GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME GOLD IMMUNITY UPDATE

+
It looks like almost everyone is either saying "let's see how it works out" or "Wow this is bad." It's unusual to see such unity on an issue, I think.

It makes me wonder where this patch came from; I doubt people were clamoring for it. Personally I've "tried it" and I'm honestly considering taking out most of my gold cards now. They just aren't special in many cases anymore; the bronze cards already have lots of synergy as they were written often to affect and modify each other, while gold cards weren't written with the assumption that they'd get boosted by synergy and such.

Inidividual immunities would be better, more flavorful and still granting reasonable power. I'd like to see that Geralt doesn't die anti-climatically from some random trivial spell, so hell, make him un-killable by non-golds or at least un-killable by bronzes.
The unseen elder could be completely untargetable and still be fine, I think.
I'm fine with Eredin being immune like geralt, or at least to weather, at the very minimum.
Maybe the Scoia could be immune to spells, I don' t know. Or just go back to the pre-patch gold. :p
Kambi and a few others need to be resistant as well, or re-worked entirely.
I'm ok with the Succubus being targetable, being strong enough already to survive an alzur thunder and challenging to thwart.

This patch, concerning gold immunity, is great. The fact that people whine and cry about it to no end and have to think deeper doesn't mean it isn't a good change.

Think deeper?! Common! Like NR with armor, yea, that requires tons of thinking! I can practically guess every card being played. I agree that golds at times are more liability than help. You broke a pretty darm good game, cdproject

tiferet;n9445831 said:
Like NR with armor, yea, that requires tons of thinking!

Your sarcasm lacks understanding. There are no other viable NR decks to play because of the nerfs. Show me a NR deck that out-performs the armor approach and I'll get on board.

Some of us like factions and want to stick with the investment they made in them. Call it what you want.

Strudelnog;n9447181 said:
Your sarcasm lacks understanding. There are no other viable NR decks to play because of the nerfs. Show me a NR deck that out-performs the armor approach and I'll get on board.

Some of us like factions and want to stick with the investment they made in them. Call it what you want.

This is not an issue with specific faction. Play what you wish if it works. This is a game and games meant to be won.

My point is - bronze synergy now is way too strong, that it outdoes any effect from gold cards, making gold cards really useless with small exception. For example 3 drummers could be pulled 100% if there is one in hand and buff 3 points per round making them more stable than gold butterfly.

I don't like the changes to Gold cars. What's the piont of having bronze, silver and gold now? As a result Dimeritium bombs usefulness is reduced as well. There are many tactics in the game and one of them is trying to be able to go to the last round with your strongest cards. It starts with the deck building skills and not what cads get drawn in a match. Alzurs thunder and regular weather cards affecting a Gold card is riddiculous to me. I'd rather have that ability given to Ragnarock and balance some gold cards like Meno Cohorn and Give Geralt lower base strength but keep the ability to boost if on losing score. I think the gold card changes were not given enough thought and it kind of took away the 'spice' from Gwent.

So i´m not the type of guy to comment to much in forums but, i played Magic the Gathering for 20 years and we had a problem in the meta, like OP cards or anything of that sort that speciefic card would be addressed or the rulling would be re-worked, i know this is not MTG but i played the open beta with more or less 400 hours in Gwent and like everyone i saw what the problematic cards were, CDPR fixed those problems the only issue was that in the fixing they, imo , gave to much power to alot of bronzes and removing the immunity from golds and not balancing them for what was to come was an error but all things said is a good patch overall but still golds need to be resolved because then it doesn´t make sense bronzes beeing stronger than your golds.

Golds should be immune to all bronze cards and bronze card effects, except it explained otherwise at card information. But can be affected by silver and gold cards/effects. That will give a tactical depth to game and golds will not lose their place in our hearts and lore. This update messed with game lore and logic alot. Think about it "Epidemic" kills phillipa eilhart first? or "Azure's Thunder" kills yennefer easyly? that sorcerer controls lightning... Come on where is your soul developers, dont make this game against lore.

gigabomb;n9428191 said:
I'm playing the hotfix waiting game. Even the patch notes aren't in the client.

Yes they are, you have to completely uninstall the game and then re-install it (includes saves). Same thing on the consoles. Once you do, the patch notes will be there. Verified and tested.

Strudelnog;n9447181 said:
There are no other viable NR decks to play because of the nerfs.

Another "definitely not lazy" NR "strategy": Henselt + Kaedwen Siege Master. Non-armor "strategy" for NR and still an easy way for people like that to win.

A pity, truly. CDPR has been shamelessly favouring NR since Closed Beta.

HenryGrosmont;n9444841 said:
This patch, concerning gold immunity, is great. The fact that people whine and cry about it to no end and have to think deeper doesn't mean it isn't a good change.

I would argue that the game is a lot less tactical without gold immunity. It certainly doesn't require deeper thinking now.

Lornick77;n9606421 said:
I would argue that the game is a lot less tactical without gold immunity. It certainly doesn't require deeper thinking now.

How? as I know most of the gold abilities works as soon as you play it.. there are only few gold which works par turn like yen:con, sk gold ship etc. At least I don't see any major change in tactics where deeper thinking is needed but no gold immunity really adds the players to focus on every card & not only on golds as they are immune to damage.

Lornick77;n9606421 said:
This:
l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n9606511 said:
How? as I know most of the gold abilities works as soon as you play it.. there are only few gold which works par turn like yen:con, sk gold ship etc. At least I don't see any major change in tactics where deeper thinking is needed but no gold immunity really adds the players to focus on every card & not only on golds as they are immune to damage.
Plus the fact that people were just keeping the golds for the 3rd round drop. I'd say, this wasn't a deep thinking at all...

Top Bottom