GWENT: Rogue Mage is here!

+
It also pisses me off when the opponent "wins" after the end of the game.
For example, I decided not to collect extra cards in order to foresee the course of events, at least from my side, and therefore during the game I tried to remove cards more often than to take new ones. I went through the whole game, the deck is selective, there is plenty of mana. Meet Trum. I beat him so that I have twice as many points. But, since he has more cards than me, he makes a few more moves after my finish and turns the situation upside down - I lose.
In short, some kind of strange balance, not of average minds, but for gwent geniuses...

He is a main offender, but there's also the Rune spammer and he can spawn some nasty combos (like Prince Stennis at 12 str), the Mad Alchemist that can sometimes transform some of your cards into a few points trash, there's this Mill fella that always manages to steal your best card, that happens to be near at the bottom of my deck most of the times - it's really annoying and it happens way to often to be just an accident. There are perhaps couple more that are not this big of a deal, but I usually encounter one of the above on every map. Or get the Elite Priests as my first Elite battle, which usually is the end of the run as 90% of the time he has all of his good cards, and he does have some pretty nasty cards, on top of the 4 engines on the board he's starting with (what a stupid effen design this is).

Shani and Slyzard is also a broken combo, especially if you manage to get a nice card to abuse from the GY. I've just finished a run with the Shady Vendor and it was just an annihilation with 2 Shanis and a replayed Vendor pretty much every turn.

Did you just pick out that small bit and ignored all the rest of my post? If so, that would be quite sad. :p

Btw do you play on Archmage Mode or not?

Mad Alchemist is only hard if you pick the curse. I tend to avoid picking the harder difficulty curse, even for normal battles, because of the Mad Alchemist, he can only transform your units if you pick the curse for it, if you dont, he can only transform his units.

And yea the High Priest is the strongest of the elites, but honestly, the other ones are just weak, especially Maxi. Thrum cant outboost us humans,
and the Failed Experiment is only hard if he gets lucky with his Omega Forms. They are all weak. High Priest is the only tiny challange,
the trick with the high priest is to kill only 2 generals in order not to increase his turn-based damage too much, and then u just outboom or outdamage him.

So it all can be handled imho.

So for me really the problem is not the games RNG, its the fact that I got nothing to do anymore after 2 days. Its all repetitive now.
Ive tried out all decks, all key card evolutions, I can beat the game consistently except for maybe some rare RNG loses that I get.
Other then that, there is nothing to do now. Thats the only problem I have.

Since I've clocked 100h and reached 100% achievements, I made some first, early steps in modding RM, to check the possibilities.
2022-08-01_1556_1.png

2022-08-01_1556_2.png

I see some potential :ok:

Once, I'll finally finish the mod for Thronebreaker, I'll jump right into it.

Game looks great, can't wait to play it.
However, as a Mac user that doesn't like to play mobile games: any plans for a macOS port?
Do I need to make a custom card every day in order to get an answer?
Joking aside, an answer would be greatly appreciated.

In general, I like this approach, that the story is the most valuable thing in the game. And in order to recognize it, you need to overcome difficulties :) This motivates the player.
And the fact that the complexity is gradually increasing is also logical.
I would like, of course, some variety of species, so that the card is not one and the same. Although, on the other hand, when you win in one game out of a hundred, then you won’t get enough cards and landscapes, it’s also true ...

The game is not bad. I made it to the end of the story. And I think that of all that has been done on the topic of gwent, this is the most interesting project.
Yes, the game is boring, the plot is not enough. But on bezrybe and cancer - fish (Russian proverb). Nothing better happened this year.
At the same time, I must admit that I hate network gwent. Because there is nothing good there.

Purchased it last week...
I still have to win 2 Master games but what is the easiest Grandmaster setting? There are so many options...

I realized what the weakness of the gameplay of this Gwent Rogue Mage... Still, the random is too big. It is impossible to predict not only the game, but even the course of an individual battle. This gives the impression of complexity, and captivates to some extent, but at the same time deprives the game of any intelligible goal ...
For example, playing for the "Unified Consciousness" deck, you can go through the game a hundred times, and when you finally win after 100 losses, it is clear that this is pure chance.

The most interesting object on the map is the sylvan, who asks questions about the lore of the witcher's world. The idea is great. Such plot elements are very enlivening and dilute the overall monotonous style of the card game.

I purchased Deluxe edition on steam, my gwent online and steam email is same; however, i didn't received any stuff for gwent online and in there it is still showing i have standard edition.

please advise.

Is it possible somehow in the game Gwent Rogue Mage to set the minimum number of elite opponents on the map? Or make sure that there are at least 3 elites on one path leading to the boss?
Clearly, there is no such option in the party settings. But maybe someone knows how to set this in the game files?
Because I’m really tired of restarting the game dozens of times with these smooth animations and menacing inscriptions about “You lost.”

Top Bottom