GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME HOTFIX IS NOW LIVE!

+
Not a great patch. Feels like they adjusted the stuff based on day one, but meta developed already.
Mulligan elves is a bit overpowered perhaps, but that stemmolford's tremors deck is only good for laughs.
Realy felt the game was quite balanced. Of course, not every archetype is usefull, but most factions were playable.

then you create a whole deck to work with some cards, but the whole deck depends on cards, and only as cards that get total remains are they changed, but what if the deck itself has lost competitiveness because of the cards that took nerf, the whole deck should receive the full value of the cards, very unfair it.

Ouderkirkj;n9469581 said:
Pretty sure Renew broke in this update. Dijkstra pulled Renew and it gave me Shani and I never had her once in the game.

Now Renew can resurrect your opponent's Gold cards too, so I guess that was the case.

myc24

Forum regular
I dont know how the interaction with ST and MHS didnt get addressed. ST's ability to pull your whole side to one row and half it is just insane. They took that tool from SK, why? maybe it was to strong? Either that card or ST ability to move so many of their oppents cards should be adjusted.

myc24;n9473201 said:
I dont know how the interaction with ST and MHS didnt get addressed. ST's ability to pull your whole side to one row and half it is just insane. They took that tool from SK, why? maybe it was to strong? Either that card or ST ability to move so many of their oppents cards should be adjusted.
This exact interaction was present pre-patch as well. Hailstorm wasn't changed, and neither were any of the movement cards. Why didn't you complain then?
The interaction is fine.

Gregory_Black;n9472741 said:
Now Renew can resurrect your opponent's Gold cards too, so I guess that was the case.
It's only a bug due to Dijkstra. Renew is working, but if you play it with Dijkstra, you get your opponent's graveyard since Dij is on the opponent's side.

KingPegasus;n9471931 said:
Iris is very strong with gold being targetable and so many control cards. This is still 25 points boost. But you can have like 10+ units with all the new cards quite easily and get crazy value out. As it stands, 25 - 6, iris gives you max of 19.
But it also requires that you kill her, so she eats another card.
The only scenario I can see her play is weather. And really, Monsters have enough good Silvers to not even bother using her.

Well, henselt 3 seige support, play some flanky (3 units each), reaver scouts some more, then iris and ram her? Or woodland spirit, c harpy etc and iris? You can Cyclops iris to death quite easily. Plenty was to make it worth a lot. But other cards are worse. Trollolol is by far the most op card untouched imo. Heavy calvery should maybe do 5 armour max then it would be more fair.

I was hoping to see some changes to Monster facton:facepalm:
& any chance of making Gold cards immune Again?

KingPegasus;n9473531 said:
then iris and ram her

Yeah, shove that big "stick" up her... ahem, I am getting sidetracked here.

KingPegasus;n9473531 said:
Trollolol is by far the most op card untouched imo.

Trollololo on his own isn't strong. It's only the combo with Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry. The thing is, the Troll can be countered in a lot of different ways. He is no more threatening than leaving units like Champion of Champions unchecked to roam freely.

Not a fan of the Vrihedd nerf, namely that you have to get rid of a good value card from your hand in order to get a good boost. Together with the value nerf this means mostly 9-point Officers, while Spotters, Dun Banner and Captains remain unchanged. I think the value nerf alone would have been enough. Sage and Stammelford nerfs are OK, though as someone said before, it feels like the nerf-hammer came down because of one specific deck list. I think just fixing the sages like you did would have been enough. Stammelford is a neutral card (was, actually, since it's now RIP).

In short, Scoiatael enjoyed their two weeks of OP. Now it's the age of Armor and Spies.

Ok, just nerfs to ST. Nothing to Avallach, Trollollo, and a few others golds.
Time to stop playing the game.

Overnerfed if you ask me. Rather than fine-tune things they go for the headshot.

Officer is pretty dang weak now. Halving the buff gained would have been better. And Farseer, totally wrecked. Honestly thought they initially had planned for the synergy, but perhaps not.

Sage and Tremor nerf sounds about right though.

Thoughts...

I realize the hot fix just came out.
A few thoughts I have

1.I know Gold cards are not "the" thing anymore
but since the patch and now the hot fix (to me) it seems getting golds dealt to you seem low.
For shits and giggles I played my pre patch consume deck just to see if it was viable and how could I swap out a couple bronze cards and replace them with a couple new cards
and out of 30 some odd games ...the golds just don't pull like they used to.
maybe it's just me...

2.It's obvious this time around (so far) it seems like causing damage to the opponent is "the" thing

3. Potions have become a thing now to counter all the cards and ways to protect from damage

anyway just some thoughts

Good fix overall, it will be helpful for sure.
Now like pretty much everyone I'm surprised about a few things.

No change about NR is kinda problematic. Maybe CDPR made what they considered being the most important change first and will release another fix soon with what's necessary to rebalance the armor archetype. I don't know. Hopefully they don't forget about it because it's quiet a ridiculous deck.

I'm also not a huge fan of the change on Harald. Not that the deck didn't needed a buff, it certainly did but I don't think it's healthy for the game to laverage an archetype by making one card OP.
Because let's be honest here, Harald is ridiculous now. He's a minimum of 15 power swing now, possibly even more with the Axeman...I don't know. Maybe I will change my mind when I try it but I feel like they should have changed the Axeman so that they're more reliable rather than making Harald an over powered machine gun.

Not sure about the Dwarven agitator either, was he a problem really? It's not a big deal though. Dwarfs will still be viable, no problem about that.

The rest seem pretty good to me. Nothing make me jump.
In fact, the change about Stammelford is exactly the one I was thinking about. It's a great and healthy change. It makes the spell a lot less abusive than it was without sending it to oblivion so double thumbs up really.

Same thing about the Sage, it might sound like nothing but the fact that he banishes the card he resurrects was a necessity.

Finally, I love the change about the Vrihedd officer. It might feel kinda harsh but it makes the card a ot more tactical to use.
Now you have to make a choice, either you mulligan a Wardancer or a Vanguard and get a small body in return (but develop your board more effectively) or you go for Brigade and make a big ass fatty. I like it.

I'm surprised none of the golds were changed during the patch. And its terrible how they nerfed ST so hard. I knew some changes were necessary, but that was too much, while in the meantime SK gets buffed. As for NG they should make enforcers damage random, not directed, or somehow rework the card. No other passive damage card has that ability.

Ya my thoughts are holy crap did CDPR grow a pair and make immediate changes for the betterment of the game. APPLAUSE! Proud of them! Thanks for listening to the players, checking the stats and meta, and taking swift action. Noted and appreciated...

Top Bottom