Gwent that I desire

+
I want to share my opinion of how Gwent must look like, what a kind of game it must be to bring people fun and to bring success to you, developers.

1. Gwent’s style
I had already written some thoughts of it here.
Style, I think, is the main thing. Because style determines the vision of the game, what influences not only players, but developers themselves, so it determines the way of game evolution. If you choose dark, dirty and foggy styling, than you choose a way to oblivion. Such a game will no have future, because it goes to darkness. Darkness and oblivion are synonyms. Only light things attract attention, only shiny things are alive and remembered. Dark things are dead and forgotten. That’s why most popular games have light and clear style.
It’s quite simple: just don’t make disgusting style if you don’t want to push people away. You can make disgusting monsters, BUT they must be inside of an acceptable frame and the acceptable overall game style.
Every style have the main idea. What idea do we have now? It’s an idea of dark, dirty, mystical night battles in the open world. It’s not a Gwent’s and even card’s style and idea. You are trying to make an RPG game in open world like Witcher with cards like monsters, but it is not what Gwent is supposed to be. Gwent was mostly a tavern game, which is played in a relaxing and quite light friendly tavern atmosphere. It was played not in the mud and even not on the shiny glade, because every card game requiers soft and comfort place for slaming cards. So the game boards must mostly be like tavern tables, public house velvet tables and another acceptable places. Noone wants to slam his card into the mud, even if this card is made of gold or bronze (what is a strange thing actually, cause such a deck is too wide and heavy for easy pocket carryng), because after the game you must clear all the cards and hands of mud. No, no, no! Cards and mud are incompatible, that’s the reason why current Gwent looks very strange and disgusting. All card games are comfortable to play only at the tables when nothing will disturb players and their cards positions. Cards are looking good and essential with the table. And tables, or boards can be very different.
Another bad thing, as I already said, is a card’s material. Noone in Witcher’s universe made cards of metall. Metall is a money material. May be it’s not bad idea to make a card more valueable, but it is very hard to place a color picture on metall in that times, so it is looking strange. And such a deck of 25 cards would be too big and heavy. It’s another mismatch with reallity which makes game looking abnormal. You can use metall and gems for card decoration, but it must not look like thick metall plate. Card must look quite thin.
Another thing that I don’t like in current style is card’s frames. They are looking like we have a color picture, placed on metall, which is erased on borders. It’s unclear view. OBT Gwent’s cards had a strait metall board, which made card more definite. Current border is dirty, undefinite and unclear, just like you are really playing this cards in the mud.
And in general the whole game style looks undefinite and foggy, what is pushing people away. The style must be definite, understandable and recognizable, the game must have a face. Now I see just fog and darkness with some flashing lights in it.
I see the desirable Gwent’s face in this video:
And in this pictures:
941ecb18e4e6a32b3918b1e5f4c62104.jpg thumbnail-ru.jpg GfwD6Ua1G.jpg
It’s a tavern table, lightened with candles, and funny music and voices around, where you throw your thin cards decorated with metall and gems. Some of this cards are magical, cause they are animated. You can even explain their rarity because of their magical nature, that’s why every animated card includes some magical dust in itself.
Gwent’s style at most must be a tavern style with friendly light atmosphere, where you gather with friends to spend time with fun. May be Gwent can be played not only in the tavern, but still it is a game of many, so it must be light, open, clear and fun.

2. Realism
Everything in game must be realistic and logical to percieve it correctly. Rows for example.
First of all, I think that OBT’s three rows was bad, because we had 6 rows of cards. It’s too much, and that is why cards was very small, what was looking bad. Third row is unneded, because ballistas and catapults are devices that are ranged like mages and archers. So the third row was unneeded and not very logical complication. Now we have four rows of cards and cards are quite big. It’s looking much better.
Second thing: I think that we must have more row dependency. Swordsmen must not be placed in a back row. What will they do there with the swords? How will they win a battle? Will they throw their swords in the enemy staying behind unarmored archers? The same thing with archers, mages and catapults, which must not be placed in front row, cause they are too vulnerable and will be easily destroyed by enemy’s avangard. There are no such war commanders, who will do this in their right mind.
So almost every card must be strictly bound to its row. Some cards must have flexibility, but it must be logical. Why for example SK healer heals in a back row, but buffs in a front row? Where is logic here? Just remove such unlogical flexibility. Healers must never stand in the front.
Key thought here is: make cards bound to reallity better, better bound to the game’s lore. Don’t make cards like Nilf’s arbalist, who removes a card from enemy’s graveyard! What a madness is this? Why archers must do such things? Can you even imagine this way of action? I cannot. Don’t make such mismatches with Witcher world’s reality, cause it breaks game’s impression.

3. Automatical mechanics
Orders, charges and artifacts must be removed, because they are too complicated and looks strange to a card game. I don’t like any of this things. Reasons I wrote here.
All mechanics must work automatically. It is simpler, it is easier to realize and use on mobiles and it is just good for a card game.
Orders are breaking turn’s order, they gives u too much value in one turn, what is breaking a normal game’s flow.
Orders and charges are hard to use and it’s unpleasant experience.
Orders and charges are too easy to control by opponent, so their user can loose to much value.
That’s why they are unpopular.
If you remove orders and charges, you must remove artifacts or transform them to a special cards with “artifact” keyword like “organics” keyword.
I am standing for automechanics. User must just play a card on a some row or on a some card – and everything else must be done automatically. It’s simple, it does not garbages you with additional control and do not dissattract from thinking.
I think, most of the artifacts and other order and charge cards can be replaced by their automatical version.

4. Interesting mechanics.
Most current card’s mechanics are too stupid: buff or damage unit. Add more interesting mechanics, which are close to Witcher lore. Game must bring fun, and fun is not in stupidly damaging or buffing units. There must be more interesting conditions of card’s triggering, more shocking features, so you can gather many interesting combos.

5. Bronze quantity and synergies.
In my opinion, bronze cards represent common people, spells, weather and so on. Golden ones represent individuals, charismatic persons, unusual spells and catastrophic weather.
Golden cards are strong by their individual power, personal abilities. The bronze ones are strong in massivity. Simply saying, golds’ power is in quality, bronzes’ power is in quantity.
That’s why bronzes must have good synergies to make them valuable and they must have 3 pieces, or even 4 pieces to show their massivity and numbers. Bronzes are the commons, the are soldiers, a people. Their power is in synergy with each other, not in quality of one card by itself. Cause common people are the same: one common man means nothing, but when you have a bunch of common men, a trained soldiers, like temerian stripes, for example, they are power, more power than just you connect them one by one. You made some of this synergies with 4p vampires in Monsters and 4p maidens in NR, who acts better when together.
Golden cards in a contrast are the personalities, that's why they are the only ones. Their power is in their personal abilities and originality. Goldens are nobility, bronzes are the common people, a nation. Everyone must be respected in it's own way.
For example, there must not be just a 2hp wolf hitting by 2. Wolves are the power in a pack. So they must have some wolfpack synergy: for example, the power of their hits must grow bigger with any additional wolf on the board. It’s logical and good looking. In this way bronzes will never be just a useless fillers. They can win you a game! They can be a main part of winning strategy as it was in OBT. Now bronzes is just a fillers and you don’t wish to see them in your hand. It’s not good.
Finding bronze's synergies is not less, but may be even more interesting then finding golden cards. I remember those times when I searched for possibilities to pull out my bronze stripes or cavalry of Temeria. It was so good feeling when they came out of the deck together! So, deffenetly, bronzes must be in bigger numbers then two and must play a much better role in the game thanks to their synergy.

P.S. I have another two points, but I cannot write it here because of 10 000 chars restriction, so I write it after first another people's comments, if any.

Last edited:
It is quite difficult to answer such a long post, with 5 very different points to discuss. How are we supposed to discuss both aesthetics, deck Building and mechanics in the same topic?

I think it is easier to discuss each point in different topics, which already exist by the way. This topic seems redundant, and making a very long post does not make your point of view much clearer...

I just wanted to bring all points together and show a whole picture.

Another two points:

6. Understandable and fair ranked.
Current ranked is unfair and foggy like game at all. I still don’t understand how it works. Ingame description says not enough. I must go to internet and search additional information. It’s very bad. It must be intuitively clear like ranked in Hearthsone or OBT Gwent, where you are not pushed to play almost all the factions and where loose- and winstricks with no borders exist. You can easily fall to deep, if u are not making all for the win, if you are wintrading or playing experimental decks. HS ranked is simple and just: stronger players are on top, weaker ones are on the bottom. No lazy, wintrading and making foolish things players, and no players which just fills their MMR for unloved faction making stupid moves.
Current ranked push you to have almost all cards, what is hard for novices, who can be a smart players, but with no cards. It’s kind of unfair. It is not made for people, it is made for game owners to push people buy more kegs. That’s why I wrote the next point.

7. Expensive cards.
Just make cards more expensive in ingame currency, so people treasure every card more and will buy every keg like a sweet present.
This politic (it is HS politic btw) will push people to gather a one strong and valued deck and play it for winning to get more cards. And this is enough and fair when you must not play for four factions for reaching top. Many people like only one faction and play it most of time. You must not deny them an opportunity to do so. Just make cards more expensive and that’s why more valued for collecting. That will push people to buy kegs better than need of playing four of five factions.
It is an essense of collecting card game, when cards have appropriate value for valuing them and collecting like treasures.

Last edited:
7. Expensive cards.
Just make cards more expensive in ingame currency, so people treasure every card more and will buy every keg like a sweet present.

I've raised this point in another thread actually:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...more-new-big-value-contracts-please.10999690/

In brief: We get too much for scraps, and we do not get enough reward points. I think cards should cost much more in scraps. I have most cards of both Nilfgaard and Northern Realms, but I'm not near to finishing their reward books! This annoys me. I'd rather finish the reward books and have less cards.

It would boost the card collection aspect of the game to increase the cards costs in scraps. It would also make completionists happy if it was easier to complete the reward books. Currently it is way too easy to complete your collection with scraps alone.

About...

1)
I don't agree with all things said, but the table from the trailer you've linked is a good starting point for the design of a fitting tavern table game board. The current thronebreaker battle simulator design including 3d leaders doesn't fit multiplayer Gwent in my eyes.

3)
Closed beta certainly was the best in terms of realism with row locked units and symmetric,row locked weather, just saying.

4)
True

5)
In my opinion there should be a minimum of 15 bronzes per deck, 3 bronze max copies and provisions only for gold cards.
Everyone must be respected in it's own way.
For example, there must not be just a 2hp wolf hitting by 2. Wolves are the power in a pack. So they must have some wolfpack synergy: for example, the power of their hits must grow bigger with any additional wolf on the board. It’s logical and good looking.
Now you've synergy between copies of the same card, but there is one step missing: In which archetype do they fit? If they don't support a specific archetype they either will be played in any deck or in none, because all the other cards don't matter. So if we take your ability we need some sort of woodland archetype there other cards exist, which spawn additional wolves to increase the value you gain playing them.

6)
The current ladder system is grindheavy, unfriendly towards new players and boring.
The old 'casual' ladder used to be much more intense. I can still remember the first time I've reached grandmaster, the tension while coming closer and closer to my goal, the annoyance of reaching 4499 MMR instead of the needed 4500 and joy after I had finally made it.

7)
Gwent's economy is one of the biggest advantages over other card games. They also have the best premium art. Seems to be more logical to focus on making it harder to get premiums without buying powder. They actually did that, but pretty late.

Last edited:
In which archetype do they fit?
It was just an example. And they can fit no archetype, just be a neutrals for everyone. Why not?
Gwent's economy is one of the biggest advantages over other card games.
Powder is not enough. Kegs by themselves must cost higher in ore equivalent, card creation must cost higher too. This cheap cards and easy to buy kegs do not make me, for example, value my collection. For me it was too easy to earn it. So I don't play more, I don't respect other people with cool golden cards, because it is too easy to get them. Value must be higher! It's beter as for developers, so for players! With cheap cards there is no collecting thirst, no pleasure when you get a golden card from a keg. Is it an advantage? I don't think so.

It was just an example. And they can fit no archetype, just be a neutrals for everyone. Why not?

I've already described the problem. There are two options: Either they generate enough value to be playable or they are not. Since there is no synergy with other cards, the value is independent from the deck you put them in. So if they are playable you can put them in any deck; if they don't generate enough value, then you'll never play them. That's absolutely not desirable. Furthermore I think that decks, where a lot of cards synergize with each other in some way, are way more fun to play than decks that have only very small 'packages' that synergize with each other.

I want to share my opinion of how Gwent must look like, what a kind of game it must be to bring people fun and to bring success to you, developers.

1. Gwent’s style

P.S. I have another two points, but I cannot write it here because of 10 000 chars restriction, so I write it after first another people's comments, if any.

1. I love Gwent's artstyle. I would hate it if they went Hearthstone route. I suppose they could add some highlights, but their current style goes with your point 2 -- realism. I personally like it.

2. I agree here somewhat -- the game should have thematic cards that make sense. Deithwin arbalist now for example makes no sense. 3 rows was definitely overkill, but I think they should make their melee/ranged rows now more meaningful. While there is some "play things you'd like to be safer at the back, things that are more aggressive at the front" often times it doesn't matter, and it should. I think ALL cards should have melee/ranged effects. While not all cards need to be extravagant, it can be as simple as: Melee damage enemy by 1, Ranged boost self by 1 (for the most simple bronze card for example)... more interesting units like Yen could do different things... Maybe, but currently things are a bit vanilla.

3. Agree, they could learn something from hearthstone here... While I think hearthstone fails in that it's too automated, I think things like NR order/charge should be reworked in some manner. A balance can be reached... I don't mind cards getting activated once theyre on the board.

4. Agree... need some interesting things. The core of the problem is that things just die too quickly, so there's not much you can do to a unit. Thronebreaker you had tons of units, all doing different things, things would stick to the board, and the end of the round would often get crazy (and fun) with tons of effects going on.. it truly felt like a battle of armies.

5. Agree here. The game feels too gold-centric. Golds should be your fancy tech cards that add flavour and character to your decks. Instead, golds are what you NEED to win.
Bronze feels often ineffective and more like filler... and at worst, dead draws. With the exception of Skellige, which has well designed bronze cards that have thematic effects that is. Bronze units SHOULD be durable, and SHOULD be able to win you rounds if you play your cards right. Some golds do add the tech flavour, but currently it feels like "if you didn't draw your golds, you lose".

6. I like how the ladder works now. Climbing doesnt feel punishing and rewards you to keep playing. Of course, reaching pro ladder should then change things for people who really want to climb and play more "seriously"

7. I love this game's economy. Hearthstone's stingy rewards and trash packs are one of the reasons I quit. Gwent offers a lot for free, and keeps me engaged in a superficial way. That being said, I hope they add more cards, and for monetization, they can add new fancy cardbacks, or whatever. They do have meteorite powder, but there aren't enough boards to justify purchasing it since I enjoy farming up the meteorite powder and saving up for the ornaments.
That being said, if they added more, then meteorite might be worth getting.
I'll def be pre-ordering their next expansion, so there's that -- and I really really hope they do more Witcher tales. Thronebreaker was incredible, I'd easily preorder another one.

current style goes with your point 2 -- realism
Is playing cards in the mud realistic? If u want to make analog of clashing armies on the battlefields, just use no cards, but 3d-figures, like in chess. Cards are cards! They are 2d. Their place is on the table, not in the mud. Card on the ground looks very bad.
I would hate it if they went Hearthstone route.
I don't mean HS cartoonish route. Of course, not. One reason, why I don't like HS is too childish style. I like Witcher's realistic style very much. But it must not be dark, because it's a tavern game, played for fun, it's not an open world adventure simulator.
The core of the problem is that things just die too quickly
Agree. There is too much control. Because control is too cheap. It must cost higher since it breaks plans and combos of ur opponent, which can generate much value. So control is always very valueable.
I love this game's economy
I hate it. For 2 month playing just for 6 round win, I've collected 11000 ore, buying almost nothing. It's 110 kegs! When new expansion comes out, I just buy everything, I'll have all cards in one day! It is not interesting as for me, so for developers. Such a situation is for many players: they already have too much resources to buy everything they want. Why must they want to buy kegs or mirror's shards for real money? Who will do this? I think, almost noone. As I said, there is no collecting thirst. When I played HS, I was glad for every pack, I buy, glad for every arena ticket. Because for one day u could save money just for one ticket and 1,5 packs. And u always was in need of cards. To create a legendary or even an epic card - it is so hard there. So when u do that u use it in almost every deck of yours, becuse it gives u power. I cannot discribe all my feelings, but simply sayng: u will never value things, u've got easy. So, economic is very bad, it must be reworked to make people "work" harder and to value their "work".

Last edited:
I know what you mean. Some boards are a bit dark... Well some are. I really like the new board, but for me I personally love aedirn and Mahakam board. I suppose future board could pop a bit more while still maintaining Witcher aesthetic.

Gwent should find a way to monetize better, but I really think letting players access cards easy is important. It let's you experiment and build decks. I personally don't find cards more special in hearthstone because they're hard to get. It's just frustrating. If a card is good everyone will have it... It just becomes par for course, and not having it makes you at a disadvantage .

It just becomes par for course, and not having it makes you at a disadvantage
Not really, cause there are many cheaper cards, u can use to deal with the expensive ones. It is never a problem. I want to say, that many tier 1 decks are very cheap there (agro-decks), and they win because of their swiftness and use of cheap silence cards. So there is always a way. If CDPR makes bronzes valueable because of synergy, then golden cards would not be so needed. So, poor men will win because of tactics with cheap bronzes and they will be very glad to get some golds and add them to their deck.
it is ok, it is real mediavel economy with poor and the rich ones. Poor ones get u by numbers, rich ones are more refined and original with their golds. But, as u know, golden decorated armor of nobility is not much better than common one and will not give u autowin. It's in many cases just a symbol of ur achievments, but not a win condition.
Post automatically merged:

Another thing about economy: do u remember Gwent quests of Witcher 3? There was very rare cards, which anyone wanted to get and even kill for it. It was very hard to gather all collection, so u value every card u get on your way. If everyone in that world have all cards, would the game be interesting? No and It wouldn't be a collecting game already. People would become lazy, make stupid moves, because there are not needed of win. Abundance breeds laziness and boredom.
Cheap cards, obviously, is another reason of Gwent's boredom. Prizes must be valueable to make people want to get them and play better.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 Gwent was a very different experience. It was never meant to be competitive and you were supposed to be able to break it and win every time. Finding rare cards was special because these cards were immensely broken... Which is fine since you're playing NPCs.
Gwent multiplayer is about being able to outplay your opponent. The fun of the game is in the construction and then usage of your decks. Arbitrarily holding back cards behind paywalls and timewalls is not a fun mechanic.
It's the worst part about modern gaming. See the example of EA Battlefront sense of pride and accomplishment by spending 40hours to unlock one character. It's not a good idea. Witcher 3 u would need to go out and find cards in weird places or win them. In multiplayer, it's all a slot machine. Finding a new card requires no skill, just time.
I also don't feel better that I have more cards than newer players. I feel bad that they are so restricted.
I think cdpr balanced this well.
If you are bored with the core game, why even bother collecting.
This is my take on it. The last thing cdpr should do is make cards harder to get.
I don't understand your reasoning for abundance breeds laziness and bad moves. You think people won't play as hard because they don't need to win? People play to win a match because it's competitive. They don't play to win because they need to get more cards. I know what you're thinking but I think it's a large leap from actual human psychology.
Sure, give us more cards. But include more cosmetics for us to unlock. More ways to spend the resources.

See the example of EA Battlefront sense of pride and accomplishment by spending 40hours to unlock one character.
I don't play such games. Cannot say anything.
Finding a new card requires no skill, just time.
It requiers skill, because if u don't win, u yearn nothing. That condition must be introduced too. Nowadays u can loose 6 games, winning just one round per game and u get a daily minimum reward. It must be restricted too. No rewards for loosing. No experience for lost games. Because this push some people to surrender games for easy XP. But if u get reward just for winning, noone will ever think of loosing. And everyone will build a good decks with maximum power.
People play to win a match because it's competitive.
U'r mistaking: people don't play Gwent. It's unpopular now. Reasons are described above. One of them is an economy of cheap cards, when u don't have any motivation to win more and because of supporting loosers, who cannot even fall deeper, when they must. Game is too tolerant to loosers, so there is not so many reasons to be a winner and that's why there is no so many reasons to play at all.

Last edited:
Another thing has come to mind: do you remember Pyranha Bytes' two first the most popular Gothics? I think two of the points of their popularity were realism and poor economy. Realism was in bleak colors and hard and big numbered monsters, in a hard atmosphere, where everyone thinks mostly of himself. In that games u must do everything by yourself and think about the best ways of problems solving. And the biggest problem (which is actually included in the realism point) was the problem of your initial poverty, when u must work even on the fields and collect the beets to have some money. It was so cool when u grew up from naked man with a wooden club, who can be easyly killed by any wolf to dangerous hunter or a paladin or even a mage. It was so cool, I went through all the ways and not only for one time.
gothic-08.jpg 99iZEv.jpeg
"Rags to riches" economy is very cool motivator and it's very realistic. If bleak world style is not compatible with Gwent since it's social game, played in a lightened soft places, then "rags to riches" economy must be copied to Gwent as from lovely by many Gothic, so from popular and successfull Gwent's opponent - Hearthstone. Even if u take all another popular games (most of them are Battle Royale type): GTA, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Dark Souls - there is always a "rags to riches" economy. May be, it's even a key secret of all popular games' success.

Last edited:
My example about the EA title doesn't require you to play it or not, it was to illustrate how reviled modern video game practices of time-gating players is. That comment about "grinding gives sense of pride and accomplishment" is the most disliked comment in reddit history -- unless something new took it's place. "Play for 100 hours or pay us $50" is not a good strategy for the majority of players -- 'pay to win' is a recipe for failure, and models that are 'free to play' but strongly encourage you to spend money otherwise you'll never catch up bleed their playerbase over the years rather than grow it (Hearthstone).

I get that you like collecting, but you have to remember that this is a competitive game and not an RPG. You can show off your time/skill through your avatar/border/title/cardback, but this is really where it needs to end. I suggested that CDPR should create more things for "collectors" to acquire, but this should never be the cards themselves.

Ask yourself this, are you proud of owning Geralt of Rivia? Were you proud before it became free for everyone, and then less so after it was? What about owning the Crones trio... when you play the Crones trio, do you feel like you in some way "earned" those cards over someone else? When you see other players using the Crones trio, does it make them feel less special to you?
What do you think about a new player spending $200 and having the exact same collection as you after no hours of play? How would you distinguish them in game (other than them making beginner mistakes)?

Again, it all goes back to this is not an RPG, or even a game like Fortnite. In Fornite, since you brought it up: Better guns are not hidden away from newer players... the only difference is cosmetic. Everyone has a fair shot -- which is exactly how competitive games need to be implemented. When you play chess, do you get to use the queen after years of grinding, or would that make the game dumb? The modern equivalent would be newer players use a plain wooden set, whereas veterans will get to bring out their fancy marble sets... but in the end, both have a fair shot.

CDPR found a great balance of allowing their playerbase to access the cards they need to be competitive and have fun with their game. Being stuck with a couple of factions for 1-2 years is not good game design, and Blizzard is successful in SPITE of this. 1. They have Blizzard resources, and the Warcraft name to go upon, 2. They were the first card game to reach a mass audience -- their only real competitor being terribly executed versions of Magic the Gathering.

You can visit the Hearthstone forums and you'll see the complaints about their game's design, the difficulty of getting cards, and how frustrated players are with the way they're monetizing it recently. Look at Riot games, and how they remained free to play over the years while still bringing in tons of cash -- they offer tons of cosmetics for their players, and you can earn a large number of competitive, meta-level champs just by playing. Veteran players will have more cosmetics, but newer accounts will never feel like they don't have a fair chance.

I'm not expecting to convince you on this, which is fine, and I like a lot of your other points for improvement, but the game's economy is not one of this game's flaws -- in fact it's one of their best selling points. Also, the consensus among gamers is also in favour of this fair practice. Let's get new sets of cards (they're coming), and let's get new cosmetics that we can earn (new boards are a good start for meteorite, but perhaps there is something scraps can do for those players who have everything -- other than 4k premium kegs, there will need to be something else they add to the game which brings new flourish).

I understand that u r standing for free cards for everyone. But it breaks collecting nature of CCG. It MUST be collecting. It is one of the interests of this game. To collect, to take reward. But now it is really more like chess or majong, where everyone has everything. Than why make collecting elements? Just remove it. I can suggest that more then half of people will leave it after such decision. Almost noone playes chess and majong. And almost noone will play fully free CCG. People want to have things to value. If someone pays for big bunch of kegs - it is his right. It is support for developers, for making more cards and enchantments for a game. Do u really want develepers to work for free and even organize championship for free?
Life doesn't work this way. Work must be payed. Work has value. Time has value. Witchers lived in the same real world. They fought for money, to buy equipment at least to continue their struggle. Wealth is part of life. And CDPR are worthy to be wealthier for their work. At least they must be payed to continue their work. But u want them to work for free for u to take some fun, paying nothing. It's kind of egoistic from ur side.
Let be players with all cards bought for money. Ok. They pay for game development, pay for u, free player, to continue playing free, exchanging ur time for cards. They cannot buy skill and game understanding and they cannot add all their golds to deck. May be they just don't want to loose their precious time for cards earning. Let them at least buy all cards they want. But even this is not so easy, because kegs are RNG. All is in your hands to beat them. U have experience and understanding, what they have not. If bronzes will be more valueable, u won't even need many golds. For example, SK now wins mostly because of good and cheap bronze cards. And just use ur brain to get working combinations with what u have. Isn't it interesting?
I don't understand ur complaints, really. With provision restriction (or golden card's quantity like in OBT), this game will never be pay for win.

Last edited:

7. Expensive cards.
This politic (it is HS politic btw) will push people to gather a one strong and valued deck and play it for winning to get more cards. And this is enough and fair when you must not play for four factions for reaching top. Many people like only one faction and play it most of time. You must not deny them an opportunity to do so. Just make cards more expensive and that’s why more valued for collecting. That will push people to buy kegs better than need of playing four of five factions.
It is an essense of collecting card game, when cards have appropriate value for valuing them and collecting like treasures.

I disagree.

If you enjoy the collection aspect of the game, focus on premiums, but do not make the standard cards even more difficult to get.
That would only mean that you cannot enjoy playing competitive decks without pay per win or without investing a ridiculous amount of time.
If I were stuck only being able to play one deck all the time I would have quit long ago...
And that is precisely why I don't enjoy the other card games which are won not on skill alone, but on how much money you have to get the good cards; that's just not for me...

P.S.: If we could get a non glamourous "black and white photocopy"-version of every card for a reasonable price I would pay it without double thinking about it...
Post automatically merged:

But even this is not so easy, because kegs are RNG.
P.S.2: Was something similar with loot crates not declared gambling for some other video game?
In the end, isn't this model slightly polemical to say the least, because there is a risk of people getting addicted to buying kegs just to get the gambling thrill of what new cards will be there?
I actually like that you can buy the meteor powder to speed up the completion of the premiums collection. No gambling involved, you can "treasure" the digital card animations as much as you want and you support the devs... win win.

Last edited:
That would only mean that you cannot enjoy playing competitive decks without pay per win or without investing a ridiculous amount of time.
I just want this CCG to be CCG. What means Collecting Card Game. There must be players' slums and lux zones. So everyone should want to get from slums to lux. So people play more, play better. It will make more on-line, more popularity.
When people have everything, they are not interested in playing more and even in playing better. And just that breaks your favorite game competitiveness. There must be tension, wishes, desires to go upper, to get more. That's how real life works.
But u offer easy satisfaction, which will bring just laziness. That what we have now: players are lazy, they play very little. And they are in small numbers.

Top Bottom