GWENT’s Fifth Expansion ‘Master Mirror’ revealed!

+
Ugh, yeah these last 3 cards are kind of on the lamer side.
Where every other faction got a 7 for 4 unit, we get 4 for 4 here. Why? Because it will proc Harmony? Except it seems useless in a Harmony deck. Oh, it will turn into a 4-point symbiosis unit? So it's an engine that takes 3 turns to start earning... Yeah... the jury is out and it's too early and all that, but this just seems like a terrible card to me.
The Shaping Nature is nothing to write home about, either. Yes, it will create a treant so at least +1, but this boost/vitality nonsense has no synergy with any of the ST units. You can't even use this with Aglais, because you can't play this card from graveyard. So all you're doing is putting dumb, tall points on the board, and the points aren't even that great against the cost. Ugh. Yeah, nice art, though...
Dunca is not terrible, but basically a copy of all 7p reveals from other factions. Remains to be seen if any of these will gain value if you actually try to engine them instead of doing straight 7 for 7. It basically has to stay on the board for at least 4 turns to return profit, which is a problem, imo. By comparison, the Smuggler needs to only stay for 3 turns to do the same.

All the cards will be revealed by tomorow, so i assume they'll reveal 3 cards today between matches and 6 cards tomorrow before finals.

Wonderful! I hadn't expected that, though I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about it.
Now we'll just have to wait to see what/whom gets nerfed or buffed.
Post automatically merged:

Speculating... If they do 3 today I would expect 1 ST, 1 NG and 1 MO. That would leave 1 card for each faction tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think today it is only artwork.. I think reveals will be only tomorrow.. they showed an awesome MO card and SK card (I am assuming the factions)..

they showed an awesome MO card and SK card (I am assuming the factions)..
Definitely MO and SK.

I saw speculations about the first one being the Apiarian Phantom from Witcher 3, and it could be that. Looks exactly like a Wild Hunt Hound, in any case. And there already are some contract monsters as cards, so it wouldn't be unrealistic.

Where are they showing?

Card Arts Leeks source reddit by GraveVVP
4e8799e.png

9871147.png

cc8c333.png

e03de86.png

Last edited:
I havent thought this well yet, but im sure bigger nerds than i am will find up a proper formula to evaluate echo cards after the expansion is released, but for now i would suggest comparing the value it provides with a SINGLE use against the average value of the other cards in your deck.
My way to calculate the card is the following:
You bascially add another card to your deck. An average card in the deck has about 6.6 provisions. That means that the card provisions minions 6.6 is a free provision bonus. Of course this bonus isn't free because you pay for it with the first echo card.
Assuming an Echo card costs 10 and gives you 8 value. That means with both uses you get 16 value for 13.4 provisions.

My way to calculate the card is the following:
You bascially add another card to your deck. An average card in the deck has about 6.6 provisions. That means that the card provisions minions 6.6 is a free provision bonus. Of course this bonus isn't free because you pay for it with the first echo card.
Assuming an Echo card costs 10 and gives you 8 value. That means with both uses you get 16 value for 13.4 provisions.
I disagree.
You for some reason, which I do not get, consider 2 separate card usages as a single (8+8=16) and count the provision cost of the Echo card as the provisions it has over the average card you would get as an additional cost, that is not how it works.
The direction of both steps in your calculation is wrong.

An example:
Let us say you have a 10p Echo card and it is worth 10 points.
The average card is worth something like 8 points for 6.6p.
The higher provisions you have is completely irrelevant as that is not value you get.
In this case you say that on average the 10p card plays for 10 + (10-8) = 12 points.
Based on the assumption on average value Amphibious Assault on 2 Kaedweni Knights is worth 12 + (12-8) = 16 for 12.

The issue is that with Gold cards worth up to 20 points and Bronze cards being 6-7 point cards stating that the average value is 8 is an extremely low estimation and with more polarized curves, e.g. as in NR, the mulligans themselves massively increase the overall points as they will on average be an additional increase to them.

Another option would be that you consider the increased provisions, towards the average card, as a kind of discount of the Echo card.
E.g. :
10p Echo card, 7p average card = > 1/2 * (10+7) = 8.5

Here we consider the cost of the Echo card the average of the Echo cards provision cost and the average provision ratio of the card you would get instead.
Both methods however have to account for the points/provision effeiciency of the involved cards.
Another example would be Shaping Nature, if you ignore point/provision efficiency you could be under the impression that a garbage card like Shaping the Nature, with an abysmal efficiency, would be better than the average card you would get instead.

The first method however appears to be the best way of quantifying the value of Echo cards (although gauging your average provisions is more practical that gauging your average points on your cards).

Edit: If we take your approach for the average provisions (which is definitely reasonable, although leader dependent, so the Echo value scales up with the leader provisions) this should be 165/25 = 6.6, although we admittedly should subtract the Echo card itself, as we compare it to the rest.
=> 165-(Echo provisions) / 24
=> Average Echo provisions (assuming you play it twice) = 0,5*(Echo_p + (165-(Echo provisions) / 24))
=> = 0,5*((23/24)*Echo_p + 6.875), which is roughly the mean of 6.8 and the Echo provisions.

In the case of a 10 provision Echo card this would yield a little above 8,2 provisions.

Last edited:
Could that be the "breathtaking" method ?
I mean after all she takes only a look on how that jewelry would look, specifically without putting it on and grins while doing so.
Edit: Also the haircolour fits.
Could this be the Order card needed to make Viraxas an amazing card, rather than a bland "meh, I guess this passes for playable, even if just barely at best".

Top Bottom