GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Update is Now Live!

+
TH3WITCH3R;n7890260 said:
I think you are using same strategy
Yep, I'm playing a nekker+arachas consume deck. Actually, your screenshot could be taken from our mutual game, I even remember we played before. The nekker output depends heavily on first round nekker warrior number. Which is random; this deck depends on mulliganing nekkers and crones, there are no room to mulligan enough warriors all the time. Which means 90% losing round in 3300s.

TH3WITCH3R;n7890260 said:
now please don't tell me to keep scorch & all other counters to counter nekkers only.
You really should keep counters for 3rd round, when you are dealing with this deck. The strategy is build upon building third round advantage with nekkers, Kayran and sometimes grave hag. It is proper to counter in last round; countering consume conveyor setup can prove to be difficult task considering there are no "key cards" for combo that can be easily killed early.

Dijkstra-ru;n7891410 said:
Yep, I'm playing a nekker+arachas consume deck. Actually, your screenshot could be taken from our mutual game, I even remember we played before.

May be or may be not as my name is not TH3WITCHER on game :)

The nekker output depends heavily on first round nekker warrior number. Which is random; this deck depends on mulliganing nekkers and crones, there are no room to mulligan enough warriors all the time. Which means 90% losing round in 3300s.

Really ? as the monsters I am facing always having at least 2 warriors at start & if not they are getting it in 2nd round. I never faced any monster players with this strategy lacking warriors so sorry not going to buy that point.

You really should keep counters for 3rd round, when you are dealing with this deck. The strategy is build upon building third round advantage with nekkers, Kayran and sometimes grave hag. It is proper to counter in last round; countering consume conveyor setup can prove to be difficult task considering there are no "key cards" for combo that can be easily killed early.

Hahaha when you give some one advice it's looks good here but not in actual game as strategy varies par player & keeping counter in last rounds means you are giving ca to monsters as with consume they are putting quite high strength on board in no time.

Wasn't there supposed to be a monster nerf? I mean that is the lightest nerf I have ever seen.. I guess I am sticking with monsters since they are so broken. Nerfing like 2 cards, and think that fixes everything lol... So messed up.

Also don't know if this is possible, but can I not be matched up with people that are over twice my level when starting out? Is that possible or is it a not enough players thing?

Last edited:
Jeckel;n7902330 said:
Wasn't there supposed to be a monster nerf? I mean that is the lightest nerf I have ever seen.. I guess I am sticking with monsters since they are so broken. Nerfing like 2 cards, and think that fixes everything lol... So messed up.
Honestly, monsters aren't broken unless you're playing in the really early levels (which it sounds like you are) simply due to the fact that their commons and rares are highly synergistic and valuable whereas most other factions require a variety of rare/epics to be strong. But once you get past that initial hurdle, you'll find that monsters has a pretty unforgiving cap - scoia'tael and northern realms can have insane 200+ str values at the end of their final rounds, and skellige and nilfgaard both have so much fuel to survive well past most monster decks' peak performance.

TH3WITCH3R;n7894290 said:
I never faced any monster players with this strategy lacking warriors so sorry not going to buy that point.
Err... Okay?
zantclick;n7903450 said:
Honestly, monsters aren't broken unless you're playing in the really early levels (which it sounds like you are) simply due to the fact that their commons and rares are highly synergistic and valuable whereas most other factions require a variety of rare/epics to be strong. But once you get past that initial hurdle, you'll find that monsters has a pretty unforgiving cap - scoia'tael and northern realms can have insane 200+ str values at the end of their final rounds, and skellige and nilfgaard both have so much fuel to survive well past most monster decks' peak performance
Here are some (graphomaniac) thoughts from monster point of view (around 3300 MMR, consume deck):
— SK discard is the most popular deck on ladder. I think it beats everything, but monsters, Ciri-dash+Cerys+Lugos combo is mad pile of gold in last round, plus overbuffed Morkvag and Olgierd. Should be nerfed at my opinion. Punished by deck with monster graveyard control, though. SK masochist is now weaker, easily countered by weather. Have a high win rate.
— NR can't put up a fight, except for Radovid. There are lots of Radovid control decks on the ladder, which can counter monster consume deck. I have 50% winrate against NR, mostly due to precisely timed Pavetta draining out all nekkers. It also can be done with cleaver, but it is a hard enough to do so. Margo spam is much harder to manage compared to consume conveyor; Foltest is susceptible to be controlled by weather easily. None, but Radovids then.
— ST can't put up a good fight. Overbuffed dwarves end with weather/d-bomb easily, you just need to provoke them into long play. Neophyte spam is weak tactics enough, Ele'yas is neither weather immune nor agile. I think they will made him so in future, but now it can be easily countered by tacticool-placed fog. It has 10-20 strength at most, equal to ekikimara carried into last round by monster ability. The match becomes purely mind game with lots of math on Toruviel power. Mistaken by one once, got owned, but win rate is high, and they are rare enough. The game is boring and nervous, don't like it. 200+ strength is debuffed easily due to row stacking on melle, deck which is not based on buff is too weak in terms of str.
— Nilfs are the most interesing matchup; have very low win rate, but the game is dynamic and interesting. Lots of cow-thrower combos and so on. Rare.

tl;dr: now everyone play Radovids, Consume/Weather and SK diskard; SK discard and monster should be nerfed; NR gold spam should be buffed; No idea why nilfs are so rare.

zantclick;n7903450 said:
Honestly, monsters aren't broken unless you're playing in the really early levels (which it sounds like you are) simply due to the fact that their commons and rares are highly synergistic and valuable whereas most other factions require a variety of rare/epics to be strong. But once you get past that initial hurdle, you'll find that monsters has a pretty unforgiving cap - scoia'tael and northern realms can have insane 200+ str values at the end of their final rounds, and skellige and nilfgaard both have so much fuel to survive well past most monster decks' peak performance.

Well because of the matchmaking (I mentioned it earlier) I am not just going against (really really) low level people. And everyone 20+ I play is a monster, and they all have variations on the same thing. I mean I can tell ya the first few turns most of the time. Some of them lead with the Nekkers, some mix it up with the Harpy eggs, but it is always the same deck.. They really need to nerf this absorb mechanic because it is just getting out of hand, not to mention still need to fix the Monster's special being able to keep the last one played (Or the one before that if that one is blown up) is so broken compared to all the others.

Last edited:
Jeckel;n7903690 said:
Well because of the matchmaking (I mentioned it earlier) I am not just going against (really really) low level people. And everyone 20+ I play is a monster, and they all have variations on the same thing. I mean I can tell ya the first few turns most of the time. Some of them lead with the Nekkers, some mix it up with the Harpy eggs, but it is always the same deck.. They really need to nerf this absorb mechanic because it is just getting out of hand, not to mention still need to fix the Monster's special being able to keep the last one played (Or the one before that if that one is blown up) is so broken compared to all the others.
If you meet too much of some tactic, try to tech up against it. Add lacerates, weather-immune units and Aeromancy (or Merigold's Hailstorm, practically the same) then own this hype decks. It is as simple as it can be in my opinion.

Jeckel;n7903690 said:

Level has nothing to do with ranks, i got matched mainly against Rado Controll Decks some Scioa/Skellige Decks and rare i face Monsters and Nilfgaard. Your problem sounds more like a Deck Problem to me.

My Winrate against Monster is by far my highest (85%). But i run some Alzurs/Lacerate and even Dimeritium Bomb, not cause of Monsters rather they are always nice to have ^^, maybe you should add some of those Cards too, with Alzur i wait most of the time for Vran or Arachas depends on which Deck my opponent plays (there are only a few archetypes), Lacerate is good (depends on Situation) against alot of breeded Nekkers but always remember how many Nekkers are left in his Deck, in the last turn it would be a waste if they just spawn new. But in the First/Second turn you can clear your opponents deck and give up the round, just for the following rounds.

First turn it can be also valuable to run high tempo some of this Decks need to long to catch up in points cause the stratgey need really long to build up, some run Witchers or Crones but they invest alot of Deck space/Silver Slots for them.

Dimeritium Bomb is self-explanatory most of the times you want to spare it for round 2 or 3. Always expect that Kayran can be played or in rare case they run a Grave Hag, but first or second round it can be good to bait Kayran out

Dijkstra-ru;n7903870 said:
If you meet too much of some tactic, try to tech up against it. Add lacerates, weather-immune units and Aeromancy (or Merigold's Hailstorm, practically the same) then own this hype decks. It is as simple as it can be in my opinion.

Or just play monster, and beat everyone.. :p I mean Lacerates won't do much, if you go for weather they will just out strength you and keep that unit.. I mean it is so simple to win with the counter needs to be so strong it just breaks everything. I mean they have nerfed all the other Hero's so much that the Monsters is by far the best, and then they add this on top of it. Comon man you can't say it doesn't need a little fixing =)

Can I get ya to admit to a little at least :comeatmebro:

ImperatorSK;n7904580 said:
Sorry didn't see your post must of been close to mine.. I am glad ya have luck with them, but now I hope I don't run into you when I am playing mine heh.. But I will say this, The Monster drain is currently the strongest unless your built directly against it which means you won't be against others. I mean it is easier to play around the Rado Control then it. Not to mention if they add and Aard to it.. I mean that combo is so strong, and they usually have Fog at least.

Also... can we get a full refund on changed cards? I mean it might majorly effect us, and it would give us a chance to change it for different stuff. I mean I don't know if that would break things, but it would be very awesome if it was possible.

Last edited:
Jeckel;n7904600 said:
Or just play monster, and beat everyone.. :p I mean Lacerates won't do much, if you go for weather they will just out strength you and keep that unit.. I mean it is so simple to win with the counter needs to be so strong it just breaks everything. I mean they have nerfed all the other Hero's so much that the Monsters is by far the best, and then they add this on top of it. Comon man you can't say it doesn't need a little fixing =)
Come on, you cant beat everyone just by playing monsters. You should try, and you will change your opinion. Also, I'm not the huge monster fan, I have full set of NR decks, two hype ST decks and so on. Plan to play everything eventually, so nerfs do not scare me.

Dijkstra-ru;n7904940 said:
Come on, you cant beat everyone just by playing monsters. You should try, and you will change your opinion. Also, I'm not the huge monster fan, I have full set of NR decks, two hype ST decks and so on. Plan to play everything eventually, so nerfs do not scare me.

Seriously... killing it with monsters man. It is so easy, and I don't have an Aard yet... Though will be getting one soon. I mean look at how other monsters decks out there doing the same thing.. I am telling you just play monsters and you will win sooo much.

Heck I got bored, and did an Ambush/Bounce deck.. It isn't that great, but wow do other players *Hate* it lol

And dang... well I guess I am going after lvl 39's now....at level 10... thanks matchmaking.

Last edited:
I was thinking that it would be a good idea to be able to exchange previously purchased Gold and Silver cards with little extra cash to go with it. That would be handy due to some purchased card turning out being not what expected or needed. Like for example, if you want to get another Gold card you could swap it for one of yours + 200. So it would cost you a 1000 altogether ( 200 cash instead of 800 ) And give this option to, let’s say, higher levels or ranks only, like after 20th level or 10 rank. So it would be a nice incentive to get there faster ($$) LOL:rolleyes: :stoptrolling:

XanderThd;n7831480 said:
I concur. Plus the 3 silver weather cards though obviously nerfed don't mill for the full scrap price even though this should have been the correct course of action at this point.
Tbh I'm currently wary to craft some new cards because I don't know if they will end being useful or not.
Yes I am aware this is a CB and changes are bound to happen but some form of compensation should have been implemented. By not doing this is how you pave the way to losing customers in the long run.

sounds like you were riding the weather gravy train and don't like that the chef noticed you were over serving. weather is ridiculous in the first place and more powerful than just about any gold, and bronze too. Just stop complaining as at this point you're lucky weather is even in the game anymore.

thereisnobuddha;n7879430 said:
Please DEV's, explain - what is the point of silver weather cards? Seriously? You know, I gotta say, I've been waiting some time to dish out some cash for you guys.I
m reconsidering. And I'm not the only one. I think you guys do amazing work and you've shown interest can care on your consumer base. Unlike Ubisoft for instance. Have you seen the knew for honor launch and mess? I don't follow the logic you guys seem to be using to balance cards out. You're making whole sections of the game play completely redundant. Less and less it matter what faction you play - Less and less the game is fun. More and more just plain frustrating. Read the forums for details on what I'm talking about. But an example:
and NR deck can blow the board with gold cards. I've used weather to lower their values only to have them turn into two or three 9 value gold cards. Those were BRONZE UNITS. In order to counter that, particularly on high ranks, you have to have a control deck that allows for very little room for your own cards. Lacerate this, thunder that, scorch this. Even with attacking SK deck, you can't stop gold. So now, load up on shackles and locking and adrenaline to toggle resilience....don't forget the bright light...There's no creativity in playing like this...

Combine card abilities, make them faction unique....Or I promise I won't be the only one quitting.

I have to say, ive dealt out a small amount of cash and I have to say, if you nerf weather more you will get more cash from more of us. don't listen to these weather players as we all know weather is op. keep nerfing weather and you will get more cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay folks. Let's keep this discussion civilized and no more name calling. Few posts deleted and one edited.

Last edited:
roundert;n7988920 said:
sounds like you were riding the weather gravy train and don't like that the chef noticed you were over serving. weather is ridiculous in the first place and more powerful than just about any gold, and bronze too. Just stop complaining as at this point you're lucky weather is even in the game anymore.

Sure, sure. I wrote a suggestion that can be applied to all the cards that are going to change for better or worse in the future and that means that I was solely playing some sort of weather deck and I'm complaining. Flawless deduction there lol!
Learn the difference between an argued suggestion and a complaint and then we will talk.

XanderThd;n8001110 said:
Sure, sure. I wrote a suggestion that can be applied to all the cards that are going to change for better or worse in the future and that means that I was solely playing some sort of weather deck and I'm complaining. Flawless deduction there lol!
Learn the difference between an argued suggestion and a complaint and then we will talk.

sorry about that, it seems my hate for weather only grows with every complaint on weather nerfing that I see. You mentioned weather being nerfed so I suppose I overdid it a bit in my response, however, since you did mention it I don't think I was completely out of context and contrary to your amazing deduction skills, I wasn't suggesting that you use weather exclusively, merely that you should not be complaining about weather being nerfed when it remains the most powerful strength reducing force in the game. My apologies for the confusion.

For some reason I'm not able to update. Now I uninstalled the game and can't install either. I get "Server problem" continuously. Other GOG games work just fine.

Top Bottom