Gwent Content Creators

+

rrc

Forum veteran
What do you know about Pumpkn? I don't know, what happened with him. Is there a reason, he is not streaming?
He had gone to pursue studies, moved with his parents. He said that getting a college degree first was his goal and to do that and to do justice to the studies, he was going to concentrate more on studies. I don't know if he had completely quit the game, but he didn't say anything like that. He told something along the lines of "I will stream whenever I get a chance, but my first priority is studies".

He had gone to pursue studies, moved with his parents. He said that getting a college degree first was his goal and to do that and to do justice to the studies, he was going to concentrate more on studies. I don't know if he had completely quit the game, but he didn't say anything like that. He told something along the lines of "I will stream whenever I get a chance, but my first priority is studies".
Thank you! :beer:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Well i am upping this topic to say i played against bushr in an unranked matche 2 days ago (took some print screen - i will post later - , and also i win the game, but he was definitely trying a new deck).

Also, i see @FuchsiaBriefs has comment in the topic of sharing an anunsual game. And, reading that topic again, i just realyze @DRK3 didnt know him or didnt watch his kambi video until i commented in that topic

I usualy see Fuchsia Briefs, Ace Of Plays, BUSHR, Trynet, Spiro_sa, The Beasty

Fuchsia Briefs you descreve him very well, i think it was my best. But i have the same feeling he is cutting a lot of loses (despite he shows some losts in his videos). And I have one more complain about him its his last decks are all using Syana, and thats kind of boring to me.

The reason he has been using Synna is because he is doing a series of videos with decks based specifically around her ability. He has done videos without her and will do more in the future, but thats just why he was using her frequently.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The reason he has been using Synna is because he is doing a series of videos with decks based specifically around her ability. He has done videos without her and will do more in the future, but thats just why he was using her frequently.

To be perfectly accurate, he started with this 'Syanna series', where he planned to do one per faction, and he completed that series, but since he really liked the card, since then he has used Syanna on other videos as well, but not all.

To be perfectly accurate, he started with this 'Syanna series', where he planned to do one per faction, and he completed that series, but since he really liked the card, since then he has used Syanna on other videos as well, but not all.

True.

He also my favourite streamer to watch as well. I think its probably because I am Aussie too so I can relate to his laid back attitude and sense of humour. I appreciate good players that use these funky combos, a lot of fun to watch compared to the boring and repetitive meta.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, on the most recent Misterhabbla video he is showing the new stuff with the update and inadvertently ends up showing the playtimes of him and some of his streamer friends.

I dont think there's anything wrong with revealing this information, although some of the other players have the right to not want this data public, i guess. If this violates any forum rules or whatever, the mods can delete this post.

Trynet and DevilDriven have around 7000h! Bushr and Misterhabbla have around 3000h. And Jamedi has around 1200h.

I find this interesting, as in another post, by @Gemueseknolle when he reached the 5000h mark , we showed interest in knowing what other players have the biggest playtimes in Gwent. This is a small step towards that goal.

(BTW, if you know some other streamers playtime from watching their videos, feel free to share them too, as long as the mods accept this subject)

Good Day everyone

I am a Gwent addict. I been playing for 6 months and play every single day. This is my first thread in the forum.

On average I play anything between 10 to 20 games per day.

I reached pro rank first month I started and every season after.

I do not think I am a very good player as I tend to struggle a lot at pro rank losing more than winning. I often find it very frustrating.

The reason I can reached pro rank in the first month and every month after is because I do my research. I read up on the meta reports by the different Gwent teams (thank you to Team Leviathan and Team Elder Bear).

What really help me though are the YouTube Gwent streamers. I search daily for new fun decks to play. I consider myself still relatively new and seldom made my own decks ( yes I am a copycat). I do learn from them and adjust the decks to my liking.

So now that 2020 is coming to an end, I am going to give out some YT gwent streamer awards . I do not watch Twitch so I only giving it to the YT streamers.

I am doing this for 2 reasons. Firstly for fun and secondly to bring more awareness to their channel (they do not pay me to do this ) but I feel they deserve some attention for all the hard work and also this is my way to say thank you to them.

All the opinions are my own and sorry if your favorite was not mentioned, feel free to mention them below.

Favorite stream awards goes to

1) Theabeastly - Firstly she is a very pretty face to look at and her presentation are clear and she usually show the meta decks for ladder climb which is what I am looking for. It really help me in a new season when I am frustrated at losing.

2) Freddybabes - Another pretty face to look at but it is a guy. Again his explanation is clear and presentation is positive and fun. He does try to come out with fun decks that work at pro rank. Some of them do work, some did not. More hit than misses.

3) DevilDriven - Very off the radar streamer as he does not have many subscribers. However he comes out with video very often and he is super friendly and will reply all the questions you post in the comments. For a guy with devil for a nick, he is more like an angel. Very hardworking in making videos too.

4) Jaggerous - She does not post much videos now as she is busy with her real life. She is my first teacher. She does a beginners deck guide and explain clearly what each card does. I learn how to play gwent in the beginning from her.

Most Entertaining award

1) misterhabbla1 - He has the most funny and entertaining videos often starting with a homemade intro. I enjoy his video not because of that though, I really like that he take the effort to fast forward the games and watching his games save you lots of time. I do not think any other streamers does this.

2) Fuschia Briefs - This guy does that best meme decks. Often it does not really work on pro rank but it is guarantee super fun.

Honorable mentions

1) Trynet - This guy does video daily taken from his twitch streaming. He has lots of fans and some of the decks work on pro rank. He has quite a large following though I do not know why. I watch for the new interesting decks.

2) Specimen Gwent - Another fun guy who do not post as much these days.

There are a few others like Ace of play, Gone gwenting, Inari100, KG which has lesser followers but sometimes does interesting decks too.

There is one gwent streamers that I really dislike mainly because I find him very negative but I do not really want to name him here since I am celebrating those who have helped the gwent community.

PS : I do realize youtube gwent content creator might be a better word but I just use streamers very loosely. I do not have time to watch all their games but I always search to look at the decks that there are introducing. Even if I do not like or play those decks , at least I learn what my opponents are playing and that helps too.

Who are you favorite Gwent streamers and why ?
Post automatically merged:

Did not know this thread already existed so there goes my first thread :)

Anyway those are my year end awards and what I watch currently.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
@MANYUE2003 Thank you for sharing your opinions on these Gwent creators and sorry for "ruining" your first thread.

I created it so we could share our favourite creators and discuss in a civilized way their content, what's good and what could be improved, therefore promoting these creators by their merit.
Please dont be offended if my opinions on your picks go in a different way from yours, i can be very harsh but i do try to be fair when im making judgements.

Theabeastly - since my first post i still havent seen enough of her more recent content to make accurate criticisms, although i get more and more skeptical when every single post praising her also includes mentions of her good looks. I will have to check her content, it would be unfair to her to dismiss her because a lot of her fans feel the need to constantly remind how attractive she is, putting the quality of her content on the background

Freddybabes -if i am being honest, this whole post is motivated by this. My opinion couldnt be further from yours, and unlike the previous case, i have seen a lot of Freddy's content and already knew him from his pro player time.
I truly think he's the worst of all creators (the ones im aware of, which includes all the popular on YT ones). I can see how some would consider him fun, with his sarcastic, dettached atittude, but to me he's just annoying. But positive? He's very negative, toxic even, just because he doesnt get particularly angry doesnt mean he's not very disrespectful and hurtful to his opponents and even to the cards he uses and faces, regularly.
I do think he WAS a good player, back on beta, he did win tournaments so its hard to argue with that, but since he has returned to Gwent and been more of a streamer, i see terrible misplays and lack of knowledge all the time, and im surprised he ends up winning after some amazing lucky moments that he seems oblivious to.
He does include some original cards, and follows his own intuition (creating his personal meta reports), i respect that, but its just not enough for me to put up with everything else.

DevilDriven - ive also seen more of him lately. I respect him, and he is positive and helpful, but he's completely focused on meta and just plays top stuff, which makes him look like a great player, but personally i prefer to see great players pulling off mediocre decks, now that's hard.
Also, ive noticed something quirky on him - he can be very paranoid and overanalyzes the situation, ive seen him OVERestimating his opponents a lot of times, thinking an obscure card will come to ruin the day and its just a mistake or bad draw from opponent.

Jaggerous - really great caster, but barely has any content in YT channel i believe. I would watch more of her puns if she posted regularly.

Misterhabbla and Fuchsia Briefs are my favourites, never tried to hide it, and watch every one of their videos. But like i said previously, for players looking to learn more than be entertained, they might not be the best picks. For example, Fuchsia plays some meme decks hard to pull off and shows some amazing wins, which might make newbies think that deck is really good or easy to use, then they try it for themselves and its just defeat after defeat (because they didnt see the losses that werent shown)

Trynet - even though the previous are my personal favourites, if i had to give the award of best streamer/creator it would be for Trynet: professionalism every single moment, engaged with his twitch viewers, most consistent content uploader, amazing player that rarely makes mistakes, good variety of deck usage (although i wish he tried 100% meme decks more often)

Specimen Gwent - he was away for some time but now he's posting more regularly, i like him, and some original content he does (like playing coop with other players), the only thing i dont like is when he makes loud noises

Ace of Plays - havent watched him on the past few weeks but he is good at instructions and explaining plays to his viewers, so i do recommend him to players looking to improve their game, at least give him a try.

It is great we can share our favorite creators in a civilized way and my goals are same as yours - to hopefully promote those with merit.

My definition of best is also different from you. Yours are probably to do with gameplay.

I define it more broadly.

How much I enjoy watching them ( entertaining, looks, the way they talk and explain, their friendliness are all factors)
How much I learn
Interesting decks

are some of my criteria.

Theabeastly is not just looks. She can explain gameplay in a way that is easy to understand and she seldom do her own decks and she does not produce a lot of videos.

Jagg was quite active when I first started 6 months ago and she does guide for beginners which I definitely benefited from and some of her old videos are still good for newbies.

I totally agree with you about fuschia and was one of those who as a newbie thought the decks was great till I try them myself. Tbh, a few does work . Those that require multiple setup usually does not work.

Lastly about Freddy, we can agree to disagree. I do not find him toxic or negative at all.

And since we are giving names, the one I really dislike is actually mentioned in your first post. I really do not enjoy his videos because I do not enjoy watching such negativity and vulgarity so I usually just mute it if I do watch or I just look at the decks and skip the videos.

A few thoughts from me.

Theabeastly - since my first post i still havent seen enough of her more recent content to make accurate criticisms, although i get more and more skeptical when every single post praising her also includes mentions of her good looks. I will have to check her content, it would be unfair to her to dismiss her because a lot of her fans feel the need to constantly remind how attractive she is, putting the quality of her content on the background
I believe good content is as diverse as our taste: I can fully understand someone having a better time looking at a streamer with a pleasant view and a charming voice (even though possibly missing out on the professionalism part in exchange, though that might not even be the case in many occasions). Lets be honest, looks matter, that is one of the main driving force in real life and on the internet as well ;)

Freddybabes -if i am being honest, this whole post is motivated by this. My opinion couldnt be further from yours, and unlike the previous case, i have seen a lot of Freddy's content and already knew him from his pro player time.
I truly think he's the worst of all creators (the ones im aware of, which includes all the popular on YT ones). I can see how some would consider him fun, with his sarcastic, dettached atittude, but to me he's just annoying. But positive? He's very negative, toxic even, just because he doesnt get particularly angry doesnt mean he's not very disrespectful and hurtful to his opponents and even to the cards he uses and faces, regularly.
I do think he WAS a good player, back on beta, he did win tournaments so its hard to argue with that, but since he has returned to Gwent and been more of a streamer, i see terrible misplays and lack of knowledge all the time, and im surprised he ends up winning after some amazing lucky moments that he seems oblivious to.
He does include some original cards, and follows his own intuition (creating his personal meta reports), i respect that, but its just not enough for me to put up with everything else.
Here for example our opinions clearly differs. It is exactly his sarcastic attitude - and a fair sense of vitriolic humour - that makes him entertaining for me. I don't necessarily agree to many of his statements and predictions, but the thinking process he uses is something I enjoy.
Negative? Nay, I'd definitely not call him negative - that sad award goes without question to Bushy. Not even in the same league of toxic bitterness.

Misterhabbla and Fuchsia Briefs are my favourites, never tried to hide it, and watch every one of their videos. But like i said previously, for players looking to learn more than be entertained, they might not be the best picks. For example, Fuchsia plays some meme decks hard to pull off and shows some amazing wins, which might make newbies think that deck is really good or easy to use, then they try it for themselves and its just defeat after defeat (because they didnt see the losses that werent shown)
Fully agreed here - by far these two are my favorites as well.
I consider Misterhabbla a semi-solid player, with crazy amounts of personal mistakes, impatient plays and general fails - which is excellent when it comes to showcasing REALISTIC plays. Editing one's videos to only show the wins with an obviously meme deck is just silly. As for the amount of humour and extra effort he puts into his videos, he clearly deserves praise :)
Fuchsia Briefs is simply a very entertaining personality to watch, with most fun and sophisticated choice of words - although most of the decks he shows are seriously in the meme factor, it is pure entertainment to watch him.

Trynet - even though the previous are my personal favourites, if i had to give the award of best streamer/creator it would be for Trynet: professionalism every single moment, engaged with his twitch viewers, most consistent content uploader, amazing player that rarely makes mistakes, good variety of deck usage (although i wish he tried 100% meme decks more often)
I'd agree with your opinion here, as he is definitely one of the (if not the) most experienced and professional players - but I cannot. I consider him the living example why one should be very careful heavily monetizing his hobby and passion. Quite honestly, turning Gwent into a job and forcing himself to keep a mandatory schedule of streaming and mass-producing content really ate at his motivation and overall attitude. He clearly admits he only plays and streams these matches because thats his income. As such, this shows on his morale heavily. Fully understandable, but still, it greatly diminishes the entertainment for me seeing someone literally forced to do something he has zero interest in at this point.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I'd agree with your opinion here, as he is definitely one of the (if not the) most experienced and professional players - but I cannot. I consider him the living example why one should be very careful heavily monetizing his hobby and passion. Quite honestly, turning Gwent into a job and forcing himself to keep a mandatory schedule of streaming and mass-producing content really ate at his motivation and overall attitude. He clearly admits he only plays and streams these matches because thats his income. As such, this shows on his morale heavily. Fully understandable, but still, it greatly diminishes the entertainment for me seeing someone literally forced to do something he has zero interest in at this point.

Like the other recent poster on this thread, i am a youtube watcher, i never watch on twitch.
And i've watched a lot of trynet's content, simply because he posts longer content and more regularly than my other favourites. So its obvious he's more of a twitch guy, engaging with his live viewers and not directly with his YT viewers, who just watch a recording. This frustrated me a bit in the beginning but i've learnt to accept it.

But what you say about him its very interesting - i did notice he has a larger following and probably gets an income from streaming big enough to live by. The thing is, i dont know from any of the other creators who is living of Gwent or who's not, so i cant really judge based on that... I dont even know if that should be taken into account.

It all adds up though - seeing the other streamers having meltdowns with Gwent, putting some drama, quitting the game because they're not happy with stale metas and other (valid) reasons, meanwhile Trynet, just keeps on truckin, i guess streaming and playing a stale Gwent is still better than most jobs.

I dont blame him for 'lack of passion' while playing on the past months, as no other streamer has much of that lately, but im sure when the expansion hits, every creator will be excited and play passionately again, even if just for 2-4 weeks.
2 expansions per year is not enough, i knew it and i suspect the devs knew too, the creators did more than enough with what we've had this year.

A few thoughts from me.

Here for example our opinions clearly differs. It is exactly his sarcastic attitude - and a fair sense of vitriolic humour - that makes him entertaining for me. I don't necessarily agree to many of his statements and predictions, but the thinking process he uses is something I enjoy.
Negative? Nay, I'd definitely not call him negative - that sad award goes without question to Bushy. Not even in the same league of toxic bitterness.

Very much agree about Freddy and Bushy.

For trynet, I would not say he has zero interest. I guess he suffers from fatigue.

Very much agree about Freddy and Bushy.

For trynet, I would not say he has zero interest. I guess he suffers from fatigue.
Well, although I'd not try to quote his words, I saw/heard these directly in several og his youtube videos:
- he does not remember the last time the game made him excited this year;
- he is a programmer (not actively working), but as gwent is his primary income (patreon, twitch as well as youtube) he feels he has to do it;
- Patreon commitments include daily 6 hours of "mandatory" stream as well as more or less daily content on youtube;

Don't get me wrong - I believe everyone in his position would feel burnt out, no matter the game you play. This is why I mentioned that I see him as a typical example why you shouldn't fully monetize your hobby. Having the streams on Twitch or upload content when you feel so is fine, as long as you can manage it based on your time, mood, interest. The point it becomes a set daily commitment however, it irreversibly starts to turn into a chore.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I believe that to be fair, a viewer/fan cant just praise the content/creator he likes and criticize the ones he does not.

So today, i come here to do just that, and put some harsh words on one of my favourite Gwent creators, the one that really pushed me into viewing content and not just playing: Misterhabbla1.

This is the video he posted today, that drove me into making this post.
He chose a card i wanted to see on one of his videos for awhile, so at the beginning i was happy.

Dont get me wrong, i still like the video, because he is very entertaining and honest, its natural to complain when we have extreme bad luck or are using bad cards vs top tier brainless decks and cant win against them even if we play perfectly. Better than pretending to not be affected. And also he doesnt hide his mistakes with edits, and often beats himself (not literally) for making them...

My problem are the mistakes he doesnt even realize he makes. There are so many, it can be a bit frustrating. I could give him the benefit of the doubt when i didnt know his total playtime, and since when did he start playing, but he definitely has enough experience to be above some of these mistakes.

The real problem comes after - any gwent streamer/creator is also a influence, on his viewers.
Influencing viewers to try new cards and decks is definitely positive, which Habbla does. But when you are making mistakes and not pointing them out, a lot of viewers are learning wrong, and will repeat those mistakes.

How do i know this? I read the comments on his videos... and i get mad. Its a massive circlejerk of just praising his creativity and his intros - yes, those deserve the praise, but where is the rest, the callouts, the suggestions? Those viewers are oblivious to the mistakes.

And this gave me an idea: Habbla plays and records his videos, doesnt have a live audience, with live chat, like most streamers. This means he doesnt get an alert when he makes a mistake.
On the other hand, we have Trynet, the streamer im most familiarized with, and i know from his videos, even the slightest mistake, he gets immediately called out. This drives him to be a better player, and make very little mistakes.

So, my theory is that streamers are indirectly driven to be better players than creators, as they are effectively playing with the advice of others and are incentivized to avoid mistakes (even though a mistake once in a while can make it more fun)
I would like to know if others agree, based on their experience watching other creators and streamers.

(PS - if anyone thinks im being picky, i can make a list of mistakes on that 30min video to prove my point.

And i know i sound like a tryharder, but when you're a "hardcore memester", you cant afford to make mistakes to have a chance)
Post automatically merged:

Another serious criticism i got for Habbla in that video (and i forgot previously) is:

If you are going to make a video around a meme card, really go all-in on it, even if it costs you the match.

You can see this on the last match, where he plays the meme card in his hand against a drypass R2, justifying we, viewers, already got a taste of it on R1 and previous matches, even when the card could see some decent value on R3 and even replayed more times with reinforcements and Adalia, which he had on that deck!

Last edited:
My problem are the mistakes he doesnt even realize he makes. There are so many, it can be a bit frustrating. I could give him the benefit of the doubt when i didnt know his total playtime, and since when did he start playing, but he definitely has enough experience to be above some of these mistakes.

The real problem comes after - any gwent streamer/creator is also a influence, on his viewers.
Influencing viewers to try new cards and decks is definitely positive, which Habbla does. But when you are making mistakes and not pointing them out, a lot of viewers are learning wrong, and will repeat those mistakes.
The problem comes from the sort of different point of views here.
You, on one end, are clearly looking for a "guide-type" video, where one uses his/her best skills to reach satisfactory results with suboptimal cards. Which, to some extent, is the core idea behind Habbla's "Meme Cards" series. To some extent at least.

Yet in reality his videos are everything but that - they are pure entertainment, a lot more aimed to show someone play a few matches with a poorly optimized deck, and usually get punished hard (or sometimes win, even better). Yet, the emphasis was never on the right plays, not for a moment - the entertainment comes from the relatively funny situation, and a funny guy struggling, cursing, etc. Yes, plenty of misplays. Does that affect the quality of these Muppet Show type videos? Hardly, as they were never meant to be serious stuff to begin with (in my opinion) :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
The problem comes from the sort of different point of views here.
You, on one end, are clearly looking for a "guide-type" video, where one uses his/her best skills to reach satisfactory results with suboptimal cards. Which, to some extent, is the core idea behind Habbla's "Meme Cards" series. To some extent at least.

Yet in reality his videos are everything but that - they are pure entertainment, a lot more aimed to show someone play a few matches with a poorly optimized deck, and usually get punished hard (or sometimes win, even better). Yet, the emphasis was never on the right plays, not for a moment - the entertainment comes from the relatively funny situation, and a funny guy struggling, cursing, etc. Yes, plenty of misplays. Does that affect the quality of these Muppet Show type videos? Hardly, as they were never meant to be serious stuff to begin with (in my opinion) :)

Yes, his videos are meant to be entertainment, and i've said that too on all my posts mentioning Misterhabbla, and its why i like watching him. And no, im not looking for guide-type videos, in fact i've already said here i have avoided good streamers/creators with instructive content solely because all they play is meta and with 4 years and thousands of hours on this game, there is nothing left for me to learn.

The problem for me is when creators like Habbla, self-entitled meme card players, make too many mistakes while using them, and even when they dont blame the card for the poor result, that is what happens indirectly - a lot of viewers will think its the card that is bad. Basically, its giving meme cards a bad name (some do deserve it, others dont).

So yeah, i dont mind some streamers/creators being more goofy and laidback regarding mistakes while playing memes, the problem is when there isnt anyone playing meme cards well (there is Fuchsia Briefs, but there should definitely be more)

DC9V

Forum veteran
My YouTube subscriptions:

McBeard:
The positive guy: Always tries to keep the game enjoyable. Great card presentations. Responsive chat reaction. Gwent is awesome.

Trynet123:
The smart guy: You can learn a lot just by watching him play. His videos don't need an introduction because the title says it all. He could win a tournament while having a discussion with his chat about the difference between Algebra and Arithmetica.

TheaBeasty:
The cat woman: A strong player who plays better decks than Lionhart.

BUSHy:
The honest guy: If things are bad, he's negative. If things are good, he's positive.
says "honestly" at least once per video. He plays strong consistent decks.

Jaggerous:
The helpful person: She has the best deck presentations, very detailed and informative.

Spyro_Zuid-Afrika:
The competitor: He has tons of content about game play including both basics and advanced strategies.

Misterhabbla1:
The entertainer: Very funny, nice editing.

Specimen:
The extreme guy: Unique deck building, uploads frequently. If you turn the volume up he's able to destroy your speakers by screaming Oh my god!! and No way!!

BUSHy:
The honest guy: If things are bad, he's negative. If things are good, he's positive.
says "honestly" at least once per video. He plays strong consistent decks.
And he says "obviously" about 100 times per video :D

Specimen:
The extreme guy: Unique deck building, uploads frequently. If you turn the volume up he's able to destroy your speakers by screaming Oh my god!! and No way!!
Let's goooooooooooooooooooooo!

Top Bottom