GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME GOLD IMMUNITY UPDATE

+
arihuss;n9400021 said:
According to previous streams, they will only refund the cards that have really been nerfed in some way (either with rework or base power), the rest of balance and changes are meant to either give them an improved funcionality (i.e Harold the cripple) or a similar power to the one they had before (e.g. all foglets doesnt appear/resurrect, however, now they have their base power as 4 each)

You may wonder "hey but foglets gave you 6 value instead of 4, so how it doesnt apply as nerf and give refund?", well, you know, they were op and annoying, so no.

In the end, CDPR has the last word to say whcih should and shouldnt recieve refund, and i think its quite fair since they already give a lot of rewards and let you choose your last card from each keg, so you have a lot of chances chances to either get or craft the new cards (and most of them are bronze). In any case, you can buy some more kegs if not to get those cards, to at least show appreciation for the hard work CDPR is putting in this wonderful game!

Okay, I can see the reasoning there. But, for example, calling changing the Wild Hunt Riders from sticking around under some condition to increasing the frost damage by 1 either improved functionality or similiar power is kind of a strech, beecause is does totally change their functionality and the type of deck you will want to put them into. But I am willing to concede based on your second point (that giving us a full refund at all is pretty fair to begin with).

Please update moving cards such as Northern Realm's Reinforcement, I was looking forward transmuting it since I expected the soldiers to march but was disappointed when I saw the moving version... Look at the new Temerian Drummer card, the troops are marching on that one so can you update Reinforcement to be as awesome?

Elmachtronic;n9398831 said:
Why cards that change don't take full refund like foglet?

Some cards, like Alba Pikeman, haven't been strictly nerfed. Some would even argue they've become better. So I guess they decided some changes aren't worthwhile to refund them.

Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't (Coral comes to mind). Doesn't matter much, really. In Elder Scrolls: Legends, you only get refunds for cards you effectively crafted, instead of deliberately taking nerfed cards out of boosters you open now just to exchange them for either rarity ones, or keeping them excess until they are nerfed so you can bank. So we should be thankful.

Burza46;n9395441 said:
NEUTRAL/GENERAL Gold cards no longer by default immune to Damage and card abilities, allowing for more interaction.

Will we be able to milled the gold cards and recover the full value?

Hi. This will be my first post and I'd like to share my first impressions from the update.

The good stuff:
* No more gold immunity. I think this is a welcome change that will more or less revolutionize how we play Gwent. It will take some time to getting used to and I wouldn't be surprised if some gold cards turn out to be very op but for now, I'm happy.
* Some much needed changes to Reaver hunters and Celaeno harpies.
*More bronze cards. The game is in desperate need of more cards so this is good.

The meh:
*Why swap the abilities of Kaedweni seargant and Blue stripes scout?
*By the looks of it, Monsters is still the go-to faction when you want to win games.
*The Whale Harpooner is just overly complicated. With that, I'm not saying that I do not understand what it is doing but that it is trying to hard. Right now, it feels like almost every card has to make some quirky reactive play but what the game really needs is just some basic cards with some meat. The fact that most factions doesn't have a bronze card without a deploy ability says it all.
*With the removal of trios, NR lost some of its flavor and doesn't look as fun (or strong) to play anymore.

The bad:
*No change to the Letho-DB-combo.
*Tremors seems very strong.
*The fact that Xarthisius now can look at the opponents complete deck AND move a card to the bottom is crazy. If anything, he should not have a body at all but he's 10 strength!
*With golds now targetable, Morenn can kill gold cards like Rainfarm, Shani, Eilhart, Ithlinne, Coral, Kayran ...and the list goes on before its deploy ability! And even if the opponent doesn't play a gold she will always be good for 13 strength.

Also, you should really undo the changes made to Birna Bran cause she went from a unique gold to a really shitty one. A Skellige storm with a value of 3? Really? At the very least give me a chance to mill her for her full value.

Raunbjorn

Jokfish;n9398491 said:
Is anyone else seeing the in-game patch notes as the July 5th ones?

Yeah. Thank fuck I found out cause I was about to mill all those cards lol. Would've been so pissed if I actually did that.

NR was nerfed so fucking hard, I think I might be done with this game for a while. I cannot figure out how to make this deck work anymore. Henselt can only apply his effect to specific NR sub-factions? What the hell? It's totally confusing. And Revers lost their main advantage. NR is worthless now imo.

Strudelnog;n9403911 said:
NR was nerfed so fucking hard, I think I might be done with this game for a while. I cannot figure out how to make this deck work anymore. Henselt can only apply his effect to specific NR sub-factions? What the hell? It's totally confusing. And Revers lost their main advantage. NR is worthless now imo.

Yup... Unfortunately, after I finished building my NR deck today, for which I sacrificed most of my other units and decks, it just became irrelevant. Just when I was getting the hang of it. So same as you, guess that's that for now. Cheers.

Shahzaky;n9403481 said:
Also, you should really undo the changes made to Birna Bran cause she went from a unique gold to a really shitty one. A Skellige storm with a value of 3? Really? At the very least give me a chance to mill her for her full value.

I agree, her old ability was more fun to play.

Wildhounds still works, at least they buffed drowners and archgrifin.
Sucubus needs some armor and why cyprian wiley cant kill that bitch of morenn...

Last edited:
Sorry for my bad English. I have a problem that annoys me. I chose premium hjalmar (that I already own) in my starter pack instead of premium shani (which I do not own) because hjalmar is in the full mill refund list in the game. Same probleme with succubus that is on the full mill refund list. Unfortunately I learned later that the in game list was wrong. Is there a possibility that I get the full mill value for this 2 cards? Or at least my premium shani back in exchange of hjalmar? I feel cheated. Thanx

I'm updating client as I write so all I can say about "patch notes" is:
If gold cards aren´t immune anymore to most of card effects, what makes the difference between them and silver cards?
About all the cards changed and the new ones I can only have an opinion after I check all the cards in collection when my client is updated. Therefore, so far my feedback is equal to patch notes info.
Cheers,

WillDragon;n9406761 said:
If gold cards aren´t immune anymore to most of card effects, what makes the difference between them and silver cards?

some effects say "bronze" or "bronze or silver" card, so there are still less effects that affect gold cards than others.

Top Bottom