GWENT’s Fifth Expansion ‘Master Mirror’ revealed!

+
Once again, no changes to Endrega Larva or Thrive :( :giveup:
On the brighter side, this expansion is probably going to be thousand times better than MoO.

I have bad news for you... If you thought 2 pairs of endrega larva were tough to deal with on a match were bad, take a look at the new neutral card 'Offering'

Yup, reviving those endrega larvae, but unlike necromancy which costs 7p and its gold so you can only use once, offering its 5p (same as larvae) and bronze, so 4 sets of endrega larvae on each game!

And yes, there is a condition for the revive - to destroy a 1pt unit, but it doesnt say it needs to be an enemy unit, so in Gerni decks and AS decks its pretty much a free play.

Baffling Harmony nerf. Not only super-convoluted, but also ridiculously unfair and unnecessary. Is Harmony "mechanic" better than Thrive, Intimidate or Assimilate "mechanic"? No. So why is Harmony "deck" better than those other decks? Because of MEcho, of course! Great! Lets nerf Harmony "mechanic" - obviously- and completely destroy Non-MEcho Harmony decks, which were already somehow struggling even tho harmony so OP. "Better than removing Harmony mechanic completely! Ohoho, ahaha!" :smart:

Baffling Harmony nerf. Not only super-convoluted, but also ridiculously unfair and unnecessary. Is Harmony "mechanic" better than Thrive, Intimidate or Assimilate "mechanic"? No. So why is Harmony "deck" better than those other decks? Because of MEcho, of course! Great! Lets nerf Harmony "mechanic" - obviously- and completely destroy Non-MEcho Harmony decks, which were already somehow struggling even tho harmony so OP. "Better than removing Harmony mechanic completely! Ohoho, ahaha!" :smart:
Yeah it's pretty dumb. Reviving spells has been a problem ever since the beta. I haven't played in a loooong time and I'm baffled to see them still struggling to balance it. Zero progress it seems.
Post automatically merged:

I really don't see why they can't limit mystic echo to like 10 provision cards or less. It's obvious by now that being able to repeatedly play 10+ provision cards is a huge balancing issue. The cards were simply not intended for it when they were designed.
Now NG balancing however I have no idea where to even begin at this point.

Last edited:
What time are we getting the expansion on 30. June? I couldn't find exact time. Also any patch notes regarding new season?

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

Well, with all cards out now I still feel very excited about this expansion. The game desperately needs it (unless you're a newer player) not every card introduced is a homerun, but there are enough interesting cards and mechanics to spice things up again. I'm glad they take their WH rework seriously and subsequently avoid the binary nature of weather vs. weather removal.
There'll still be plenty of ways to play around the weather (movement, unitless, destroying those units on the opponents boards that benefit etc.) because the actual weather effects aren't independently strong anyways.

I'm really glad they see that 'my 4p tech card beat your 10p special card and thereby strategy' is not the way to go.

We'll see a load of WH and spies initially but it'll balance itself out more as people start to counter them. In a week or two when the better players of pro-rank come up with efficient decks for the other factions I've no doubt they'll gain traction of their own. I'm one of the people definitely buzzing to play the renewed Wild Hunt archetype. It just looks a lot of fun to play and it has more than enough competitive potential. Now I just have my fingers crossed the expansion can be fairly devoid of bugs (shallow hope, maybe)

With no journey being live and no expansion in sight for months after this one I hope they can provide some juicy balance patches for a few months to keep things fresh.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, it seems they ignore the elephant in the room (playing 4 engines in one turn with ME+waters) in favor of this. Waters could have had a rework similar to justice (spawn a non engine dryad and play a fledgling) and ME could have had a rework of its own. I love call of harmony decks and I really like the Harmony concept for ST.

Also, I was watching the dev stream on Twitch (and unfortunately couldn't turn chat off) wew. Talk about impulsive people.
1,5 second after a card was shown on stream you had people relishing a card as OP or fuming that it was worthless. :facepalm:i sincerely hope the devs don't let a crowd like that ever muddle their minds. When Winter Queen came up within 5 seconds people were calling for nerfs. It looked pretty ridiculous. Either they hate on boring design or complain about strong abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harmony is OP compared to other similar keywords, because harmony units just happen to have harmony while doing something else, such as applying Poisen, dealing damage, movement etc etc, which is crazy, harmony decks proc their Engines while Controlling you as if they are a control deck, but other keywords such as Assimilate, or thrive Don't have this, they usually don't do anything else other than having the keyword, not to mention Precision Strike Harmony is also OP, but I do agree that ME needs to change, along with the Nerf to harmony.

Harmony is OP compared to other similar keywords, because harmony units just happen to have harmony while doing something else, such as applying Poisen, dealing damage, movement etc etc, which is crazy, harmony decks proc their Engines while Controlling you as if they are a control deck, but other keywords such as Assimilate, or thrive Don't have this, they usually don't do anything else other than having the keyword, not to mention Precision Strike Harmony is also OP, but I do agree that ME needs to change, along with the Nerf to harmony.
Have you actually read any of the cards with Assimilate? They're just as useful as the Harmony units with damage, poison, purify, etc. That argument is just 100% wrong. There are even some utilitarian cards with Thrive, such as Abaya and Drowner; although, this isn't necessary since Thrive is already objectively better than both Assimilate and Harmony, given that almost all of the cards in your deck can trigger it.

Honestly, I don't think this nerf will drastically impact the Harmony archetype, but it's a stupid change that will just cause a lot of confusion. It's also baffling that the developers are completely ignorant of the actual problem (i.e. using Mystic Echo on Waters of Brokilon).

Have you actually read any of the cards with Assimilate? They're just as useful as the Harmony units with damage, poison, purify, etc. That argument is just 100% wrong. There are even some utilitarian cards with Thrive, such as Abaya and Drowner; although, this isn't necessary since Thrive is already objectively better than both Assimilate and Harmony, given that almost all of the cards in your deck can trigger it.

Honestly, I don't think this nerf will drastically impact the Harmony archetype, but it's a stupid change that will just cause a lot of confusion. It's also baffling that the developers are completely ignorant of the actual problem (i.e. using Mystic Echo on Waters of Brokilon).
I think it's too early to make some assumptions about harmony. That nerf is not what we expected, it's not what we wanted, but it just might be what we needed.

To be completely honest with you, Jason laughed basically the way you described in his stream, talking about the nerf. That's sad. Or rather completely lack of understanding.

Does anyone know if the current Journey will disappear when the expansion releases?
I just recently bought it and really want the Kaer Morhen coin.

Does anyone know if the current Journey will disappear when the expansion releases?
I just recently bought it and really want the Kaer Morhen coin.
I think jurney will be replaced by the old system + some MM challenge. New jurney should start in august.

To be completely honest with you, Jason laughed basically the way you described in his stream, talking about the nerf. That's sad. Or rather completely lack of understanding.
Haha, yeah, that was actually a "quote" from the stream in my post. That whole "joke" was just... :confused:

Top Bottom