GWENT Winter Holiday event is live!

+
The beauty of this event are:
1. It does not force players to play more but in the end it encourage players to login, do daily quest or play more by willingness.
2. The cosmetic is no longer rng, players can choose whatever they want or even spend MP at Shupe's shop or make premium cards.

In the end, players are happy and want to play Gwent more. This is amazing. I also translate the event in local language into my local Gwent facebook group to help CDPR promote the event. Hopefully, we have more local players in the future. Thank you, CDPR.

This holiday event is really cooool! It's glad to know each seasonal quest completion gives 200 Meteorite Powder. But the problem is I've complete more than half of the seasonal quest in the seasonal trees last week/before the event without the MP rewards. It kinda makes me frustrated since I was really motivated to try to complete the quests at the very beginning of the season of Wild Hunt but losing the chance to get the MP rewards.
So I'm hoping to get equivalent compensation MP for every quest I've completed this month before the event.

-----------
Update Dec.26: CDPR has removed the reward for seasonal quest on Tuesday. It might be an unintended glitch before. So... I guess if you got it you got it, but no more MP for the seasonal trees nodes.

Last edited:
First, I want to thank CDPR for this event. It is very generous, and clearly appreciated by a lot of players. But I would like to present a different perspective. At least at this point in my Gwent experience, I am far more interested in collecting cards than in cosmetics. I loved the Halloween event because it was generous not just with cosmetics, but with ore as well — I miss oportunities to gain kegs/ore/rewards that help advance my card holding.

Last edited:
This holiday event is really cooool! It's glad to know each seasonal quest completion gives 300 Meteorite Powder. But the problem is I've complete more than half of the seasonal quest in the seasonal trees last week/before the event without the MP rewards. It kinda makes me frustrated since I was really motivated to try to complete the quests at the very beginning of the season of Wild Hunt but losing the chance to get the MP rewards.
So I'm hoping to get equivalent compensation MP for every quest I've completed this month before the event.

Merry Christmas to the Gwent team, you've did a marvelous job this year, thank you all!
Wait, WHAT? Seasonal Reward Tree quests give out extra rewards now? Why couldn't they have communicated this in advance? If what you're saying is true, I've permanently missed out on thousands of Meteorite Powder because I was too quick and completed almost all of the node quests in the first week or two; this is absolutely ridiculous, and the event is officially ruined in my eyes.

Wait, WHAT? Seasonal Reward Tree quests give out extra rewards now? Why couldn't they have communicated this in advance? If what you're saying is true, I've permanently missed out on thousands of Meteorite Powder because I was too quick and completed almost all of the node quests in the first week or two; this is absolutely ridiculous, and the event is officially ruined in my eyes.

same here. I have only 1-2 seasonal quests left and I disappoint that they should inform earlier (or add mp retrospectively to players who finished seasonal quest)

Happy holidays, to Gwent players and REDs!

'Tis heartening to see everyone enjoying this charming, festive event! 'Tis indeed a most generous gesture from the Gwent Team. Personally, I like the Frozen Rarog coin. It makes a very attractive addition. (I'll probably display it, year-round, for many seasons to come.)
Frozen Rarog.jpg

Thanks, and cheers to all!

rrc

Forum veteran
I still can't believe how freaking generous this event is and you guys still find a way to compliant about it?

I also didn't know about seasonal quest nodes giving extra MP. I would have to try. But there are three seasonal trees and I believe that it should be possible to get from all of them.

Even otherwise this event is ridiculously generous!

Last edited by a moderator:
This holiday event is really cooool! It's glad to know each seasonal quest completion gives 300 Meteorite Powder. [...]
If this is true... well, looks like I missed a chance to earn MP for completing all those seasonal quests... only 6600

I also didn't know about seasonal quest nodes giving extra MP. I would have to try. But there are three seasonal trees and I believe that it should be possible to get from all of them.

Well its easy, just give to those who already complete the nodes the extra powder.

Its unfair, who plays the game more, "make the weel rolling", its punished because complete the quests to early.

And for those who doenst play so much the game, they will win 6600 extra powder.

So next month i will only play some daily quests and wait untill the half of the month to start to play. And than, when players start to abandon the game because it takes too long to find other players to play CDPR will see the errors they are doing

This isn't a pittance that CDPR's poor communication cost me and a lot of other players. Complaining, even loudly, seems perfectly justified when you look at how much of a fortune 6,600 Meteorite Powder actually is.

6,600 MP would normally cost a whopping 220 Reward Points, and it can be used to transmute either 8 Premium Legendaries or 33 Premium Epics.

And all they would have had to do was either time this event with the start of the season or else create a detailed event announcement before the season started which explained all the different ways one can earn extra MP, making sure to specifically mention the quests from the Seasonal Reward Tree nodes since those are usually immune from any quest bonuses, like the Faction Challenges.

Personally, I like the Frozen Rarog coin. It makes a very attractive addition.

Usually I'm skeptical of cosmetics in celebration of real-life festivities (lunar year, halloween, christmas,...), but the Frozen Coin has a clean and elegant design.

On the other hand the Grandfather Frost leader skin for Ardal aep Dahy or the christmas antlers are too much. I wish CDPR stick with the plan of "bringing back a darker aesthetic and mood, more in sync with the original Witcher lore". I fear the Blizzard way of dealing with their intellectual properties: were beloved characters are now made of candy or school-related...

Anyway, this is a very generous event. Happy holidays.

On the other hand the Grandfather Frost leader skin for Ardal aep Dahy or the christmas antlers are too much. I wish CDPR stick with the plan of "bringing back a darker aesthetic and mood, more in sync with the original Witcher lore". I fear the Blizzard way of dealing with their intellectual properties: were beloved characters are now made of candy or school-related...
I broadly agree, although I believe a sense of humour is always important, and I appreciate this quality in the REDs. Moreover, I feel it's good to have a bit of light-hearted fun around the holidays. That said, personally, I'm not especially keen on stock holiday themes, images, and motifs. I'd prefer more original artistry, inspired by The Witcher's aesthetics and lore. . . but, I'll try not to be too critical. After all, it's a jolly little event.

You nailed it. Based on my math, with 600 powder just for logging in and doing the daily, you should be able to purchase every cosmetic on the reward tree, last year's board from Schupe's, and STILL have 600 powder plus 30 for every win leftover to use upgrading cards to premiums.

We're getting 12,600 powder just for showing up and doing the dailies. That's just a bit less than I've collected in the last 6 months! Sure I wish I could've gotten an extra 200 per seasonal quest (I'd finished all but two before the event started), but I'm not about to look at a fantastic gift like this and complain about it.

same here. I have only 1-2 seasonal quests left and I disappoint that they should inform earlier (or add mp retrospectively to players who finished seasonal quest)
As I get it why you are angry/dissapointed, you shold still appreciate how generous in general the event is. Normally they were cutting MP resources over the last year and this is really nice. I did all my seasonal quests before too, 2 of them last year, and although it is a little sad (a little more) this meteorite powder buff is gained mostly by new players that didn't bother doing the seasonal nodes. These guys have a lot less transmuted cards than you do. (If you are a new player, then sorry) Just look at the bright site :) It is still a lot of free MP for all of us

Last edited:
It said we can also get the cosmetics from last year. Where exactly are they?
I can only see the ones on page 1 in the reward book.

As I get it why you are angry/dissapointed, you shold still appreciate how generous in general the event is. Normally they were cutting MP resources over the last year and this is really nice. I did all my seasonal quests before too, 2 of them last year, and although it is a little sad (a little more) this meteorite powder buff is gained mostly by new players that didn't bother doing the seasonal nodes. These guys have a lot less transmuted cards than you do. (If you are a new player, then sorry) Just look at the bright site :) It is still a lot of free MP for all of us

I didn't angry. I just sad that I miss 2000+ meteorite from the seasonal quest and yes! I am very appreciate the whole event. I also mentioned that this is an amazing event in the earlier post (maybe on first page). I like it very much and so hype. I posted a translation to local group and hope everyone happyy.

The part that I feel disappoint because CDPR always make an announcement on the date when that event active. I wish they make a kind of official announcement before that a week earlier or more than that. Therefore, players can plan ahead.

Great event!
Thanks CDPR! Very well played this time!
A lot of vanities for win whit not too high pressure, and a clear system to achieve them.

Has anyone purchased every node on the seasonal reward tree?

I was wondering if there were any secret unlockables or hidden contracts for doing so.

Top Bottom