Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find Nilfgaard faction anywhere on the screenshots, in trailer, in text description. Hope it's not going behind paywall of some kind. Though it's not like I feel greedy to pay for Gwent :D

Balance tweaks looks pretty heavy, will be interesting to test. New cards and new arts look amazing.

------

BTW, I would like to see Sapkowski's face when he will hear that someone gave that kind of impulse to a one small dialogue from his book :D

Last edited:
Nilfgaard will probably arrive somewhere along the way with it's own campaign.

They need to save some stuff for later guys! I'm just so glad it wasn't the Scoiatael to take the hit : D

Well, I am a bit disappointed. Those expensive physical cards will be almost worthless now. They waited for so long to make double sales just on Gwent cards. I kind of start to feel similar manipulation that other companies try to hurl . That said.

Hahaha. you obviously buy those for collecting purpose. Why would they lose their value?

Dont know to be honest.... F2P ends in the most cases in Pay2Win....

Not necessarily.

The Witcher Battle Arena, for close example, also has in-game store - with cosmetic elements (no impact on gameplay) and the playable heroes. You can unlock everything without any payments, and while you max out one hero skill tree you'll get enough in-game gold to buy three more heroes.

So if they stick to this model - "pay to get everything faster" with a normal rate of in-game awards, there'll be no problem.

This is a collectible card game, something must be locked in the beginning :)

If they went with the same model that Hearthstone has that would be fine with me.

Earning card packs via victories and progress or buying them for money.

I very much prefer this than have a game like this be b2p with almost everything unlocked.

You know what else would have been cool? If there were different battleground that would affect the battle.

The battlegrounds would be based on places from the Witcher world and would be chosen at random .

Like the Skellige Isles battleground and if you play the Skellige deck, an optional perk pops up that you can either use or not on this battleground.

But the perk also disadvantages you in some way to make the game balanced.

And then there would be neutral battlegrounds!

Awesome! Good move to jump in to the flourishing online card game genre with Gwent. :)

Played a bit of Heartstone, and did join the beta program of TES: Legends, but this is something else! Can't wait to play a bit more further developed Gwent against others. I trust the business model will be chosen well. :)

What's your experience with the delivery time of the physical gwent decks?
It's been a month now since I ordered them and there is still no clue on the estimated arrival date.

@fantesmeee As I said, because the decks are incredibly unbalanced :) Currently it's not playable competitively. Only against AI, where you are designed to win most of the time.

I wanted them to be more exceptional and valuable, but this seems not to be the case. Those cards will be for everyone. Because of the money. Sad.

Also, I will never pre-order. Just after two days, this could be bought for around 10$ less in a local retail store, which is funny. And the special pre-order box on cdp came to me all destroyed. Dissapointing.

CDP, I hope you will not become like UBI in a few years. They did good games, but now they seem to be like bored with it.

Last edited:

It's official,
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is coming soon. To quote Marcin Iwiński, CD PROJEKT co-founder:
Marcin Iwiński said:
I would like to thank all the fans for supercharging us to make standalone GWENT happen. Thousands of e-mails in dozens of languages coming from all around the world, the phone calls, the forum posts, and more than 40 fan made versions – all this, and everything in between, didn’t go unnoticed. Yes, we were mysteriously quiet after the launch of The Witcher 3, but during all this time we were hard at work on what we just unveiled today – GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. We’ve taken all that heart and energy you gave us and put it into GWENT. If you enjoyed GWENT in The Witcher 3, I think I don’t have to convince you to sign-up for beta. If you hadn’t tried it yet, there’s no better time. Go register, play the beta for free starting from September and share your feedback with us. Tell us what you like, and what you don’t. Tell us what we should change or improve. We made this game for you, so let’s shape it together.

The closed beta will launch in September 2016 for PC, Xbox One, and, eventually, PlayStation 4. Additional information and details may be found in the official FAQ.

Congratulations to Team Gwent!

*Update*: Comments and discussions on the forthcoming stand-alone should be posted in the new Gwent: The Witcher Card Game Forum.

Last edited:
I wanted them to be more exceptional and valuable, but this seems not to be the case. Those cards will be for everyone. Because of the money. Sad.

Uh, not really. The Gwent physical cards are only available to those who purchased the physical versions of the expansions or redeemed their expansion pass online. The release of "Gwent: The Game" is not going to make the physical decks less "exceptional" or "valuable." They were always aimed at those of us who wanted something tangible, not people looking to host competitive tournaments and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom