GWENT: Thronebreaker is coming to The Witcher Card Game!

+
GWENT: Thronebreaker is coming to The Witcher Card Game!

Prepare to embark on a new adventure from the world of The Witcher in Thronebreaker — GWENT’s single player story campaign.

GWENT: Thronebreaker spins a truly regal tale of Meve — a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms. Facing an imminent foreign invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and sets out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.

Explore new and never before seen parts of The Witcher world, embark on thought-provoking quests, gather resources, and engage in custom-made story battles, which twist the game’s rules in wildly unexpected ways.

GWENT: Thronebreaker will release this year on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. More information is available on playgwent.com.

Woooopeeeeeeeeee!!! Sooo exited about this!

PS: Any change that "Coming this year" means like... next week? Or, tomorrow?

I wonder how the 20 new multiplayer cards work. Considering Lyria is Northern Realms, are we getting 20 new Northern Realms cards, and, importantly, are they going to introduce Meve as a leader? It'll be great to see exactly what this brings, and I wanted more Meve in the books so this should be great.

SkippyHole;n9347451 said:
I wonder how the 20 new multiplayer cards work. Considering Lyria is Northern Realms, are we getting 20 new Northern Realms cards, and, importantly, are they going to introduce Meve as a leader? It'll be great to see exactly what this brings, and I wanted more Meve in the books so this should be great.

I don't expect that pve on 27th. We will get 20 cards and I'm pretty sure that this pve mode will be launch after the next season (another 2 months), thats why they said this year. Maybe then they will add more than 20 cards (like a huge expansion) so there will be no problem to add 20 cards to each faction. Like 20 freeto NR forfinishingpve mode and the other in kegs. Who knows.

Last edited:
Ejecutor-EU;n9347511 said:
I don't expect that pve on 27th. We will get 20 cards and I'm pretty sure that this pve mode will be launch after the next season (another 2 months), thats why they said this year. Maybe then they will add more than 20 cards (like a huge expansion) so there will be no problem to add 20 cards to each faction. Like 20 freeto NR forfinishingpve mode and the other in kegs. Who knows.

No I don't expect it this patch. In fact, with how delayed they seem to be adding new cards I'm expecting it late November/early December, with no other cards being added before then. But I'm fairly sure it says on the site something about adding 20 new cards only, and I think it's been confirmed we are getting Meve as a leader, which suggests that the game will be a bit tilted towards NR for a while.

Campain cards are separate from the 20 or so cards we get every 2 months and as far as i know will not be playable in multiplayer.

Campaign is instabuy for me as well.

Vaishar;n9348371 said:
Campain cards are separate from the 20 or so cards we get every 2 months and as far as i know will not be playable in multiplayer.

Campaign is instabuy for me as well.

"When the story ends, take a piece of it with you into online battles, with 20 new, Thronebreaker-inspired cards for your multiplayer collection."

So no, not separate.

Definitely going to pick this up. Still i'm really worried about the cards attached to a campaign that should be real money only. It would definitely a step into the p2w territory and that's something CDPR should be really careful about.
Reading from various media gwent have a reputation as a f2p friendly ccg due to how generous his reward system is, but we all know a wrong step can destroy your reputation in an instant...

Dominika;n9341771 said:
Explore new and never before seen parts of The Witcher world, embark on thought-provoking quests, gather resources, and engage in custom-made story battles, which twist the game’s rules in wildly unexpected ways.
Hmm. I'm intrigued. You've piqued our interest. Please, continue . . . .

The art style in some ways reminds me of a few older top-down RPGs -- quite a change from Witcher III. I'm eager to see how the talented RED artists have made use of this different format.

'This year' is indeed rather vague, but, seeing as we've only about 4 months left in the year, I wager we'll see it sooner or later (hopefully before the winter holidays)?

Does the preliminary estimate of 10 hours still hold true, or will this first campaign run a bit longer than that?

It would be better that they give you the cards in advance after you buy it, although that doesn't make any sense gameplay wise. I don't realy want to rush the singleplayer just to get the multiplayer cards. Realy don't mind paying for cards, cdr deserve their money, but playing dailies and singeplayer is a lot of gwent when it releases.

Thanks for the article, pinoko !

This stood out in particular:
“It’s a pretty long story, and I think text-wise, it’s the size of [The Witcher 3's DLC] Hearts of Stone. It’s a robust story, it’s not just a card game with some text tacked onto it, it’s a huge story with the card game element.”
Well, well, well.

Top Bottom