GWENT Winter Holiday event is live!

+

The GWENT Winter Holiday starts today and it will run until January 5th, 2021.

During this time you'll be able to earn additional Meteorite Powder by daily login, completing daily quests or simply winning games!

The event introduces a brand new Rewards Book page, where you can spend Meteorite Powder to unlock unique, winter-themed ornaments such as: cardbacks, borders, avatars and player titles.

What’s more, each week of the event, special game modes will return for a limited time, including:

Dual Casting - Once per turn, when you play a special card, spawn and play a copy of it immediately after.

Plus One - Whenever you play a unit, spawn a 1-power copy of it at the end of its row.

Momentum - Whenever a unit is damaged by another unit or itself, give the damaged unit Bleeding with a duration equal to the damage amount.

Whenever a unit is boosted by another unit or itself, give the boosted unit Vitality with a duration equal to the boost amount.

and fan-favorite Battle Rush - Both players have just 8 seconds to complete their turn and 15 seconds to complete the redrawing phrase.

To celebrate the event, the in-game store will be updated with unique, time-limited offers. These will include bundles containing Ultimate Premium Kegs, Meteorite Powder as well as special, winter-themed ornaments: borders, avatars, player titles and a special Grandfather Frost leader skin for Ardal aep Dahy.

... if only you had the option to use scraps for example as a currency instead of Meteorite Powder :sad:

Gyg

Forum regular
The really nice new coin is the first free-to-play coin! Really good reward system and nice cosmetics.
Post automatically merged:

... if only you had the option to use scraps for example as a currency instead of Meteorite Powder :sad:
It is said that we will earn MP for logging, winning and completing daily quests so there are easy ways to earn it.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Just used all my MP on buying the Winter Board from Shupe.
Still, glad to see they've made it easy to earn MP during the event.
Nicely done, CDPR!

Just used all my MP on buying the Winter Board from Shupe.
Still, glad to see they've made it easy to earn MP during the event.
Nicely done, CDPR!

The powder rewards for this event are insane. Don't worry about having spend everything, since you'll gain enough to unlock everything just from the daily login reward (400 MP), not to mention the 200 MP for quest completion and 30-200 MP for winning games.

rrc

Forum veteran
I think this is the BEST Event EVER. What I love the most is, whatever had been already unlocked last year, those nodes are already unlocked in the winder reward tree. Seriously, I cant believe this. Thank a lot CDPR!! Love YOU!!

It would be nice if you showed which of the cosmetics is already owned when browsing the shop. Just like you show "Claimed" in the winter reward tree.

I really wish the old Seasonals didn't replace the current one. I was looking forward to playing some Call of Harmony in the Plus One Wild Hunt Seasonal this month, but now, I can only select the Dual Casting Magic Seasonal.

Granted, the actual event seems nice. It's good they finally eliminated the RNG reward drops. I just emptied my hoard of MP (almost five figures) to unlock most of the new cosmetics.

DRK3

Forum veteran
FInally an event where there is no RNG drops and daily limits, and even better, the new items can be purchased with powder (which is not a problem for "richies" like me) BUT powder is also much easier to obtain, and players can even choose to not spend that powder on holiday items and spend it on transmuting cards instead!

But my favourite part: Blitz mode (Battle Rush) will return! Even if for only one week, better than having to wait until next August.

P.S. - for the 25284th time, introduce that mode permanently already!

Yes, this is what I was talking about, no rng events is the way to go! This truly feels like christmas :')

Hi, could anyone confirm me that the cosmetic in the winter reward tree that I can unlock will *not* get duplicate by what cosmetic I already have. I mean if player already got some cosmetic from last year then it will not be able to spend MP to unlock it.

So, if I saw any node shows MP, it's safe for me to unlock it to earn that cosmetic without any worry to get duplicate. Am I understand correct?

Gyg

Forum regular
Hi, could anyone confirm me that the cosmetic in the winter reward tree that I can unlock will *not* get duplicate by what cosmetic I already have. I mean if player already got some cosmetic from last year then it will not be able to spend MP to unlock it.

So, if I saw any node shows MP, it's safe for me to unlock it to earn that cosmetic without any worry to get duplicate. Am I understand correct?
Nodes with items you have are already unlocked.

Love the event! :)
Would be nice to get another 50% sale on kegs around Christmas, I was not available during the black Friday sale..
I would surely buy some! :p

Thank you so much for making this change to the event and getting rid of the RNG drops. The reward tree looks beautiful and really love how this whole event was designed, no pressure, no rush, you enjoy Christmas Gwent and unlock the vanities you like for powder in a special tree.
Also really nice that your brought the old vanities back for those who might have missed them because of last years RNG.

The only part that is very disappointing is that there is no new winter board for powder and no new powder cardbacks :(

Perhaps at least one leader skin you can get from the reward tree would be nice, or maybe not even a whole skin, but would absolutely love to see a Christmas hat or a scarf for existing Journey leaders.
Don't like the fact that the two Christmas leaders are faction specific and only $$$ and not powder obtainable.

Merry Christmas to the whole Gwent team!

Top Bottom