Gwent Priorities

+

What Issues do you think should be the highest priority for Gwent Developers?

• Balance (addressing issues regarding balance between cards, factions, archetypes, decks, etc.)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Strategy (making play less luck dependent, creating cards that requires deeper thought, etc.)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Variety (narrow meta, too few usable cards, too much similarity within and between archetypes, etc.)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Mechanics (bugs, awkward interface, overly complex cards, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Toxic Play (cards / archetypes/ play-styles that ruin the fun)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Modes (draft, seasonal, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Player Base (too few opponents, excessive roping, frequent forfeits, net-decking, etc.)

• Cosmetics (art, customization options, etc.)

• Communication (keeping players informed, responding to player concerns, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Fairness (balancing needs of new and veteran players, equitable treatment of players, etc.)

• Total voters
What would you consider the highest priority for Gwent developers to focus upon? Please choose one poll option, but add comments to the thread. I have tried to include every topic I could think of, but I could have missed some (and I reached the poll limit). And you might hope for multiple issues to be addressed, but vote only for the most important and make comments on others. I also combined several similar issues into one category -- for example, balance could mean that you feel certain cards are over powered, or that certain archetypes are neglected, or that a preferred faction is not competitive, etc. You might also believe that one fix might solve a multitude of problems across multiple categories I listed. So use comments to clarify your response. Rant if you wish, but please try to keep any rants constructive.

I'm suprised that "Variety" has the most votes so far, i think Gwent improved a lot in this regard.
Balance changes every month, sometimes they get it right, some times they completly miss the mark, but overall i think that balance should never be "the top priority" (unless it's really, and i mean REALLY bad, and that's not the case).

IMO "Strategy" should be devs main focus. I feel like this is the area where Gwent could get some very impactful improvements. NG especially got a big "strategy downgrade" in the last expansion and the December card-drop did not help either.
Also draw dependance has been plaguing Gwent for ages now, tho it's not as bad as it used to be. Seems to me like devs are trying to fix it by giving us more options within specific archetipes, but i don't think it's going to work long term. Draw dependance is a design flaw of core gameplay mechanics and as such can never be truly fixed by anything less than some improvement to core gameplay mechanics.

I'm suprised that "Variety" has the most votes so far, i think Gwent improved a lot in this regard.
I voted "Variety" even though I agree with you more or less. I still believe increasing the effort to bring more and more cards to playable power levels is the best way to drive towards a diverse, interesting meta.
And while I definitely appreciate the increased amount of card revisions in the past year, I think there is still much to improve.

Top Bottom