GWENT: Thronebreaker is coming to The Witcher Card Game!

+
Dominika;n9341771 said:
Thronebreaker spins a truly regal tale of Meve — a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms.

Sweet! Loved the reference to Meve in Blood and Wine. Excited to see her here.

[video=youtube;EK_fD-PgkUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_fD-PgkUI[/video]
Starts around 2:10 in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riven-Twain;n9349031 said:
'This year' is indeed rather vague, but, seeing as we've only about 4 months left in the year, I wager we'll see it sooner or later (hopefully before the winter holidays)?

Just checked the GOG page. Classic stuff...

soon.jpg

I'm so excited for this. Instant buy for me. Is it confirmed that this is the first of several campaigns, which hopefully will focus on different characters?

SkippyHole;n9348511 said:
"When the story ends, take a piece of it with you into online battles, with 20 new, Thronebreaker-inspired cards for your multiplayer collection."

So no, not separate.

I will probably buy this as well, but can't help to wonder, will the campaign cards be available exclusivly for players that buy the campaign or will the entire comunity be able to get them via kegs and scraps?
If campaign card will be exclusive for the buyers but usable in multiplayer there will eventually be quite a lot of cards (after more campaigns are issued) not available to the entire comunity, which can lead towards the p2w direction.

Meve has a scar in the trailer, so I'm guessing this story happens after the Battle for the Bridge on the Yaruga, after which she knights Geralt for his support.

YevhenSnizhko;n9355271 said:
Do I need to know 'Witcher 3' storyline to fully understand this story?

No, Meve is a character from the books but you can read about her on the witcher wiki.

Rammyp;n9353711 said:
I will probably buy this as well, but can't help to wonder, will the campaign cards be available exclusivly for players that buy the campaign or will the entire comunity be able to get them via kegs and scraps?

it would make sense it they were not included in kegs, but could be crafted with scraps.

scorba;n9355621 said:
it would make sense it they were not included in kegs, but could be crafted with scraps.
It would make more sense to make a bundle with only the normal cards at like 5-7k ores, while being free if you purchased the campaign. So people like me that want to enjoy the single player mode can get all the goodies while f2p people are still able to get the cards relatively cheap.

KnightessRouge;n9368551 said:
I am SO excited for this. Not just for the cards, but for getting the chance to jump back into the Witcher world with new stories.
Nice to see you on the Forums again! May we eventually expect to see a Meve cosplay, perhaps?

Riven-Twain;n9369241 said:
Nice to see you on the Forums again! May we eventually expect to see a Meve cosplay, perhaps?

Aw, thank you! I am glad to be back!

That's funny, because I actually just started working on Meve.. Trying to get it ready for the release of the story mode. Need to beg for more reference pictures tho.

KnightessRouge;n9369721 said:
That's funny, because I actually just started working on Meve.. Trying to get it ready for the release of the story mode. Need to beg for more reference pictures tho.
Looking forward to it! Perhaps our dear RED friends will release a few more images soon. . . .

BTW just get an idea, Campaign 10-15h cool, but what if you add (will be extreme easy, not complicated or time consuming) after beating campaign, you can replay it at Hard Mode. Nothing will change, just all AI cards strenght buffed by 2 or 3 or even doubled (you decide what will be balnced) or even after that some Impossible Mode. That will give you (without much work) to make campaign replayability for those who want some good challenge in single player.
Imo that will be good for many players who like single player. Also that will encourage players to play Campaign and make other decisions then playing first time and recruit other allys, etc.
What you think bout it?

Last edited:
DMaster2;n9348671 said:
Definitely going to pick this up. Still i'm really worried about the cards attached to a campaign that should be real money only. It would definitely a step into the p2w territory and that's something CDPR should be really careful about.
Reading from various media gwent have a reputation as a f2p friendly ccg due to how generous his reward system is, but we all know a wrong step can destroy your reputation in an instant...

As always, the devil is in the details. Will the cards be unattainable to people who don't pay or can they be attained with scraps? What will the price point be and how often can we expect these kinds of add-ons? If they are priced fairly and they don't do these too often (IE more than 4 times a year) I don't have a problem paying. Obviously, they need money for this game to be successful otherwise support for the game will end. Those of us who play regularly don't want that and are willing to throw em a bone once in a while. So I will withhold judgement until I have all the facts. I encourage everyone to do the same.

Guest 4189891

I'd honestly not mind if there was a new deck that could only be used if you bought the TB dlc. They deserve money for making this game. So long as the new deck isn't OP in multiplayer. This game is super Free To Play friendly. They can put in some extra for payment. So long as it doesn't go into PTW territory.

Lornick77;n9393091 said:
So I will withhold judgement until I have all the facts. I encourage everyone to do the same.
I'm with you. Speculations, prejudgements, that's all I read everywhere.

Top Bottom