GWENT: The Witcher Card Game -- Official FAQ

+
Is this only available through PlayStation store? Is there a physical version?

I would love a physical disc version for ps4 eventually as well, (only 15% of Australians have access to a broadband network), I have a ps4 that has never been connected to the internet and it happily plays my collector editions of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Fallout 4 without any patches, expansions or dlc obviously.

I absolutely love playing Gwent within The Witcher 3, it is one of my favourite parts of the game, and the new fully featured single player adventure for Gwent and the skirmish player vs. AI modes sound extremely exciting and absolutely awesome! I would so love to play these one day!

I would also like to thank you for releasing the four physical Gwent decks (with HoS and B&W) it is wonderful to have these, hopefully you may release more decks like this in the future as well.

I like Gwent but the problem is time. I have limited time and I have prioritize and I do the quests instead, the story-ones that is. There is such an unfathomable amounts of contents in this game and Gwent gets the last straw. But I like the game. In fact, I think it would be perfect on my iPad which I'm writing on now. It would be awesome if one could connect the iOS-version of Gwent to the main Witcher 3 somehow so the progress goes on there as well. Then I'd play more Gwent on my ipadwhen I'm at the gym or wherever else I'm unable to play the Witcher 3. Playing online against other people would be cool too. I did register for the beta, I'd prefer to play it on ps4 cause my PC is sluggish as hell but I think a card game wouldn't be much trouble.

Hi, i had acces to this game via GOG, but i had to reinstall windows on my computer and now the game doesn't appear in my GOG account library, anyway to take it back? Thanks a lot

Hi, i had acces to this game via GOG, but i had to reinstall windows on my computer and now the game doesn't appear in my GOG account library, anyway to take it back? Thanks a lot
Actually, this is normal so you don't need to do anything. The KTS version has indeed been removed from GOG library, just wait till you get into Beta to get the Beta client.

Keeping purchased cards is a serious issue, and yet there is no reaction from the devs on this forum, even though this is something that should be quite high up in the official FAQ, WHERE IT IS NOT EVEN MENTIONED AT ALL! I'd be willing to spend some money in the store, but obviously there is no point in doing it if I won't be able to keep my items in the full game. Please react, CDPR!

mrfanciestofpants;n6967590 said:
Keeping purchased cards is a serious issue, and yet there is no reaction from the devs on this forum, even though this is something that should be quite high up in the official FAQ, WHERE IT IS NOT EVEN MENTIONED AT ALL! I'd be willing to spend some money in the store, but obviously there is no point in doing it if I won't be able to keep my items in the full game. Please react, CDPR!

Um ... https://www.playgwent.com/en/faq

[h=3]What will happen with the items I purchased during the Beta? Will I get to keep them after the game goes out of Beta?[/h] Should any progress resets happen, we will return you the number of Card Kegs you purchased using real-world currency.

So, I'm enjoying the game and want to buy some packs. However, with Nilf's release in the not-incredibly-distant-future I was wondering if, say, I purchased 15 packs now and opened 7 of them would the 8 I have left unopened have the possibility of containing Nilf cards once they were released? Or should I just go 7 now and 7 later and lose the (admittedly minor) discount?

Shinji117;n7057630 said:
So, I'm enjoying the game and want to buy some packs. However, with Nilf's release in the not-incredibly-distant-future I was wondering if, say, I purchased 15 packs now and opened 7 of them would the 8 I have left unopened have the possibility of containing Nilf cards once they were released? Or should I just go 7 now and 7 later and lose the (admittedly minor) discount?

That's really a judgment call on your part. I think it may be awhile (months most likely - maybe even after the closed beta?) before a Nilfgaard deck comes out. I would probably hold off on buying cards in anticipation Nilfgaard deck personally. But if the couple bucks makes a big difference to you, I get that.

EDIT: Just so it's clear - I have no idea when Nilfgaard will be added. I was just making a guess based on how betas normally work.

Last edited:
Rawls;n7057830 said:
That's really a judgment call on your part. I think it may be awhile (months most likely - maybe even after the closed beta?) before a Nilfgaard deck comes out. I would probably hold off on buying cards in anticipation Nilfgaard deck personally. But if the couple bucks makes a big difference to you, I get that.

EDIT: Just so it's clear - I have no idea when Nilfgaard will be added. I was just making a guess based on how betas normally work.

It was more about "whether old-bought packs might hold new cards"
Nilf's release apparently early next year:
https://amp.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/5e4svy/popular_questions_answered_by_devs/

Shinji117;n7057950 said:
It was more about "whether old-bought packs might hold new cards"
Nilf's release apparently early next year:
https://amp.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/5e4svy/popular_questions_answered_by_devs/

Interesting. I thought about saving up kegs until Nilfgaard gets released. With level 45 i mostly draw spare cards now and the few epic and legendary cards I miss I'll craft. But opening no kegs over a whole month+ , I don't think I'll have the discipline for that ^^"

Top Bottom