypethin play for 16-18 points in R3, and it's NOT HARD to do when your thinning leaves you 2 cards in the deck. 6p VWM plays for 12 like, all the time. Blightmaker plays for 11. I mean, come on.

• RED Point
I would say "movement" should at least mean Guerilla Tactics leader. If by saying "movement" you meant a few cards that either moved or benefited from movement of other units, then yes, those are still used, but that's not movement "archetype." And as already mentioned, Shaping Nature is not a good card - and an even worse echo card - even though I, personally, still use it in Devotion Nature's Gift, because there's just nothing better. Forest Protector was a good card until Wanderers came along. Now, it's been replaced in pretty much all of my non-devotion decks. Additonal removal it provides can be provided by a 5p Alzur's Thunder, and 12 points it plays for ONLY when the rebuke finds an exact 5-point target is just not anything to write home about from an 11p card. All of the 8-9p cards in an NG hypethin play for 16-18 points in R3, and it's NOT HARD to do when your thinning leaves you 2 cards in the deck. 6p VWM plays for 12 like, all the time. Blightmaker plays for 11. I mean, come on.
Well, looks like we simply don't agree on a lot. All I actually wanted to say is that ST got a lot of great cards in the expansions before Price of Power and had its golden moments. Whether or not you can call a deck with the strongest movement engines "Movement with Deadeye Ambush" or only "Deadeye Ambush" is a matter of taste if you ask me. And if you compare them to NG's cards like Blightmaker and DMT they obviously don't look so good anymore because the overall powercreep is just pretty damn high at the moment and ST really didn't get anything great in this expansion (so far) ^^

Well, looks like we simply don't agree on a lot. All I actually wanted to say is that ST got a lot of great cards in the expansions before Price of Power and had its golden moments. Whether or not you can call a deck with the strongest movement engines "Movement with Deadeye Ambush" or only "Deadeye Ambush" is a matter of taste if you ask me. And if you compare them to NG's cards like Blightmaker and DMT they obviously don't look so good anymore because the overall powercreep is just pretty damn high at the moment and ST really didn't get anything great in this expansion (so far) ^^
Yes, ST got some good cards, but saying "a lot" makes it sound like it got no fewer than any other factions, which is just wrong. Gezras and Gaetan were cool, but Saboteur and Cat Adepts were indisputably BAD cards when they came out. Meanwhile, SK, NR and NG got bronze witchers that were better on every level. ST Cat witcher was good, because it dared to get 2 points per turn after adrenaline 4, but it just HAD to be imemdiately nerfed, while NR 4p witcher did 2 "indestructible" points per turn without adrenaline restrictions, and I guess that was - and IS - totally fine. And then we figure the quartermaster is "too weak" and must have that buff.

And "high" powercreep isnt' some natural disaster that "just happens" and we just have to shrug and roll up the old sleeves. You get the new card powercreep, but then somehow the new ST cards are all "Forest Protectors". Hmm, wonder how that happens?

• RED Point
Yes, ST got some good cards, but saying "a lot" makes it sound like it got no fewer than any other factions, which is just wrong. Gezras and Gaetan were cool, but Saboteur and Cat Adepts were indisputably BAD cards when they came out. Meanwhile, SK, NR and NG got bronze witchers that were better on every level. ST Cat witcher was good, because it dared to get 2 points per turn after adrenaline 4, but it just HAD to be imemdiately nerfed, while NR 4p witcher did 2 "indestructible" points per turn without adrenaline restrictions, and I guess that was - and IS - totally fine. And then we figure the quartermaster is "too weak" and must have that buff.

And "high" powercreep isnt' some natural disaster that "just happens" and we just have to shrug and roll up the old sleeves. You get the new card powercreep, but then somehow the new ST cards are all "Forest Protectors". Hmm, wonder how that happens?
Well yeah you are mostly right about the fact that ST got the worst/hardest to pull-off cards overall in the last few expansions, so it seems that the devs still associate ST with a too dominant position in the meta, or maybe there are indeed factions that simply get more attention than others. I'd say let's wait for the full expansion and then we can always go on whether or not a faction is really at a disadvantage in terms of new cards in the game. So far for me ST has had its nice little share of good moments in the recent meta which could of course still be a little bit higher and no one would complain, unlike let's say SK's. Let's see how the whole expansion turns out for the green faction, maybe they release the best cards for ST at the end, and NG or SY don't get anything useful at all anymore.

• RED Point
unknown.png

Top Bottom