GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Update is Now Live!

+
lpredrum136;n7837910 said:
I think the nerf on silver double-weather cards is necessary, you get to choose which weather to spawn and that's why the card is silver. Indeed it is a bit inferior to Aeromancy but overall the nerf is satisfactory.
Also, just a minor thing, Vran Warrior now instantly counts down to 1 (turn) the moment it is played. Come on CDPR if you nerf it would you please do it properly? Other turn-based cards don't instantly count down that way, you have to wait for the exact number of turns.

Read the descriptions properly, please. most of the timers are at the beggining of the turn, this one is at the END of the turn.

Refund all my monster and weather cards for crafting price plz, i focus on it as my first deck and now have 10% winrate with it.
I have spent 1 week of my life for this, and now its fu***d by your patch.

Lantea;n7838470 said:
So weather is destroyed again by making the silver weather cards useless and easily destroyed by a bronze card, seriously! :facepalm:

Well before the patch weather players fully relied on double weather effects and they did not use bronze cards at all. Now weather players should think more carefully about which weather to spawn and form their decks accordingly. In my old weather deck I was getting by using bronze cards for additional Rain/Fog and only had the double Frost/Rain. That deck is still at similar value except that one card will offer a choice instead.

Also this change increased the value of Ragh Nar Roog extremely. Finally the card found its full value and can be considered as a must-include for a full-weather deck.

Ugralitan;n7839320 said:
Well before the patch weather players fully relied on double weather effects and they did not use bronze cards at all. Now weather players should think more carefully about which weather to spawn and form their decks accordingly. In my old weather deck I was getting by using bronze cards for additional Rain/Fog and only had the double Frost/Rain. That deck is still at similar value except that one card will offer a choice instead.

Also this change increased the value of Ragh Nar Roog extremely. Finally the card found its full value and can be considered as a must-include for a full-weather deck.

Even ST can use Ragh Nar Roog now, Vhrihed officer will remove some cards lol.

Weather Monsters complaining from the fact that now they will have to use their brains in order to win a game. Fun times.

this brutal nerf to double-weather silvers is a temporary solution until they find a better balance to the game in relation to weather, right now the devs just want them out of the game but they will not be forgotten

Thank you CDpr
Vran/ Crones nerf is amazing and needed for a long time!
Weather cards change is finally balanced and i love it!
Avallach Str change is very good ! Gj on that!

Axeman nerf- Thank you so much!!! Finally ! ^^

need to test some of the other changes but so far so good

Crones nerfs is amazing? lul the difference now between crones (faction card) and witchers (neutral) is 3 strength, how is this even supposed to be reasonable (not saying dont nerf crones but if u do nerf the witchers as well)
To everyone saying monsters weather still playable, u are all obviously not players of the deck (most of the deck has no synergies it relies on putting the strength of the other deck synergies to 1 and have some strong units that are immune to that same effect), tell me a single F****** weather monsters that is now ladder viable, if u try to use synergies like for example nithral (not to mention mangonel being obviously better than it now, and u can run 3 of those) u know what happens? u get a bronze neutral card that kills it instantly (azul thunder), oh or u can try frost giant which happens exactly the same, this is the reason the radovid retarded removal deck works u can play bronze cards that insta counter silvers ones(now with first light being better than any weather card besides the golden ragh na rok)

And still they refuse to adress the passive of monsters that doesnt work the same for all the cards, cause tell me who wants to play foglets if the second u play a fog effect the opponent passes and ur passive becomes useless

Name of the patch: Stop playing monsters, Play Nilfgaard cause is the last faction we made

I still see a lot of weather in ranked (around 2000 mmr) and it isn't half as dead as some here predicted.
​​​​​​It is astonishing how fast some people declare this whole game to be unplayable while the update is still not one day old.

Calm down folks....

petersnowz;n7841800 said:
Crones nerfs is amazing? lul the difference now between crones (faction card) and witchers (neutral) is 3 strength, how is this even supposed to be reasonable (not saying dont nerf crones but if u do nerf the witchers as well)
To everyone saying monsters weather still playable, u are all obviously not players of the deck (most of the deck has no synergies it relies on putting the strength of the other deck synergies to 1 and have some strong units that are immune to that same effect), tell me a single F****** weather monsters that is now ladder viable, if u try to use synergies like for example nithral (not to mention mangonel being obviously better than it now, and u can run 3 of those) u know what happens? u get a bronze neutral card that kills it instantly (azul thunder), oh or u can try frost giant which happens exactly the same, this is the reason the radovid retarded removal deck works u can play bronze cards that insta counter silvers ones(now with first light being better than any weather card besides the golden ragh na rok)

And still they refuse to adress the passive of monsters that doesnt work the same for all the cards, cause tell me who wants to play foglets if the second u play a fog effect the opponent passes and ur passive becomes useless

Name of the patch: Stop playing monsters, Play Nilfgaard cause is the last faction we made
Foglet works as intended. You keep the latest spawned non-fleeting non-golden monster or neutral creature. Foglet deck thin and give you 6 free strength when you play fog, so you have enough benefits for a little downside.
And remember that you can play other stuff if you don't want a foglet.
Weather monster is a annoying as heck deck where you just spawn 6-7 weathers (depending on the leader) with little to no option for your opponent to counter it (even with 3 first light). It was about time it got nerfed.

i ve seen people starting Crones followed by riders and foglets and i dont know why , even if the opp passes on your crones, drawing more riders or foglets is bad, why not start with foglets , followed by riders and crones at the end?

While I can certainly understand the nerf on the Tuirseach Axemen, I don't really know how to use the Savage Bears now as they have become more of a hindrance than anything.

Deadman2709;n7848440 said:
While I can certainly understand the nerf on the Tuirseach Axemen, I don't really know how to use the Savage Bears now as they have become more of a hindrance than anything.
Harald, WarCry...

Savage bears are good if you want to cooperate with warcry, which is getting better and more viable with every patch.

On the contrary to popular opinion I STRONGLY dislike Axemen's change... I do agree that the nerf was deserved, but they were crucial part of (back before patch) self-wounding archetype, which was considered quite funny (based on several topics here on forum) and was not even considered OP. I have hoped that Axemen's change will be simply reverted (+2 str every time own unit is weakened). Now the only card which benefits from hurting (exclusively) your own units as Skellige is warcry and that actually means discard of one of the more interresting strategies :sad2:.

Dejma93;n7850810 said:
On the contrary to popular opinion I STRONGLY dislike Axemen's change... I do agree that the nerf was deserved, but they were crucial part of (back before patch) self-wounding archetype, which was considered quite funny (based on several topics here on forum) and was not even considered OP. I have hoped that Axemen's change will be simply reverted (+2 str every time own unit is weakened). Now the only card which benefits from hurting (exclusively) your own units as Skellige is warcry and that actually means discard of one of the more interresting strategies :sad2:.
Pre-nerf axeman was utterly broken. It can be either A) buff on oppo damage or B) buff on self damage. But it can't be both. Imho the current version is fine, the card is strong but not as insane as it was before.

You didn't get the point I was reffering to Axeman before patch- the big Nilfgaardian one, which buffed them to gain strength when any unit is weakened. I agree that it was too strong, and more importantly too erm, let's say straightforward. Put in your words I argue against A) and advocate B)- reverting them to pre-nilfgaard state (buffing them to 4str was fine though), as it was quite unique strategy which fitted Skellige's spirit much more than this.

Hello; lurker mode off; after axeman nerf (which is ok), there's one thing left that makes zero sense: Skjall. Please change it, (maybe back?), or into sth like -3/4 strongest card on the opposite row?

Dejma93;n7850810 said:

Clan Drummond Shieldmaidens also get benefit from being hurt (After all current Savage Bear-Shieldmaiden Rush puts nice value on table along deck-thinning). Also Gremist still works on self-hurt principle. Warcry is the most obvious one.

Old Axemen were problematic due to the fact it would provide partial immunity to damage. For example if enemy executes a hard 16-20 strength damage combo, the damage not applied to Axemen will buff them to skies.

Top Bottom