Gwent Content Creators

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
(EDIT 9thMay'21) - this thread was expanded, from just Gwent streamers to all Gwent content creators.

Hello everyone.
I decided to create this thread to share our personal opinions on each Gwent Streamer, since there's little discussion about them on these forums, yet they are a huge part of Gwent, with a strong influence on the meta.

I will share my own opinion on the streamers i have watched, and i invite others to do the same.
THE GOAL OF THIS THREAD IS TO BE HELPFUL, BOTH TO FORUM USERS - BY FINDING OUT NEW STREAMERS THEY ENJOY WATCHING - AND TO THE CREATORS - AS THEY MAY GET MORE VIEWERS, IF THEY'RE PRAISED FOR THE MERIT OF THEIR CONTENT.

THEREFORE, I ASK EVERYONE TO BE RESPECTFUL, AND SPECIALLY CAREFUL WITH THE CRITICISMS, WHILE REMAINING HONEST AND UNBIASED, SO NO PROBLEMS ARISE THAT REQUIRE MOD INTERVENTION. THANK YOU.

DIsclaimer: im not affiliated in anyway with these streamers, never contacted them, just watched their videos.

«««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

PERSONAL INTRO: (feel free to skip this if you like)

Im a longtime Gwent player, 4 years with it next week, as the game celebrates its 4th anniversary since closed beta launched.
Because of this, my interests in Gwent content are probably different from a lot of viewers - i am already familiarized with the entire cardbase and strategies, so i dont watch the content to learn, just to be entertained, preferably with meme content.
Also, i dont watch live streams on Twitch, just Yotube videos, as i prefer to be able to skip parts of a video if i wish.

I actually only started watching Gwent streamers videos this year, awhile after the pandemic started, because as an old school gamer, i didnt think logical to watch others play when i can play it myself, but now that i've watched quite a lot, i do admit these videos have their own advantages, although playing oneself is still best.

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

GWENT STREAMERS/CREATORS OPINION: (presented in the order i started watching em)

- Great Dandelion Show - very different from the other content, but it still deserves a mention, although it probably doesnt need the publicity, as its already very popular.
Short videos of around 5 min, one per week, with short bits collected from different players, edited in a hilarious way. Highly recommended to all.

- Misterhabbla1 - the first streamer i found, and got me hooked. Since he's main focus are meme cards, his videos are just my style, and in a month i ended up watching most of his old videos, 70-90 of them, 30-45min each.
His videos have very funny intros in a 'homemade style', and he usually creates a deck around a single card, often meme card, which is also my favourite style of deckbuilding. I also praise him for not being afraid of showing his defeats, like some other streamers, and enduring the pain of playing these decks on Pro Rank.
As negative, he has stopped or reduced the amount of content he's posting on the last couple of months, probably caused by the stale meta which is affecting many streamers. Also, i did watch him on stream once for a recent tournament, and perhaps he was in a bad day, but he was acting way more aggresively than his usual upbeat and sarcastic state in his youtube videos, however i wont judge him for this as it was a single instance.

- Trynet123 - a very popular streamer, and i totally see why: from the ones i know, he's the most consistent in posting videos, almost everyday i think, 45-60min each. He has regular videos, but now also weekly tournaments where he casts matches between his viewers, or its him vs his viewers.
He is by far the most composed streamer, never seen him angry once in like a hundred videos; and never seen him have "meltdowns" like other streamers, where they say they're quitting the game or need a break.
Negative (for me at least), its the attention he gives his viewers on live chat. Its understandable obviously, since they contribute the most to his earnings, but for someone viewing his videos on YT is a tad annoying as he isnt as focused on the match. He's a really good player, and usually his mistakes only happen when he is more focused on chat, and he often ropes a bit because of this too.

- bushr - i watched him a bit, not as much as the previous two, but enough to make a judgement. He's a good player, but too much of a tryharder for my taste, i believe he even admits this, focusing more on top tier decks. Im sure for newer players this is better, to teach them how to play these, and he's good at instructing and explaining his moves.
However, he can be very temperamental, and can be very affected by the game in a negative way, which caused several meltdowns - recently, he needed a break and even focused on other games, which i respect. So lately, he isnt posting much.

- SpecimenGwent - found him due to a collab he did with Misterhabbla, checked his channel and i did like his content and friendly atittude. However recently he doesnt post regularly on youtube, perhaps he's more active on Twitch without uploading to YT, i know a lot of streamers do this and they're the ones im missing out.

- Ace of Plays - saw one of his videos as a YT suggestion and tried it. It happened to a video of a more memey content, where he played really well, so i decided to watch more. Unfortunately, the amount of misplays i saw and how long he takes on each turn drove me away from him. When recently he also had a meltdown and quit the game, to then return a few weeks later didnt inspire much confidence on him.
I dont want to be murdered by his fans, so as positives, i say he's good at explaining his thought process, and he can be funny with some comments, although his american sense of humour doesnt really do it for me.

- Freddybabes - i already knew him as a pro player, but recently i saw him more focused as a streamer. His content, to my surprise, was more fun and original and less meta than i had thought. He also posts content quite regularly lately. At the beginning of his videos, he explains the deck he will be using, and he does this in a very friendly way - this is the "good Freddy". However then on his videos, i find him to be very toxic, and quite annoying whole interacting with his viewers, while also roping extremely hard - this is the "bad Freddy". I have heard him talk about a persona he puts up for streams, but to me this is not an acceptable excuse, when its the larger portion of his videos.
Also, he's definitely very comfortable with top tier cards, but i find him making appalling mistakes when he uses lesser used cards, this makes him lose my respect, as i think any really great player should be comfortable with all Gwent cards.

- Fuchsia Briefs - found his name on an Ace of Plays video, and i knew it was another streamer and decided to check it. I was happy to see another player more focused to meme and creative plays. However what really captivated me was his atittude. I dont know if its because he's Aussie or maybe because he seems more adult than other streamers, or a combination of both. But he's now my role model for a streamer, with his chill sense of humour, respectful towards opponents and careful plays without taking too long.
Now i wont be politically correct, and i WILL mention names: Misterhabbla and Ace of Plays consider themselves meme masters - and its true their content has a lot of memes... however, i feel betrayed when they're constantly mocking the meme cards they're using, trashing them, sometimes some of my favourite cards, which makes me question why they're playing them if they dont like them. On the other hand, Fuchsia actually seems to enjoy playing these cards or see them played by opponent, and it feels genuine, so i can relate more to that, trying to do something fresh instead of following others footsteps.
He's definitely the streamer i recommend the most, and if i must really point out some negatives too to be fair to others, its the fact he often shows amazing wins with these hard to pull off decks, so i suppose he's definitely cutting many many losses, but for the viewer experience i accept this choice.

So, this is my list, i hope you find it helpful, perhaps with your recommendations it will grow in the future, and i can add new entries.
I know there are huge streamers on Twitch like Spyro_ZA and shinmiri that i am missing out, and i wanna know other opinions on all of those too.

Last edited:

ya1

Forum regular
I just watch what they drop on YouTube sometimes, I don't have time to watch streams. I prefer the TLG side of things: Bushr and DevilDriven. They mostly play meta but Bushr switched to experimenting with homebrews played for contracts. Maybe because the meta is stale, and there isn't much new to play.

Bushr has a great grasp of the game and honestly despite his attitude I think CDPR should hire him. Negative "complainy" attitude is exactly what CDPR Gwent needs because Gwent is going in a bad direction imo, and things need to change. Bushr has a way of pinpointing those things. Right now devs seem to be rather happy-go-lucky with their balancing and they kinda need a "punch in the face" despite the fact that some people might or might not be prone to raving at times. Don't mean they're wrong. On the margin, from what I see in the YT vids, Bushr seems to have made a lot of effort to keep his temperament in check and his vids became more analytic again as of late. He don't even swear anymore :(

DevilDriven is just an all-out nice guy. He often showcases updates made by TLG, and sometimes invites top players to his channel. He made a lot of vids with Wusubi. Those vids are super educational for beginners in pro. I just wish his vids were longer.

Specimen is another guy whose vids I liked because he focused also on the deckbuilding side of things. Afaik he is the one who's responsible for the Schirru craze last few seasons. He quit afaik.

I like Freddybabes' style but I totally disagree with his deckbuilding, and his meta snapshots are imo like totally upside down. I don't like his clickbaity titles which are imo very often just misinformation.

Trynet often happens to be the first one to showcase the new meta decks. What I like in his YouTube chanell is his deck descriptions (the written stuff). They are always concise and on point. The guy is like a no-bs kinda streamer.

Last edited:
There are four I like that you did not discuss.

Spyro-za I “discovered while looking for tutorial material. He has numerous excellent videos on game strategy which have helped me substantially. As a streamer, his is intelligent and articulate. While he does get passionate about his games, he refrains from inappropriate anger. He also provides good analysis as to why he won or lost a round and how play could be improved. He often casts tournament games and does an excellent job maintaining enthusiasm while analyzing the moves made.

TheaBeasty is a streamer I first encountered through a deck guide when I was investigating meta decks and trying to learn why they were so effective. She clearly explained card choices for both major and minor cards in the deck. Her stream is always enthusiastic and upbeat. She does stray off strict discussion of Gwent more than Spyro, but her discussions are always intelligent and mature.

Lionhart is another very positive, upbeat, and articulate caster, similar in many ways to TheaBeasty. He is entertaining without being offensive, and often has good analysis.

Qcento01 has a unique, relaxed and soothing style. He is very interactive with those who follow his stream. I have seen him volunteer to play other’s decks, or to play against those watching (with instructions not to cheat by looking at his hand in the stream). His following is smaller, and he very much gives the feeling of gathering (virtually) with friends for an evening of gaming.

rrc

Forum veteran
Freddy: He is the strongest player out there (heck, he is World Master participant) and his decks are always different and he tries new things. Sometimes he creates some decks which are Monsters (pun intended) like Keltulis/Ciri deck. It was him who first created this deck and then optimized by others. He had created decks for Plague Maiden, Kiki Queen (RIP), Cahir NG, Elf Harmony (before CoH change), etc. His videos are informative and creative. I like him.

bushr: The next strongest content creator. He is very smart and highly skilled. He once discarded Phillipa when playing SY to keep his coins since Saul will get him ahead. These kinds of out of the box thinking play he will make. It is true that he tryhards a lot, but his videos are informative and his mulligan choices, and the cards he commits and why he does etc. he will explain which can teach players some ideas. Highly recommend him.

TryNet: As DRK3 said, the most consistent content creator out there. Very strong player, but after hidden-name thingy, he is not playing in Pro Rank and I have slowly lost interest in watching his streams. Such a high skilled player playing against noobs doesn't entertain me. He is literally smurfing now. But I will watch his videos when he tries some new decks to learn somethings. But the amount of time I spend on his streams and videos is drastically reduced due to this.

Spyro: Another consistent content creator, mainly streams. But I don't think he ever invents decks. He just plays others deck. He is a very strong player, often going top 64 etc. Pure tryharder. But you can learn some things by watching him play.

Specimen: Another creative content creator, but nowadays no videos from him. He is the one who invented PS Shirru deck (and without Sentinels when they were 5P.. that was awesome.. PS without Sentinels). He reached 2600 with his deck when ST was weak. But now, those decks were heavily optimised and after NG, ST had gotten better, but Spicemen's contribution is there.

Great Dandellion: Even the devs watch it and constantly refer to him as he is such a famous well known guy. Very funny youtube videos from him.

Speci is probably my favorite one of them, not the least because he propped ST up when it was down with his Schirru build. He's also pretty funny to watch and intelligent responding to comments and questions. Too bad he hasn't posted in a while.

Freddy is a very good player and I like his style of videos, plus his meta snapshots are pretty good, but he builds too many toxic decks for my taste. Luckily, I can just ignore those videos and watch the ones that aren't griefy.

Habbla is meme-y and fun, but when he tryharded recently for a tournament, I wasn't crazy about his decks or play.

Spyro is super-tryharding. I've never seen him play a non-meta deck, which I guess is what happens when you consistently push for top-10. Understandable, but not very fun to watch, imo.

OceanMud got this really weird bombastic style that's a lot of fun to watch, but he only plays MO, so I have to be in the mood for that.

Trynet is the best guy to watch for outside pro-ladder matches. He also tries a lot of decks made by top players. There are clear lists and explanations and he's really good at Gwent. Great content.

Who else do I watch? A few of the Russian streamers out there are pretty good, but you gotta know the language. My YT subscribtions are: Freddy, Trynet, Speci and Habbla. Edit: forgot Bushr: a really good player, but sometimes kind of annoying personality-wise to me.

Last edited:
I usualy see Fuchsia Briefs, Ace Of Plays, BUSHR, Trynet, Spiro_sa, The Beasty

Fuchsia Briefs you descreve him very well, i think it was my best. But i have the same feeling he is cutting a lot of loses (despite he shows some losts in his videos). And I have one more complain about him its his last decks are all using Syana, and thats kind of boring to me.

Ace Of plays - in fact i dont link him too much, but the Youtube recomend to me a lot of times than i simple watch some videos. What i like in him its in the mugle he shows his entire deck.

BUSHR - other i dont like the way he is. I think he is a little convinced and toxic. Buuuut, one of his last videos was a MO deck withou removers (or almost that) and i simple love it (i have already said a lot of times in this forum i dont like too much removers cards). So, since that deck i started to respect him.

Trynet - simple love it. Good decks, funny and good games. Despite i think he is a little convinced too. What i dont like he doenst show his deck, so you need to pause the video in mulligan to try to discover all the cards.

SPIRO_SA - i started to see him in the last days, so i cant say too much about him. But i think he has good decks and plays.

The beasty - well, she is gorgeous of course (but i hate those nerds who just watch a video becaue of a girl), and i think she explains her decks very, very well (the only reason i try to watch her videos). But, in other hand, i think she has the weakest decks (of course, i am not counting meme decks) and even if she explain very well her deck and moves, i dont like to use those decks

You only included 1 of the 6 official faction embassadors? I thought they were the biggest creators now that Swim and Mogwai left.

I know McBeard is NR and SirPumpkn is ST, OceanMud is MO. I think Shinmiri is Skellige?

Trynet123: First streamer I tuned into. Fun to watch, plays a variety of decks, and engages with his viewers. I don't see a negative.

LionHart: I like him, entertaining. Negative, when he sits at the Main Menu for an hr just talking......

TheaBeasty: Fun to watch her play. Only thing would be more deck variety.

CheddarPaul: He really engages with his fans and is very insightful. Negative; does not play SY, but he's been stating that he will play them next season.

Kingdenpai: Found him after TryNet123 raided him. He's really fun to watch and is entertaining. Plays meme decks and is very successful with them. His 24hr stream was awesome.

Those are the main streamers I follow. I'll watch others from time to time.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Alright, prepare for another huge post, where i will add a few notes i forgot on OP, and also try to answer everyone so far!

Regarding Spyro_ZA, i have seen him as a caster a lot of times, and really enjoyed how professional he was in that role. I think he doesnt have YT, only twitch, and since you guys seem to agree he only plays meta, im not very interested.

@ya1 I completely agree with what you said about Freddybabes, which i forgot to write before - his meta snapshots are really absurd. I dont like meta reports anyway, but not because they're wrong, and freddy seems to just want to be different for the sake of being different.

Regarding TheaBeasty, i did watch a few videos and her matches on a tournament. It was long ago, and maybe she was just starting out, but i was dissuaded from the several noobish mistakes i saw, so like @EduFerraz pointed out, i fear part of her success is due to her good looks and not her Gwent skills - i hope im wrong and she's improved, though.

@rrc Regarding Freddybabes, i agree he plays more diverse decks nowadays, for example i really like how he started to put AllGod on a lot of his decks. You say he is pioneering some decks, but im not so sure, i get annoyed when i see on the same 1/2 days videos of different streamers using the same deck and i dont know who started and who copied, or if it was just random.

Regarding Trynet, i disagree with you. You state Trynet is smurfing because he plays at Rank 1 instead of Pro Rank but from what i see from other streamers, there isnt much difference between Rank 1 and low pro rank, there's plenty of noobs in both, you could even argue on Rank 1 its harder due to more "tryharding" to reach Pro.
Of course on high pro rank that's a different thing, but i dont think those are streaming due to the risk of streamsniping.

@Barracuda88 Regarding Habbla, who is my most watched streamer, its true, he makes a LOT of mistakes, which piss me off because for less knowledgeable players it might make it look like its the meme's cards fault, when it was Habblas mistake. Still, i defend Habbla and how entertaining he is, makes up for those negatives.

Regarding Fuchsia Briefs, another awesome thing i forgot to mention previously: maybe its because he's still a smaller streamer/creator trying to grow to bigger numbers, but he answers a lot of comments on his YT videos, which ive never seen anyone else do (i guess the others are more focused on Twitch and YT is an afterthought)

@Allistre True, i only included Trynet of the ambassadors. Like i said, i only watch YT and not twitch, and i dont think the other ambassadors post on YT, at least not very often.
McBeard does have a YT channel, and i love him as a caster, and like his videos, but there's not many.
Shinmiri, again i love him as caster, and he's the ambassador for my fav faction, but outside casting i only ever see him on clips from Dandelion Show.
Jaggerous, again love as a caster, but she barely posts on YT.

Pumpkin is (or was, not sure), incredibly popular, but again, only see his clips on Dandelion Show.
OceanMud i only found out because of his meme cadaverine deck and was interested to see if he had more original stuff, but could not find content of his at all.

(EDIT) Thanks to all the posts, i will try checking out some of your recommendations

I currently watch the following streamers on Twitch:

cceely: she's a great streamer. Really engages with the audience. A very strong player.

Lionhart: he's a personable streamer that is fun to listen to.

OceanMud: MO's faction ambassador. He has lots of fun mini-games that he plays with the audience between Gwent MO games.

Qcento01: very chill streamer. He has a zen like relaxing approach to the game.

Crozyr: Good player. Plays factions that I like to watch.

TheaBeasty: Very strong player. She creates really strong decks.

Avades: He's a good player. Interacts with the audience a lot.

Alright, prepare for another huge post, where i will add a few notes i forgot on OP, and also try to answer everyone so far!

Regarding Spyro_ZA, i have seen him as a caster a lot of times, and really enjoyed how professional he was in that role. I think he doesnt have YT, only twitch, and since you guys seem to agree he only plays meta, im not very interested.

@ya1 I completely agree with what you said about Freddybabes, which i forgot to write before - his meta snapshots are really absurd. I dont like meta reports anyway, but not because they're wrong, and freddy seems to just want to be different for the sake of being different.

Regarding TheaBeasty, i did watch a few videos and her matches on a tournament. It was long ago, and maybe she was just starting out, but i was dissuaded from the several noobish mistakes i saw, so like @EduFerraz pointed out, i fear part of her success is due to her good looks and not her Gwent skills - i hope im wrong and she's improved, though.

@rrc Regarding Freddybabes, i agree he plays more diverse decks nowadays, for example i really like how he started to put AllGod on a lot of his decks. You say he is pioneering some decks, but im not so sure, i get annoyed when i see on the same 1/2 days videos of different streamers using the same deck and i dont know who started and who copied, or if it was just random.

Regarding Trynet, i disagree with you. You state Trynet is smurfing because he plays at Rank 1 instead of Pro Rank but from what i see from other streamers, there isnt much difference between Rank 1 and low pro rank, there's plenty of noobs in both, you could even argue on Rank 1 its harder due to more "tryharding" to reach Pro.
Of course on high pro rank that's a different thing, but i dont think those are streaming due to the risk of streamsniping.

@Barracuda88 Regarding Habbla, who is my most watched streamer, its true, he makes a LOT of mistakes, which piss me off because for less knowledgeable players it might make it look like its the meme's cards fault, when it was Habblas mistake. Still, i defend Habbla and how entertaining he is, makes up for those negatives.

Regarding Fuchsia Briefs, another awesome thing i forgot to mention previously: maybe its because he's still a smaller streamer/creator trying to grow to bigger numbers, but he answers a lot of comments on his YT videos, which ive never seen anyone else do (i guess the others are more focused on Twitch and YT is an afterthought)

@Allistre True, i only included Trynet of the ambassadors. Like i said, i only watch YT and not twitch, and i dont think the other ambassadors post on YT, at least not very often.
McBeard does have a YT channel, and i love him as a caster, and like his videos, but there's not many.
Shinmiri, again i love him as caster, and he's the ambassador for my fav faction, but outside casting i only ever see him on clips from Dandelion Show.
Jaggerous, again love as a caster, but she barely posts on YT.

Pumpkin is (or was, not sure), incredibly popular, but again, only see his clips on Dandelion Show.
OceanMud i only found out because of his meme cadaverine deck and was interested to see if he had more original stuff, but could not find content of his at all.

(EDIT) Thanks to all the posts, i will try checking out some of your recommendations
Well, in fact i didnt say TheBeasty is only popular because her beauty.

Like I said, she really explains her decks and moves, and for me, regardless her beauty, I think that its cool.

But, i also think even she explaining there well, her decks are weak (for example, when shield wall has first apeared, i see her deck, bush deck and others youtube deck and for me her deck was the weakest of all)
Post automatically merged:

ah, I have a tip for you guys.

Almost all the videos i watch with the youtube speed set in 1,5x. So for those youtubers (or opponents) who stay a lot of time thinking the next move, the video in that speed is less boring

My list:

Trynet: I would say he's my favourite because he feels very professional. I particularly enjoy his short judgements in the description. Very informative.

BushR: he's my well of information regarding meta decks' weaknessess and strenghts.

Habbla: Haven't really seen many of his videos, but I admire his creativity with deckbuilding.

Theabeasty: she seems fun, but I haven't really had the time to watch her videos

Freddybabes: I like Freddy. He's kind of the champion of Beta in my eyes. I must admit however that sometimes I'm perplexed about his behaviour.

ya1

Forum regular
Sometimes he (Freddybabes) creates some decks which are Monsters (pun intended) like Keltulis/Ciri deck. It was him who first created this deck and then optimized by others.

According to what everybody says, Magpie123 from Aretuza made the Keltulis deck. It won him the Masters (or something) qualifiers.

rrc

Forum veteran
@rrc ...
The fact is, simply saying "pro rank" means nothing as it is full of noobs and I have no respect for pro rank, mainly because even I am in it. Any noob can get to pro rank. But the going gets tough post 2450 and 2500+ is the actual pro rank. Trynet used to play at that level well past 2500. He is such a strong great player. But now, he is playing at Rank 1 which is, of course, filled with try harders who just take the netdeck and play. Not all of them are 2500 fmmr worthy. I can even bet that 90% wont even go beyond 2450. Lately I saw that even he is not paying full attention to the game and makes some silly mistakes because he knows that it wont be important and he can still win.

I still like him a lot and have a lot of respect because he is such a great player. When SY was introduced, I was pledging for Trynet to be the ambassador in this very forum. But the actual games he play mean a lot less now since he is playing against noobs. His decks I like, his videos I like, but his streams, I have reduced the amount of time I watch that due to this.

Small Trivia: Pumpkn was the most famous streamer. And he is ST ambassador!! Whenever he is live, he will have the most viewers, even if Spyro is online at the same time, Pumpkn would be at 800ish and Sypro would be around 300ish. Now Pumpkn has (almost) quit, all the viewers are in Spyro's channel. If he comes back and becomes regular, I am sure he would again be the most viewed live stream for Gwent.
According to what everybody says, Magpie123 from Aretuza made the Keltulis deck. It won him the Masters (or something) qualifiers.
Freddy created a youtube video with this and kind of said he has created it and said that it can be optimized a lot. In his initial version, he had Ice Troll and all. Only after the video I started seeing such decks. MagPie getting the qualifier happened much late. Again, I don't know 100% surely. But Freddy creates very unique out of the box decks. Many months back, he created a Call Of Harmony (13 unique cards) with Efls and Feigh Death + Oak etc.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@rrc Correct me if im wrong, but since matchmaking in pro rank is based on MMR, and there's not that many player with 2450+, it creates a small pool of players, who end up playing against each other multiple times on a season, and using the most optimized decks, definitely in 'tryhard mode'.
I can not see how that would be entertaining to watch, i can barely endure watching a full 8player official tournament, i would rather watch someone use different decks everyday, and even Trynet doesnt stray too far from the meta, i've noticed even his supposed meme decks are often 50% meme, but 50% reliable powerful cards that can carry a match.

On a different note - after i made this thread, where i sang high praises of a certain streamer, and by pure coincidence, yesterday look who i was matched against on casual:

Holy sh-t its Briefs (3).jpg

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
@rrc Correct me if im wrong, but since matchmaking in pro rank is based on MMR, and there's not that many player with 2450+, it creates a small pool of players, who end up playing against each other multiple times on a season, and using the most optimized decks, definitely in 'tryhard mode'.
I can not see how that would be entertaining to watch, i can barely endure watching a full 8player official tournament, i would rather watch someone use different decks everyday, and even Trynet doesnt stray too far from the meta, i've noticed even his supposed meme decks are often 50% meme, but 50% reliable powerful cards that can carry a match.

On a different note - after i made this thread, where i sang high praises of a certain streamer, and by pure coincidence, yesterday look who i was matched against on casual:

View attachment 11064572
@DRK3 I am not saying there are not many players above 2450. What I said (with 0 proof with me, pulling that 90% thingy off of my back) was most of the people who reach pro rank wont go beyond 2450 and that majority of them will be playing below 2450, again with literally 0 proof :)
I was trying to make a point that pro rank is not something super hard to reach to respond to your point that pro rank and Rank 1 are close with.. While it may be true that Rank 1 and bottom pro rank may be the same, the scene above 2450 is different and that is where TryNet was playing and was winning a lot since he is such a great strong player. That was because I was sad that TryNet wont go to pro rank and play with players in his skill range. But I respect his choice.

On the off note about you playing against your most favorite streamer, apparently he reached 2k just yesterday and he already has 2.1k subscribers. Would it be because of your post? I am not sure, but I subscribed purely because of yours. So, credit where credit is due, I added a comment in that video mentioning you and this thread.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@rrc Yes, yes, i dont know why were arguing about high and low pro rank when we think and are saying the same thing :shrug:

I did watch that Fuchsia Briefs video, just a few hours before we played, after we played i tried adding him but he refused, which is understandable, i too refuse friend requests from players i dont know and i just played since most of them are just to throw insults, although we tied. Also, its possible he has the friend list full and cant accept every request because he's a streamer.

But thanks for following my recommendation and for the comment :cool:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
@rrc Yes, yes, i dont know why were arguing about high and low pro rank when we think and are saying the same thing :shrug:

I did watch that Fuchsia Briefs video, just a few hours before we played, after we played i tried adding him but he refused, which is understandable, i too refuse friend requests from players i dont know and i just played since most of them are just to throw insults, although we tied. Also, its possible he has the friend list full and cant accept every request because he's a streamer.

But thanks for following my recommendation and for the comment :cool:
I follow him since almost the beggening (i think, he has lower than 300 subscribe) and try to add him as a friend, but he didnt acept (and, of course, maybe because my name on youtube is JoseFerraz and not EduFerraz).

And in that tie he used something diferent? Or the same meta deck? As i can see he thined almost his deck, but i cant say if that its because he played something diferent or not.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I follow him since almost the beggening (i think, he has lower than 300 subscribe) and try to add him as a friend, but he didnt acept (and, of course, maybe because my name on youtube is JoseFerraz and not EduFerraz).

And in that tie he used something diferent? Or the same meta deck? As i can see he thined almost his deck, but i cant say if that its because he played something diferent or not.

He was using Call of Harmony, not Nature's Gift, so it was definitely not a meta deck.
But it was a quite standard version of Harmony, although it had portal for 2 fledglings on R1, then used WoBrokilon for the 2 usual fledglings on R3.

I was on blue coin and he pushed me really hard R1, forcing my 3 leader charges and a late Haunt so i didnt lose CA. It ended up making it look like i was a regular Deathwish deck when it was a double weavess deck, i only managed to tie because i had a purify to save my unit, as his 2 last cards were those 2 poisons that no longer triggered Harmony.

Top Bottom