GWENT: Price of Power | EP2: Thanedd Coup | Teaser Trailer

+
Enough SK hate! It’s a case of the weakest faction moaning about the the second weakest being OP.
No, it's a case of the weakest faction moaning about getting no buffs after being dead for two months. Nobody called SK OP, but SK WAS OP for a year and after all the powercreep STILL had Flurry decks that could compete plenty, and now it gets GOOD buffs to delirium and blessing, among others. ST, meanwhile, gets a point to Freixenet, a useless Vanadain "fix" and the ability of Fran to... not doom the 4 point orb she's going to play I guess? Yay! Tier 1, here we come.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I like most of those changes in the "leaked" patch notes. They aren't enough to completely ressurect old archetypes, but the nerfs address a lot of the overtuned cards, and the buffs are targeted at underplayed cards, that also synergize well with the upcoming cards (there's a risk something OP will come out of that, only time will tell).

Some particular cases:

1. The Foltest nerf completely misses the point (just like the attempted Viy nerfs). Making him at 5 strength makes him slightly more vulnerable to cheap removal, but its problem is not that it was hard to counter (if not protected by a defender), its that generated too many points when not countered - that's a prime example of binary checks.

2. The SY nerfs targeted the provisions of the leaders, but cards like Tunnel Drill or Freakshow can still do boardwipes in a single turn like no other faction (not to mention the upcoming Scoundrel to complete this trio...), these are extremely unhealthy to the game and SY will keep reigning until these mechanics are reworked.

3. The nerf to Koschey and Endrega larvae are pretty harsh. Koschey might still remain popular, but i think this might be the death of larvae, which remained the 'best bronze in the game' for what? 2 years now?
I am not basing this solely on the loss of 1 armor, its indirectly nerfed but the context - for example, for SK Delirium can now kill larvae immediately again, and it was buffed to 5pr! Also, the mage infiltrator can remove them again, and while this NG card is never used, its a spy and the spy archetype is getting huge support so it might get into play more.

I like most of those changes in the "leaked" patch notes. They aren't enough to completely ressurect old archetypes, but the nerfs address a lot of the overtuned cards, and the buffs are targeted at underplayed cards, that also synergize well with the upcoming cards (there's a risk something OP will come out of that, only time will tell).

Some particular cases:

1. The Foltest nerf completely misses the point (just like the attempted Viy nerfs). Making him at 5 strength makes him slightly more vulnerable to cheap removal, but its problem is not that it was hard to counter (if not protected by a defender), its that generated too many points when not countered - that's a prime example of binary checks.

2. The SY nerfs targeted the provisions of the leaders, but cards like Tunnel Drill or Freakshow can still do boardwipes in a single turn like no other faction (not to mention the upcoming Scoundrel to complete this trio...), these are extremely unhealthy to the game and SY will keep reigning until these mechanics are reworked.

3. The nerf to Koschey and Endrega larvae are pretty harsh. Koschey might still remain popular, but i think this might be the death of larvae, which remained the 'best bronze in the game' for what? 2 years now?
I am not basing this solely on the loss of 1 armor, its indirectly nerfed but the context - for example, for SK Delirium can now kill larvae immediately again, and it was buffed to 5pr! Also, the mage infiltrator can remove them again, and while this NG card is never used, its a spy and the spy archetype is getting huge support so it might get into play more
They introduced a 6p card which also powercreeps them

Some particular cases:

I am not basing this solely on the loss of 1 armor, its indirectly nerfed but the context - for example, for SK Delirium can now kill larvae immediately again, and it was buffed to 5pr! Also, the mage infiltrator can remove them again, and while this NG card is never used, its a spy and the spy archetype is getting huge support so it might get into play more.
well, i looked to some cards that usually are played in spyes archetetype and i didnt see they change.

Need emhyr who i thought they were going to buff it didnt change.

So i dont think mage infiltrator will be more played next seasonal.

With delirium i agree, a 6 potencial point remove for 5 provision its really good

[...]
[...]
Honestly they should have just put "Counter: 3" on the last ability.

Actually, I appreciate most of the changes. Some remarks

Honestly they should have just put "Counter: 3" on the last ability.
Would prefer that Foltest simply does not boost. This would make commando decks much more challenging to play as you need additional booster for your Commando swarm.

Also agree with you. I am ok with those provision nerfs but would add the following:
-> Freakshow: No cooldown only if there are allied Cutups
-> Tunneldrill: If there are no allied crownsplitters, destroy self
-> I simply would only nerf Koschey as follows: Spawn an Endrega larvae with 1 base strength.

I think the Francesca buff is good, but Orbit is still overpriced. And the whole spellatel archetype (Play as many specials as possible for 1 huge Gord in round 3) appears not convincing for me.

Actually, I appreciate most of the changes. Some remarks

Would prefer that Foltest simply does not boost. This would make commando decks much more challenging to play as you need additional booster for your Commando swarm.
[...]
That was originally the case, back then when Foltest was a meme at best.
I am not sure if making him not worth the effort again would be the best decision.

DRK3

Forum veteran
well, i looked to some cards that usually are played in spyes archetetype and i didnt see they change.

Need emhyr who i thought they were going to buff it didnt change.

So i dont think mage infiltrator will be more played next seasonal.

With delirium i agree, a 6 potencial point remove for 5 provision its really good

No, i didnt mean they are buffing the old spy archetype cards, i just meant the spy archetype is getting support with these new cards (at least 2 of the 4, and one of those is an amazing legendary), which might make all spy cards more viable and popular.

Also agree with you. I am ok with those provision nerfs but would add the following:
-> Freakshow: No cooldown only if there are allied Cutups
-> Tunneldrill: If there are no allied crownsplitters, destroy self
-> I simply would only nerf Koschey as follows: Spawn an Endrega larvae with 1 base strength.

I like the idea of these nerfs to drill and freakshow, to put an extra condition related to their respective gang.
But your particular suggestion on drill wouldnt be much of a setback when the Lined Pockets deck has 2 insanely powerful ways to put 3 adjacent crownsplitters on board: Cleaver and Ferko+Novigrad Justice, that's is one (of many) reasons why the deck is so strong, they can commit one of those on two rounds and threaten with drill, and its almost impossible to wipe that 'crownsplitters pocket' in 1 turn, trust me, i did a lot of thinking and analysis while i was building my anti-meta LP deck.

rrc

Forum veteran
Enough SK hate! It’s a case of the weakest faction moaning about the the second weakest being OP.
SK was not the second weakest faction. It is not the #1 as it used to be, but it was the solid #3 out of the 6 factions. If people have to bring 3 decks to the tournament, it was SY, NG, and SK. If people had to bring 4 decks, it was SY, NG, SK, NR/MO. But ST was dead, literally dead, for last two months. And the devs repeatedly promise that justice will happen to ST with this patch and ST will become really strong and yet we see 3 meaningless change to ST and 10 buffs to SK. Every single patch SK gets 3x more buffs that ST, even when SK was the top faction and ST was the weakest faction.

First two weeks people will try ST, the one deck the devs wanted to promote for ST: The spellatel decks with carry over. But I guarantee that if nothing changes and this is the final list of buffs to ST and the provision cost remain the same as revealed, you wont see a single ST in the Open and the qualifiers this month.

Koschey and Endraga larva geting nerfed? Boo!
God, i hope other MO cards getting a buff, like those immune werewolves nobody plays or idr nobody plays, not only these meh relicts....pfff

Monsters:

• Koschey to 2 armor (was 3)
  • Endrega Larva to 1 armor (was 2)
Post automatically merged:

endraga larva should be back to 5 prov. 4prov

and bring back death shadow

Vampires suck in more than one way.... buff leader please

And the ruehin nobody plays should be 5 str, like succubus

Ruehin was an insectoid-like demon which haunted forests of Malleore some time after the Tridam ultimatum., so it IS a demon....

Last edited:
I was just in deck builder and started dragging cards around. It creates little cards which you can drag and drop into the deck.
Has it always done this? I remember dragging things around before, but I just can't seem to remember whether they were cards.
Anyone have a good recollection? :confused:

BM is very nice Nooooooooo! Being sneakily nerfed already, what a shit game! BOOOOOO!
i was wrong, still op after nerf

Last edited:
It might be nice if they incurred some sort of penalty to Fee on the turn it is played. Order abilities require Zeal if they want to play on Deploy.
Even something like a small "unlocking" Fee that needs to be payed to activate the card on the turn it is played, could help.
It doesn't stop the board wipe problem, but at least it mitigates it a bit without completely destroying it.

Top Bottom