Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap is for sure going to happen holy crap!!! So excited. I'm not a big card game fan but As soon as I played Gwent in W3 I immediately saw CD Projekt would be fools not to capitalize on the formula. Huzzah to CDPR always listening to the fans!!

Even the layout of the board lends itself to an online card game . :D

Exciting news. But i need to point out that as a card game, Gwent in Witcher 3 is not close to be balanced. Many cards are must-add to the deck while some others are almost worthless to build around, even some hero cards. The Skellige faction adds great variety to this mini-game but current Gwent still got a long way to go.
Hopefully the announced standalone Gwent game can bring us more surprise.
Cheers!

I have two big hopes for the stand-alone version of Gwent:

1. CDPR needs to balance it out so that Gwent has long-term replayability. As others have observed, once you develop a sufficiently advanced deck in Wild Hunt, you're essentially unbeatable.

2. It would be nice if there were some role-playing elements incorporated into the game. I'd love it if you actually got to play against other characters from the main game like Dandelion, Zoltan, Triss, Yennefer, etc, maybe add a bit of dialogue and some cutscenes here and there so that you feel more immersed.

Me too!

RIP Nilfgaard deck though : D

I'm so glad they did not remove the Scoiatael, that would have been the last nail in the coffin : D : D : D

Such looooooong wait though : ( Beta starts in September.

Well, I am a bit disappointed. Those expensive physical cards will be almost worthless now. They waited for so long to make double sales just on Gwent cards. I kind of start to feel similar manipulation that other companies try to hurl . That said.

Last edited:
Why worthless?

The physical cards are for playing the gwent as it is in Witcher 3.

Of course the competitive multiplayer stand alone version was going to be a lot different.

Also, did they remove the leaders of the factions? Francesca, Eredin, Foltest.

I can't see them in the announcement video.

If so I hope they get their own cards!

And I also hope all those characters who did not get a gwent card like Rita and Shani WILL get one now! Omg I'm so excited!

It was expected, but from what we've seen, the overhaul they did looks out of this world - I wonder how much time have they been working on it.
So much new art and graphics. It looks really sleek.

Will it be perfectly balanced? I doubt it. But Gwent is lyfe, Gwent it fun.

Also, I have high hopes for single player campaign. Witcher choices and morality involved maybe? :D

Most people will play online now. And those cards were expensive to get. Why didn't they make this before at the start? Because they want to double the income? First they only sell in physically. Now when it's over get it online. Disappointing.

Last edited:
I read that it is going to be like Hearthstone, F2P with in-game purchases which is great! But cannot say that this info is 100% true.

---------- Updated at 05:40 PM ----------

Update: The faction leaders are still there. Just saw Foltest Francesca and Eredin.

Those cards were more for "collection", rather than actually playing (At least that's why I got them). Because as it stands the current cards are not that balanced. I'm sure they'll do lots of modifications, additions and so on so that it will be a viable game online.

F2P with in-game purchases

But cannot say that this info is 100% true.

I really hope its not true....

@fantesmeee As I said, because the decks are incredibly unbalanced :) Currently it's not playable competitively. Only against AI, where you are designed to win most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom