GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is out of beta!

+

Watch the official launch trailer for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game — a free to play strategy card game set in the world of The Witcher!

You can now play GWENT on PC via GOG.com. The game will launch on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on December 4th.

Learn more about Homecoming, the biggest update in the history of The Witcher Card Game, new features, mechanics and cards on a dedicated website.

To celebrate the full release of GWENT we’ve prepared a special Launch Celebration Pack containing:
  • 24 kegs — with 5 cards per keg, this makes for a total of 120 cards!
  • 1 Legendary card — choose out of 3 Legendary cards!
  • 500 Meteorite Powder — perfect for transmuting cards into their Premium animated versions!
  • 5 Arena tickets — gain immediate access to GWENT’s Arena Mode!
Launch Celebration Pack can be purchased up to 5 times per account.

Good luck and have fun!

I just can't play any mode. The game just keep searching and searching for opponent for straight two hours now. Can some mods or admin help me with my issue please?
Thank you

Not many players stayed to play the game...

You could at least say "Thank you" or "Goodbye" to people who spent year and a half testing the game, 'cause there are not many of us left. Some closed beta players left after open beta midwinter, wonder what will happen with the rest of players now. If Midwinter was fiasco, I'm afraid to ask what is this? Very disappointed with the game and the path the Gwent have taken/is taking. Was playing since closed beta, but now I am going to stop playing defiantly and maybe even uninstall the game. When you test the game, you don't change it into another game when transferring from Beta (0.x) to Gold (1.0x), some minor improvements and changes, yes, but this!? You had excellent game, then you almost ruined it, and now you put it into a coffin. There was Gwent, and now there is a former shell, a game that have the same title the other great game had.

Design and visuals are wonderful, btw.

If it's out of beta, then why am I still playing the beta version on ps4 this morning?

My PS4 says "this version is no longer supported" so I don't know what you're talking about.
Post automatically merged:

Because the beta will end on December 4th for both the PlayStation and Xbox, due to technical and licensing reasons.

It is down on the PS4, it has been down since yesterday. I assume it won't be back up until Dec. 4th for consoles, maybe I am wrong and need to try logging in again on the PS.

You could at least say "Thank you" or "Goodbye" to people who spent year and a half testing the game, 'cause there are not many of us left. Some closed beta players left after open beta midwinter, wonder what will happen with the rest of players now. If Midwinter was fiasco, I'm afraid to ask what is this? Very disappointed with the game and the path the Gwent have taken/is taking. Was playing since closed beta, but now I am going to stop playing defiantly and maybe even uninstall the game. When you test the game, you don't change it into another game when transferring from Beta (0.x) to Gold (1.0x), some minor improvements and changes, yes, but this!? You had excellent game, then you almost ruined it, and now you put it into a coffin. There was Gwent, and now there is a former shell, a game that have the same title the other great game had.

Will be Interesting to see. Gwent was my favorite all time game in close to 40 years of gaming. I don't even like cards games but it took hold of me. I'm really hoping I will adjust to the new gwent as I'm not ready to let go. Can't say I am a fan of many of the changes besides card arts. 2 years learning a game only to have it change and have to learn it over is very hard to swallow. But I'm going to dive in and try

Nah the game looks well built so far. good job guys!
let's not judge the patch 1 minute after it's release :)
keep an open mind guys. I'm liking it so far!

Okey, let's recap it...

You had a game very similar to Hearthstone with some unique techniques (which were great btw) and you wanted to be original. I get it, it's okey and very honorable of you to have a great game that is not copying anyone with some great lore... But today I've officially lost my enthusiasm for playing Gwent. You totally remade the game showing all the old players a big middle finger. I understand some cards were OP and you needed to nerf them, but what about having half the Scoiatel deck and your highest card has 4 force / health / whatever is it even called now? Again, I understand they have some techniques to make them good, but I literally can't win a single match ATM cuz of others having cards with 10+ health. You realize how F-ed up am I right now? Wasted all of my points into that Scoiatel "skill tree" for some good cards, but all what I've found is a bitter end to this great game. That was my experience, and by the look at the comments here, I am not the only one demotivated.

Of course, this is the first patch and you gonna fix every single "bad" thing that is apart of Gwent, but I am not gonna be naive and just hope for that. Please, try to do as much as you can to make this game good, right now I went from - I am hyped to get home and rest while playing Gwent! to - I might try one more time before I uninstall in tears.

Round and round, it's not bad, but ATM like I said, I literally can't play, cuz there is no "reset" button for that "skill tree" or "book" or whatever is that even and my cards in other decks are... well...

I have comment here for the first time. I love Gwent, and I was looking forwad to the homecoming update. However, the game changed wayyyy too much. It is my understanding that when a game is in beta that the developers use it to see what the players like and would like to see in the final release. So, I am very, very curious to know why the game has changed drastically. No 3 rows, no feel of uniquiness between the factions, all the cards abilities have been changed, manual execution of cards abilities......were beta players really asking for all these???

I for one, surely was not.

I do love the graphics, and I think it would have been appropriate for Thronebreake as a completely different game, but CDPR should have kept gwent as it was.

What really enrages me is that CDPR is acting like all this is normal and no big deal. I remember reading a post here that advertised HC as a "fast paced" card game ... WHO ARE YOU FOOLING! I am trying to overlook the fact that I spent hundreds of dollars on a game that you deliberately killed for this crap I didn't pay for. (It is a hard lesson learned. Never ever spend money on a beta game.) All that is putting me on a fence thinking to sue CDPR for false advertisement.

It is just incomprehensible that you spent 2 years to test a game just to change it to something new and start over. What's the point of all that beta? HC is unbalanced and incomplete. Despite the fact, you released HC as if it's the final Gwent after the beta. It is incomprehensible that CDPR, a company that cares for their games, did this to Gwent and their fans.

This is the last post I'll ever make about Gwent. GOOD BYE. I may login to check out the arts and stuffs and maybe play a match once a week or month. You have lost a customer.

Last edited:
Why I can't change the screen resolution ? its 720*400. I was playing on 1440*900 before updating.

The system requirements changed didn't they? Because during both closed and open beta my PC (W10, Intel I5 2500k 3.3 Ghz, 8 gb ram, Nvidia Geforce GTX 650) was able to run smoothly a full premium board.

Now even at medium the premium cards on the board (in the deckbuilder/collections they run fine) are laggy.
Post automatically merged:

Here's one that was here since closed beta and won't go anywhere. You do you, i'll do me.

Now even at medium the premium cards on the board (in the deckbuilder/collections they run fine) are laggy.

Try to enable/disable v-sync. Also, make sure you don't have any heavy processes running in the background, like Chrome.

Will be Interesting to see. Gwent was my favorite all time game in close to 40 years of gaming. I don't even like cards games but it took hold of me. I'm really hoping I will adjust to the new gwent as I'm not ready to let go. Can't say I am a fan of many of the changes besides card arts. 2 years learning a game only to have it change and have to learn it over is very hard to swallow. But I'm going to dive in and try
I agree. I really loved what Gwent was. Particularly before the full release, I was really getting into it. Now it's not even Gwent but Gwent-looking-something-else-entirely.
Couldn't certain errata have been employed if need be, rather than restructuring everything in its entirety?

The music, art, and animation is still superb, I will admit. But the game is fundamentally different, so what was the point of the Beta?

Top Bottom