GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is out of beta!

+
completely different game. My decks and collection are messed up. I'm not wasting more time in assimilate new mechanics and rebuild efficient decks, who knows, maybe They change everything the next month. I've spent too much time adapting myself to the changes instead of playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few posts deleted. Here we go again... members are free to express any opinion, whether positive or negative. However, any opinion, must be expressed respectfully, which means NOT to ridicule, threaten, sling accusations, or try to shut others down.

Really sad, long time Witcher fan and said at the beginning how I would love to play Gwent as a standalone.
Spent masses of time through beta and loved every second. Fast forward and I have ended up here after launch having only looked at it twice.
This isnt at all remotely similar to what I have just beta tested. Far removed from the game I have loved. All cards have been changed, mechanics have changed, activating powers etc where has all this come from?
We didnt ask for all these huge changes/additions did we?
I would urge the team to rewind and rethink some of this game, or maybe I am being way too emotive??
All I know is I dont want to play this at all anymore and for me at least....that is a huge shame. I miss the game so so much.

Now I have no other reason to not do the ironing!! Damn it CDProjekt
Post automatically merged:

It's their game, they made it the way they want. They shouldn't be ashamed just because you say so.

Meanwhile in cdpr- "Cyberpunk may not sell well because some Gwent player got 'betrayed' and will not buy the game..... woo scary! Quick, we must roll back the changes!" :LOL:

You shouldn't mock...that is pretty rude...

Could you please reverse this "update" so i can have my GAME back? I find it hard to understand why did you downgraded closed beta version to this pathetic point counter Hex 2.0 wanna be. At the beginning gwent was a witcher mini game and you changed it to complete new project ,changed everything yeah so its not gwent anymore its an different game with the gwent name.Wouldnt be wiser to leave beta as its or even better give players option to pick which version they wanna play?

Homecoming have so many flaws that i dont know from what to start,basically you DOWNGRADED the game for android and removed everything what was the spice of the game and replaced it with condition system what cannot be fulfilled.For exaple Mosters faction,strategy = deathwish.Solution you need either GALE or special card to cast ability or bronze unit to cast it ,not to mention hero,you cant expect enemy will kill off your deathwish units and get damaged and if the draw wasnt lucky your game is ruined,all you can do is throw cards and count count.Or gale being killed next round after you play him,even with spell immunity what doesnt protect him from some of spells .So simple and boring and you think its fun to watch?

I understand the beta version was at such level of development that many people copied most powerful decks but it was flexible,you could do a turnover with 2 cards if you played them wisely and now you cant do much because of limits you putten into game. When i think about it deeper and see how random people played online,thsoe who wasnt very good nor experienced i saw the pattern between how awful they build their decks and how you reorganized the cards now. Seems like all you can do is to build decks like starters because you aim to attract such playerbase. [Nope.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cards balance is really bad... I so disappointed :(
Everything else pretty nice. But cards are so bad... Now half of games are just dice rolling... Artifact based decks - absolutely trash thing... Scorch, Epidemic and similar things - to strong in game where most of units have similar amount of power and you can easily make it absolutely same... And when most of cards are weak enough, some of cards are to strong in many situations and can provide unreal amount of points: Ge'els, Ign, Sihil, Regis, Keltullis, Schirrú and many others are pretty bad... just... just game balance is too broken right now :(

Yes, they betrayed us. And, if you want, i explain to you the Burza's hypocrisy (from youtube video's). Many of us hate the changes, you love this game? No problem, but if i want to play real Gwent now, i'll need to play The Witcher 3.
It can be a great game, but they must delete Gwent from the name: The witcher card game only sounds better.
Ah, i saw more post's from Closed Beta players like me, so strange, really similiar to my tought.

I have played Gwent in closed Beta for some hours (60-100h).
And iam really disappointed right now.
The Game feels very slow and RNG heavy.
It feels like they wanted to make it more Competitive and Complex bit that didnt work.
Today the outcome of a Game is determined by Luck more then by actual Skill. Unlike Hearthstone there is no good balance between Skill, Deckbuilding and Luck.
Its like an endless Loop Player 1 gets Tempo due to lucky Draw or the Boost, P2 tries to Counter but because of the slow Gameplay and the fact that most Action require 2 Turns you can only get back on Top with lucky Synergy‘s or P1 will just counter your attempt to gain an advantage in his turn and then you again have to try getting the Tempo bagk again and again until the round is over or you overcommit.
In order to make the game more conplex the devs just broke the whole flow and it feels much worse then closed beta gwent.
The draw 3 cards also adds more rng and also minimizes the cardadvantage.
I play a lot of tcg (hearthstone, magic, yugioh...) and also classic cg and none has that much rng over rng into rng mechanics and that less relevant decisions.
Sad :(

If you opened the kegs during beta, then the cards have been milled for full scrap value. If you didn't open the kegs, they are still intact but contain Homecoming cards.
I read this as "we put all of your cards in the shredder, without asking or even informing you, and now you get to put the shreds back together. Details buried on page two of a forum post."

As a player who had not yet familiarized themself with the milling process, the following occurred after the change:

1. Log in, forced into tutorial that is long on narration while short on instruction. Quit halfway through.
2. Come back, finish tutorial, try to locate cards I paid for. No luck.
3. Dig around online only to discover that my cards and decks have been destroyed.
4. Consider uninstalling, but decide to keep it around for the potential class action lawsuit.

Consider uninstalling, but decide to keep it around for the potential class action lawsuit.

First of all, you agreed to the terms of use when playing the beta, also full knowing it was a beta and subject to change. More importantly, you are actually complaining that you got full scrap value for your collection, allowing you to craft any card you want? CDPR could also just have wiped your whole collection, instead.

I read this as "we put all of your cards in the shredder, without asking or even informing you, and now you get to put the shreds back together. Details buried on page two of a forum post."
Except there was prior notice, as far back as in August.
It was discussed on the forums, other official channels, and unofficial channels as well.

The terms of use arent that strong before a judge, normally they get kicked of first...

It depends on the terms of use. You cannot put any kind of bullshit in it and expect it to stick. But something like "this game is subjected to change" isn't that far-fetched. Regardless, delving deeper into this is not only derailing the topic but also against the forum rules. So, let's just drop it with a final note; that I do not like to bring the terms of use into a discussion, but when people start threatening with a law suit, I have no choice but to remind them of the agreement they have accepted.

Top Bottom