GWENT: The Witcher Card Game -- Official FAQ

+
i hope there will be an option to deactivate the animations
they are cool when you see them for the first time, but after 1000 times it can be quite annoying.

Coming to Mobile?

Hey does anyone know if the Gwent game will be coming to mobile at the full release? I know that it is probably too early to tell but I think that mobile would be a great platform for Gwent.

P.S. If a CD Projekt dev sees this I also want to say that Witcher 3 is the best RPG I have ever played and the ending to Blood and Wine especially with Yennefer was absolutely everything I could've ever wanted. When I saw CD Projekt Red on the screen at the E3 press conference I knew it would be Gwent and I was literally squealing in my chair at the office. My co-workers thought I'd gone crazy :lol: Thank you CD Projekt for an amazing game and I am so happy that the soul of the Witcher will live on through Gwent until the next Witcher game comes... whenever that may be.

Hey does anyone know if the Gwent game will be coming to mobile at the full release? I know that it is probably too early to tell but I think that mobile would be a great platform for Gwent.
Here was the somewhat cryptic reply to this question, a few posts back:
Is there also going to be a mobile version?

First let's focus on the platforms we already have

Will there be leaderboards, leagues and similar more official PvP play?

This is just a pipe dream of mine, but I think it would be really nice with a "hardcore" tournament of some kind. You pay, let's say 5€ or something, get a standard deck that you can't edit by buying packs or whatever, and then winning or losing cards in play by certain criteria (so you don't win or lose a card per game, but lets say each 3:rd loss in a row, the winner gets a random card from your deck). When you don't have enough cards left, you're out.

High stakes and rarity to make it stressfull and interesting, for example risking cards or betting ingame currency and then have tourneys throughout the day at different levels of exp where the winner gets a new card. It's all about the cards. There needs to be many and a variety of ways to get them, not just ingame purchases. There should be cards that you can purchase but others that only gameplay will lead to. Even have some nice quality random prizes so the casual player could be rewarded by luck. Then you could reward cards for offgame things like witcher 3 trophy accomplishments, or signing up to a website or app, dlc downloads merchandise purchases or social media shout outs. There are so many ways to make this game into something great.

Hi!

A couple of question here...

Apart from the single player campaign (really excited about it!), will there be any option to challenge NPCs if you just want to stick on the single player experience and/or just play with friends?

Second, in case of "yes", the reward system will reward people who play against AI and friends as well? I say this because hearthstone does not allow to earn points and exchange it for boost packs if you play only with friends and/or AI.

However, Magic Duels allows earning points against AI and friends (less points than player vs random people, but at least there is the possibility.

It would be great to know more about this! Thanks! :D (sorry for my English)

Hi! I've got problems at "register now" page for the gwent-beta. The "I'm not a robot" doesn't work!!!

HELP!

Edit: OK,problems are with IE. I has worked well with chrome. Sorry

Last edited:
A bunch of questions

Hej @Rafal_Jaki , hej Damien, hej REDs!

So I got a bunch of questions I already sent you via e-mail when this thread didn't exist. Hope you'll be able to answer some of them:

Will some of the changes (e.g. balancing, new abilities) made to GWENT also affect the W3-minigame?

What are the plans for the post-release support? Will you add new factions, will there be tournaments, new platforms?

Regarding the single player campaign: You mentioned that the campaign will be released episodically. Will these episodes be free or will you have to buy them separately?

Furthermore I've read that GWENT is being developed by the people which created W3. Does that reference the team that is also working on patches for W3 or is GWENT the first big project of the Krakow based studio?

My last question is regarding micro transactions:
How will they be handled? Are there going to be card packages or will you have to buy individual cards? Is there going to be a ingame market place where players can trade cards for ingame currency or other cards?

#CDPRLove,
Wookey

Last edited:
Are you guys going to implement more factions apart from the 5 found in the Witcher 3? for example I think for a Gwent stand alone game it'd be better to separate the Wild Hunt from the Monsters. Maybe a Wild Hunt faction alone doesn't have much room for a decent roster since it's basically an elite unit, but maybe instead of a WIld Hunt faction we can get an Aen Elle faction which includes the Wild Hunt within it.

Top Bottom